Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: searching and mapping
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting searching and mapping Post 302326792 by rakeshawasthi on Friday 19th of June 2009 12:36:08 AM
Old 06-19-2009
What have you tried?
What issues are you facing?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keyboard Mapping HP-UX

This is truly embarrassing but I have to know the answer anyway :p Can anyone share, how to assign keyboard mapping in hp-ux system? Every time I issue command which contain character "@", it'll go the next line. What I need is how to assign the character "@" to @ as it is supposed to be. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olli.Lang
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern mapping

Dear Friends, Please help me on this I have file A.txt containing text lines as below grectec; 30 ,50, 60, base_123 ; top09 grectec; 30 ,55, 60, base_123 ; top09 grectec; 10 ,53, 60, base_123 ; top09 grectec; 50 ,57, 60, base_123 ; top09 ... ... another file B.txt containing test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danish Shakil
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re-Mapping Printers.

Hi we have a situation where some printers are on a server that sometimes has to be rebooted. If this happens the Unix boxes we have that are referencing the printers in the vfstab file fail to work even when the print server is brought back up. Does anyone know if it would be possible to put... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hadleyshope
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help Mapping Arrays

I have the following arrays with different lengths that I want to map them with the same key. # Week numbers, 8 columns @headers = ("2011-34", "2011-35", "2011-36", "2011-37", "2011-38", "2011-39", "2011-40", "2011-41"); %data = ("2011-34", BCE, "2011-35", YZA, "2011-36",... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tqlam
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching a file with a specified text without using conventional file searching commands

without using conventional file searching commands like find etc, is it possible to locate a file if i just know that the file that i'm searching for contains a particular text like "Hello world" or something? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating unique mapping from multiple mapping

Hello, I do not know if this is the right title to use. I have a large dictionary database which has the following structure: where a b c d e are in English and p q r s t are in a target language., the two separated by the delimiter =. What I am looking for is a perl script which will take... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

drive mapping

What is the eqiuvalent of /dev/dsk/rdsk in linux vs Solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnutpony123
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Mount and Mapping are same???

Please let me know if mounted on in Unix and Mapping in Windows are same thing??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MZC
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mapping drive

please forgive me. i know this is unix forum. CIFS can map to shared windows folder. i just wonder if windows can map to unix shared folder. if yes, please enlight me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Many to many -- mapping

INPUT 13333--TEXT1 14444--TEXT2 13333--TEXT3 12233--TEXT5 14444--TEXT5 12233--TEXT1 12222--TEXT5 13333--TEXT09 what I'm looking for is something using awk arrays with below given output. 14444--TEXT2,TEXT5 13333--TEXT1,TEXT3,TEXT09 12233--TEXT5,TEXT1 12222--TEXT5 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
6 Replies
pseudo(1)						      General Commands Manual							 pseudo(1)

NAME
pseudo - Starts a non-STREAMS pty interface for a STREAMS device SYNOPSIS
pseudo [-l] [-shell shell] OPTIONS
Starts a shell process as the login shell. By default, the command starts this process as an interactive shell. Specifies the shell to be started. By default, the command starts the shell set by the SHELL environment variable. DESCRIPTION
The pseudo command provides an appropriate interface for STREAMS tty devices that are installed on systems configured to use the non- STREAMS pty driver. The pseudo command opens a pair of master and slave pty devices, and starts a shell process. The command's options allow you to override the default shell specification and to specify that the process be started as a login shell. NOTES
The pseudo command is available only when one or more of the Tru64 UNIX optional subsets with worldwide support software are installed on your system. In order for the pseudo command to provide a non-STREAMS pty interface for STREAMS devices, the system must be configured to use the non- STREAMS pty driver. If the system is configured to use the STREAMS pty driver, the command provides a STREAMS pty interface. SEE ALSO
Commands: stty(1) Interfaces: pty(7) pseudo(1)