Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: oracle update not working
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users oracle update not working Post 302326831 by rakeshawasthi on Friday 19th of June 2009 02:44:39 AM
Old 06-19-2009
Not like that, your query was wrong. see the to_char in bold.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

update a oracle table using shell script

Hi, I would like to know how to update a table in Oracle database, if a command in one shell script either successfully completes or it fails.(like Y if its success or N if its a failure) While the command is running,I am able to view the log file created in the Unix machine.After the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ann_124
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

apt-get update not working

Hi all, Till now i was able to do apt-get update. but today i started to the following error: # apt-get update E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (2 No such file or directory) E: Unable to lock the list directory # Could any one let me know how to solve it. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauri
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pro*C Update not working from Crontab

Dear All, I have writen a Pro*c program that does a data base select,insert,update statements and I have scheduled the program to run from crontab, It is runing fine for the select insert and commit statement till it reaches the update statement , it throws the following error: SQL On IPB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alhallay
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Update Manager Not Working

Hello I reinstalled my OS today and after going through the registration the updatemanager pops up, as expected. The problem is all i get is an error message box that's completely blank. The icon in the sytem tray is a blue question mark and when hovering over it, it says i'm not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpg.2009
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't get While loop working with rrdtool update

I have data in a CSV file that looks like; 1353557880:1.111:123.3 1353557940:1.113:123.3 1353558000:1.118:123.3 1353558060:1.123:123.3 1353558120:1.218:123.3 I'm running the following; while IFS=":" read d a b; do rrdtool update temp.rrd $d:$a:$b; done <temp6 It gives me the following... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ottsm
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to update a Oracle table through shell scripting?

My Code is get_week_date() { `sqlplus -s ${DQM_SQL_LOGON}@${DQM_SID} << EOF SET ECHO OFF SET FEEDBACK OFF SET PAGES 0 SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SET VERIFY OFF SET TRIMSPOOL ON (update file_level_qc fq set FQ.DATA_FILE_NAME='Hyvee_Pharmacy_Solutions_201304_v1.txt'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick.cho
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX SP update and Oracle interaction

Situation: AIX 7.1 various SP levels Update to SP9 on DB systems with Oracle 10 or 11G Steps: Apply SP9 update Bring down databases shutdown -Fr Check system health - AIX Bring up databases Confirm functionality Would applying the update while the databases are up cause problems... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: allenhibbert
7 Replies
CMatrix(1)						      General Commands Manual							CMatrix(1)

NAME
CMatrix - simulates the display from "The Matrix" SYNOPSIS
cmatrix [-abBflohnsVx] [-u update] [-C color] DESCRIPTION
Shows a scrolling 'Matrix' like screen in Linux OPTIONS -a Asynchronous scroll -b Bold characters on -B All bold characters (overrides -b) -f Force the linux $TERM type to be on -l Linux mode (sets "matrix.fnt" font in console) -o Use old-style scrolling -h, -? Print usage and exit -n No bold characters (overrides -b and -B) -s "Screensaver" mode, exits on first keystroke -x X window mode, use if your xterm is using mtx.pcf -V Print version information and exit -u delay Screen update delay 0 - 9, default 4 -C color Use this color for matrix (default green). Valid colors are green, red, blue, white, yellow, cyan, magenta and black. KEYSTROKES The following keystrokes are available during execution (unavailable in -s mode) a Toggle asynchronous scroll b Random bold characters B All bold characters n Turn off bold characters 0-9 Adjust update speed ! @ # $ % ^ & ) Change the color of the matrix to the corresponding color: ! - red, @ - green, # - yellow, $ - blue, % - magenta, ^ - cyan, & - white, ) - black. q Quit the program BUGS
This program is very CPU intensive. Don't be surprised if it eats up over 40% of your CPU at times. HOMEPAGE
The CMatrix homepage is currently at http://www.asty.org/cmatrix. AUTHORS
Chris Allegretta (chrisa@asty.org), with a lot of help from many other people. See README file for details. Mon May 3 1999 CMatrix(1)