Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Career in Networking & Network Security Post 302327339 by jack_jais on Sunday 21st of June 2009 01:33:26 AM
Old 06-21-2009
Hii first you clear what you have done as you have said that you are new in this field are you new to IT or for networking well you can go for mcse & ccna certification it will give you entry in this field after this you have to do a lot of certification to make your bright career for more counceling you can contact to jodo institute new delhi

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking unix & windows

I have very basic question: I have 2 windows sytem & 1 Unix system & wanted to put all three system into one network to each other. what kind of other hardware I need? like cable , router? can anybody tell me the configuration? like how to connect to external hardware to put into network? ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar1
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Shell Script & Blade Logic & Network Security

I am going to take up a position in Data & Network Security. I would need to write network shell scripts doing the following task: Going to around 2000 servers and findout which groups has access to each servers and which ids are there in each group that has access. I need to implement... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Career advice: Solaris & SUN support

I'm looking for career advice here. I've been working as a support engineer for Sun partners for 2 years now, and I worked with a lot of servers, tape libraries, and SAN storage. I have also done a lot of server installations and gone to a lot of trainings. Now, I'm offered to do Solaris... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sun Fire
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The quickest way to a linux security & virtualization career?

I've been a LAMP developer for years and am considering switching gears toward system security and virtualization - I know they are quite different goals. What is the fastest way to get to that goal? I am going through Linux+ CBTs now which will form a basis from which to grow. After that,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: webdevguy
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

While Connecting to Google networking. Error = Unusual traffic from your computer network.

Hello, I am working in office, where, more than 60 clients machines (only 16 machines are on windows) are there and one server Centos Server, I have configured clients with server, so that internet will be used form only one IP. Only 1 ip is assigned, but now a days, my client machines are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedRocks!!
2 Replies
NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)					     Linux Programmer's Manual					     NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)

NAME
network_namespaces - overview of Linux network namespaces DESCRIPTION
Network namespaces provide isolation of the system resources associated with networking: network devices, IPv4 and IPv6 protocol stacks, IP routing tables, firewall rules, the /proc/net directory (which is a symbolic link to /proc/PID/net), the /sys/class/net directory, various files under /proc/sys/net, port numbers (sockets), and so on. In addition, network namespaces isolate the UNIX domain abstract socket namespace (see unix(7)). A physical network device can live in exactly one network namespace. When a network namespace is freed (i.e., when the last process in the namespace terminates), its physical network devices are moved back to the initial network namespace (not to the parent of the process). A virtual network (veth(4)) device pair provides a pipe-like abstraction that can be used to create tunnels between network namespaces, and can be used to create a bridge to a physical network device in another namespace. When a namespace is freed, the veth(4) devices that it contains are destroyed. Use of network namespaces requires a kernel that is configured with the CONFIG_NET_NS option. SEE ALSO
nsenter(1), unshare(1), clone(2), veth(4), proc(5), sysfs(5), namespaces(7), user_namespaces(7), brctl(8), ip(8), ip-address(8), ip- link(8), ip-netns(8), iptables(8), ovs-vsctl(8) Linux 2018-02-02 NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)