Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris To Shut down the server. Do the Maintainance and Start Up the server Post 302327374 by incredible on Sunday 21st of June 2009 07:26:46 AM
Old 06-21-2009
cd /
sync;sync;sync
init S
OR
cd /
sync;sync;sync
init 0
from the ok> prompt

ok>boot -sw

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Start Up and Shut down

I've never been on a Unix machine so please be easy on me!!! I need to create a step by step process for the Unix start up and shut down process. Thanks for any help in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaughney
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't start nfs server!

ok i am pretty new i am thinking this maybe a dns situatioan i dunno.... i am trying to start nfs server i get the followin error: mountd svc_tli create could not bind to requested address: address mismatch svc_create: svc_tli_create failed /usr/lib/nfs/nfsd : tli_bind to wrong address... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to shut down and start a Windows process

Hi , Good day people. I want to know if i can shut down a particular service that runs in windows from solaris through a script . Scenario : we have a distributed environment where we want to shut down a service that runs under windows through a shell script in solaris , is this kinda action... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivsiv
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RBAC: create a user to shut the server

Hi, I have created a user to shutdown the server using RBAC. Here are my steps: 1. roleadd -u 1000 -g 10 -d /home/stopsys -m stopsys 2. passwd stopsys 3. edit /etc/security/prof_attr to include: Shut:::able to shut the server: 4. modrole -P Shut stopsys 5. useradd -u 1001 -g 10 -d... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate server start up

Hi, I want to automate process of making server up and down. For us making server up and down is just to go to particular directory in user directories (in Unix box) and running start and stop shell script . We have to run the same things on 5 users on same server . Can anybody suggest... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar_ssm
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to start a mailx server ?

I have a problem with my unix server. Can anyone please teach me how to start the mailx running... . (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: filthymonk
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can not start x server.

Hi to all, i cant start my x server. I use putty and xming. When i type xclock i get no promt back and i must type ctrl+c to get promt again. start x is giving me: $ startx Fatal server error: PAM authentication failed, cannot start X server. Perhaps you do not have console... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ttoni
3 Replies

8. Linux

mysql server start issue

Hi, I have installed mysql in linux box as mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_6.6.. I would like to start the server. But there is no mysql file in this location /etc/init.d/ Please advice how to start the server now !! Thnaks, Mani (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Re-start of RHEL server

I had a query that should the RHEL servers in production environment be re-started say every 2-3 months so that the cache is cleared? I hope, my question is clear that should the Red Hat Linux servers be restarted periodically. Please revert with the reply to my query. Regards (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
17 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server ehen Restarting Database Server?

Good afternoon I need your help please. There is a Mantenance Windos which needs to Restart de Database Server 192.x.x.97 to set up some configuration Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server that runs in 192.x.x.95 ? Is it mandatory or not to stop/start apache and Tomcat?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
3 Replies
XML::SAX::Machines(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   XML::SAX::Machines(3pm)

NAME
XML::SAX::Machines - manage collections of SAX processors SYNOPSIS
use XML::SAX::Machines qw( :all ); my $m = Pipeline( "My::Filter1", ## My::Filter1 autoloaded in Pipeline() "My::Filter2", ## My::Filter2 " " " *STDOUT, ## XML::SAX::Writer also loaded ); $m->parse_uri( $uri ); ## A parser is autoloaded via ## XML::SAX::ParserFactory if ## My::Filter1 isn't a parser. ## To import only individual machines: use XML::SAX::Machines qw( Manifold ); ## Here's a multi-pass machine that reads one document, runs ## it through 5 filtering channels (one channel at a time) and ## reassembles it in to a single document. my $m = Manifold( "My::TableOfContentsExtractor", "My::AbstractExtractor", "My::BodyFitler", "My::EndNotesFilter", "My::IndexFilter", ); $m->parse_string( $doc ); DESCRIPTION
SAX machines are a way to gather and manage SAX processors without going nuts. Or at least without going completely nuts. Individual machines can also be like SAX processors; they don't need to parse or write anything: my $w = XML::SAX::Writer->new( Output => *STDOUT ); my $m = Pipeline( "My::Filter1", "My::Filter2", { Handler => $w } ); my $p = XML::SAX::ParserFactory->new( handler => $p ); More documentation to come; see XML::SAX::Pipeline, XML::SAX::Manifold, and XML::SAX::Machine for now. Here are the machines this module knows about: ByRecord Record oriented processing of documents. L<XML::SAX::ByRecord> Machine Generic "directed graph of SAX processors" machines. L<XML::SAX::Machine> Manifold Multipass document processing L<XML::SAX::Manifold> Pipeline A linear sequence of SAX processors L<XML::SAX::Pipeline> Tap An insertable pass through that examines the events without altering them using SAX processors. L<XML::SAX::Tap> Config file As mentioned in "LIMITATIONS", you might occasionally need to edit the config file to tell XML::SAX::Machine how to handle a particular SAX processor (SAX processors use a wide variety of API conventions). The config file is a the Perl module XML::SAX::Machines::SiteConfig, which contains a Perl data structure like: package XML::SAX::Machines::SiteConfig; $ProcessorClassOptions = { "XML::Filter::Tee" => { ConstructWithHashedOptions => 1, }, }; So far $Processors is the only available configuration structure. It contains a list of SAX processors with known special needs. Also, so far the only special need is the ConstructWithHashes option which tells XML::SAX::Machine to construct such classes like: XML::Filter::Tee->new( { Handler => $h } ); instead of XML::Filter::Tee->new( Handler => $h ); WARNING If you modify anything, apply your changes in a new file created from XML::SAX::Machines::SiteConfig.pm. On Debian systems, this should be placed in /etc/perl so that it is not overwritten during upgrade. Do not alter XML::SAX::Machines::ConfigDefaults.pm or you will lose your changes when you upgrade. TODO: Allow per-app and per-machine overrides of options. When needed. AUTHORS
Barrie Slaymaker LICENCE
Copyright 2002-2009 by Barrie Slaymaker. This software is free. It is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2009-09-02 XML::SAX::Machines(3pm)