Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Move a file from windows directory to unix directory Post 302327066 by clx on Friday 19th of June 2009 01:31:53 PM
Old 06-19-2009
ftp to unix machine and put the file.
search within the forums for more details.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving files from a unix directory to a windows directory

Any body any ideas i'm failry new to this so any help would be appreciated. Cheers Steve (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gleads
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move all files in a directory tree to a signal directory?

Is this possible? Let me know If I need specify further on what I am trying to do- I just want to spare you the boring details of my personal file management. Thanks in advance- Brian- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to MOVE via FTP a directory

Good afternoon! I need to move a bunch of files from an FTP site to my server. However mget *, dele * will not suffice as I cannot guarantee that new files are not uploaded between commands. Roughly, this is what I would like to do: (using a .netrc) ftp somehost bin prompt cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abirdd
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move the latest or older File from one directory to another Directory

I Need help for one requirement, I want to move the latest/Older file in the folder to another file. File have the datetimestamp in postfix. Example: Source Directory : \a destination Directory : \a\b File1 : xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt (xy_032120101456.txt) File2: xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pp_ayyanar
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip all files in a directory and move to another directory

Hi, need to zip all files in a directory and move to another directory after the zip.. i am using this one but didnt help me... zip -r my_proj_`date +%Y%m%d%H%MS`.zip /path/my_proj mv in_proj_`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.zip /path/source/ i am trying to zip all the files in my_proj... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dssyadav
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move gz files from one source directory to destination directory?

Hi All, Daily i am doing the house keeping in one of my server and manually moving the files which were older than 90 days and moving to destination folder. using the find command . Could you please assist me how to put the automation using the shell script . ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How Create new directory and move files to that directory.?

Hi All, We have main directory called "head" under this we have several sub directories and under these directories we have sub directories. My requirement is I have to find the SQL files which are having the string "procedure" under "head" directory and sub directories as well. And create... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script cannot create directory and move the file to that directory

I have a script, which is checking if file exists and move it to another directory if then mkdir -p ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly mv report_manual_alloc_rpt_A_I_ASSIGNMENT.${Today}*.csv ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
9 Replies
SYSINST(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						SYSINST(8)

NAME
sysinst -- install or upgrade a NetBSD system SYNOPSIS
sysinst [-D] [-f deffile] [-r releasename] DESCRIPTION
sysinst is a menu-based program that may be used to install or upgrade a NetBSD system. It is usually invoked automatically when the system is booted from appropriate installation media. sysinst is usually not present on a NetBSD system that has been fully installed. OPTIONS
-D Switch on debugging. -r releasename Set the releasename if it is different to the one compiled. Currently unused. -f deffile Set a file for definitions other than the defaults. See DEFINITION FILE for its format. DEFINITION FILE
The definition file is used to set several other names and directories to search for. You can specify any of the options in the file. They are stored as: option = value pairs. In this description, REL and MACH are the release and architecture respectively, determined by the image sysinst is used on. option name default value description release REL Release name (also set by -r releasename). machine MACH Machine architecture xfer dir /usr/INSTALL Transfer dir ext dir Extract dir (will usually be set later on) ftp host ftp.NetBSD.org ftp host for fetching files ftp dir pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-REL ftp directory for fetching files ftp prefix /MACH/binary/sets directory to look for sets. Note that this is used for all kinds of fetching (CDs, local FS, ...), not only ftp. ftp user ftp ftp user for connecting ftp pass - ftp password ftp proxy - ftp proxy nfs host - nfs host for fetching via nfs nfs dir /bsd/release nfs directory for fetching files cd dev cd0a name of the CD device for fetching files fd dev /dev/fd0a name of floppy for fetching files local dev - Other device to be mounted for fetching files local fs ffs FS-type for local dev local dir release Directory to look for in the mounted local fs targetroot mount /targetroot Directory to mount target root dir to dist postfix .tgz Suffix of set files to be extracted diskname mydisk disktab(5) diskname to use for target disk SEE ALSO
release(7), afterboot(8), boot(8), diskless(8) <machine>/INSTALL.* files on CD-ROM installation media .../NetBSD-<rel>/<machine>/INSTALL.* files in NetBSD releases or snapshots. HISTORY
A sysinst command appeared in NetBSD 1.3. BSD
September 17, 2011 BSD