Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing commas within semicolon in a flat file Post 302326839 by rakeshawasthi on Friday 19th of June 2009 03:04:18 AM
Old 06-19-2009
Code:
echo \"ro,han\",\"ra,hul\",\"ku,nal\",\"vishe,sh\" | tr -d ',' | sed 's/""/","/g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing commas from text file

Dear all I have a file which looks like this xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,xxx,xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,xxx,xxxxxxxxxx etc basically 14 characters then a comma, three characters, then a comma then 10 characters. We are uploading this file to our mainframe and they want the commas removed, so it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

2. HP-UX

Padding zeros after removing commas in file

Hi Gurus, There is a ASCII file in which a comma is used as a seperator for the amount field when the amount exceed seven digits: e.g. 0001300,000. Now, this comma needs to be removed from this field, after padding leading zeros (to maintain the ASCII positions) e.g. 00001300000.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pranag21
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing trailer from a flat file!!!

Hi, I get some flat files with trailer which gives the totol records count and i want to remove the trailer from the file. i used the following command it works fine with a single file. cat file_name | grep -v 'Total records:' > file1 mv file file_name But i dont know how to remove the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing semicolon using sed in aix--urgent

hi I have an expression aaabbb; xxx xxxi i need to get the ouput as xxx xxxi i am using sed -e 's/\(*;\)//g' but it is not working..?? can some one suggest.. This is urgent (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in removing commas

i have the below line as output from a script. I want to delete the string "," and get the output without comma, cat D* | grep "bytes free" | awk '{print $3}' | ????? output: 40,966,189,056 Desired O/P: 40966189056 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ali560045
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing commas within semicolon in a flat file

Hi , Im relatively new to unix and have to process a comma serparated flat file . I recieve some of the fields in double quotes and i want to remove it .. INPUT ==== filed1,field2,field3,"fie,ld4" OUTPUT ===== field1,field2,field3,"field4" can anyone tell me how to achieve... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with removing additional commas in string

Hi Experts, I have below strings hello,hi,,,,,,start date age,code,,,,,61,season I am trying to format this string to hello,hi,start date age,code,61,season Can anyone please help me in achieving this? Kind Regards, RB (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakanth_burra
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing just the trailing commas :-(

Hi all, I haven't needed to do any shell based editing for nearly 20 years, and no amount of searching around has found me a solution to this very simple problem :-( I have a csv file. Some lines have three commas at the end. This means the invoice hasn't been paid. I'd like to use sed / grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chardyzulu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace semicolon within double quotes in a file with semicolon delimiter

Hello Team, Could you please help me with the below question? I have a file with the following properties 1) File Delimiter is ; 2) Text columns are within double quotes 3) Numeric columns will not have double quotes 4) File has total 6 columns Please see a sample record from file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Removing commas from CSV file

Hi I'm creating a sh script to generate a csv file. The CSV contains the values from a sql table. The content looks this: a,b,c,c2,c3,,,,,,,,,,,d,e I have some code that can separate the fields using the comma as delimiter, but some values actually contain commas, such as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preema
2 Replies
ROUND(3)								 1								  ROUND(3)

round - Rounds a float

SYNOPSIS
float round (float $val, [int $precision], [int $mode = PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the rounded value of $val to specified $precision (number of digits after the decimal point). $precision can also be negative or zero (default). Note PHP doesn't handle strings like "12,300.2" correctly by default. See converting from strings. PARAMETERS
o $val - The value to round o $precision - The optional number of decimal digits to round to. o $mode - Use one of the following constants to specify the mode in which rounding occurs. +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Constant | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | | | | PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP | | | | | | | Round $val up to $precision decimal places away | | | from zero, when it is half way there. Making 1.5 | | | into 2 and -1.5 into -2. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN | | | | | | | Round $val down to $precision decimal places | | | towards zero, when it is half way there. Making | | | 1.5 into 1 and -1.5 into -1. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next even value. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next odd value. | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ RETURN VALUES
The rounded value EXAMPLES
Example #1 round(3) examples <?php echo round(3.4); // 3 echo round(3.5); // 4 echo round(3.6); // 4 echo round(3.6, 0); // 4 echo round(1.95583, 2); // 1.96 echo round(1241757, -3); // 1242000 echo round(5.045, 2); // 5.05 echo round(5.055, 2); // 5.06 ?> Example #2 $mode examples <?php echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 9 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 ?> Example #3 $mode with precision examples <?php /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | The $mode parameter was introduced. | | | | | 5.2.7 | | | | | | | The inner workings of round(3) was changed to | | | conform to the C99 standard. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ceil(3), floor(3), number_format(3). PHP Documentation Group ROUND(3)