Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting regex to remove commentaries and blanks Post 302326514 by rakeshawasthi on Thursday 18th of June 2009 05:58:38 AM
Old 06-18-2009
do you want something like this...
Code:
var2=`echo $var | tr -d ' '`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove trailing blanks, tabs

Hi I need to delete trailing spaces, tabs and unprintable charactes from the file. This file has a number of blank lines which should be left intact. Another words I am trying to remove the junk at the end of each line. Does anyone come across the similar problem? Thanks a lot for any help -A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex to remove text before&&after comma chars

Hi, all: I have a question about "cleaning up" a huge file with regular expression(s) and sed: The init file goes like this: block1,blah-blah-blah-blah,numseries1,numseries2,numseries3,numseries4 block2,blah-blah-blah-blah-blah,numseries,numseries2,numseries3,numseries4 ...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yomaya
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex to remove subdirectory

I need to remove subdirectories that are empty and I've not done this before. First I am going through the files to remove old records. Then if the directory is empty I want to delete it. There are files in /direcotry/images/fs* - 0-9 and a-z The fs* directories need to stay, but any directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: janel10
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Sed to remove part of line with regex

Greetings everyone. Right now I am working on a script to be used during automated deployment of servers. What I have to do is remove localhost.localdomain and localhost6.localdomain6 from the /etc/hosts file. Simple, right? Except most of the examples I've found using sed want to delete the entire... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find regex and remove #

hi , how do i remove # from a line where i found regex.. don't need to remove all the line.. only remove comment.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poki
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove multiple blanks

Hi, I have data as below And I want output as Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regex to remove a segment in a line

Hello, ksh on Sun5.8 here. I have a pipe-delimited, variable length record file with sub-segments identified with a tilda that we receive from a source outside of our control. The records are huge, and Perl seems to be the only shell that can handle the huge lines. I am new to Perl, and am... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary_w
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need regex shell script to remove text from file

Hello I am trying to remove a line like <?php /*versio:2.05*/if (!defined('determinator')){ content goes here}?> Now i want to scan all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: devp
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove row 1 and blanks

I am trying to remove $1 along with the blank values from the file. Thank you :). file R_Index Chr Start End Ref Alt Func.IDP.refGene Gene.IDP.refGene GeneDetail.IDP.refGene Inheritence ExonicFunc.IDP.refGene AAChange.IDP.refGene avsnp147 PopFreqMax ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail K command regex: adding exclusion/negative lookahead to regex -a@MATCH

I'm trying to get some exclusions into our sendmail regular expression for the K command. The following configuration & regex works: LOCAL_CONFIG # Kcheckaddress regex -a@MATCH +<@+?\.++?\.(us|info|to|br|bid|cn|ru) LOCAL_RULESETS SLocal_check_mail # check address against various regex... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobbieTheK
0 Replies
MAILPARSE_UUDECODE_ALL(3)						 1						 MAILPARSE_UUDECODE_ALL(3)

mailparse_uudecode_all - Scans the data from fp and extract each embedded uuencoded file

SYNOPSIS
array mailparse_uudecode_all (resource $fp) DESCRIPTION
Scans the data from the given file pointer and extract each embedded uuencoded file into a temporary file. PARAMETERS
o $fp - A valid file pointer. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array of associative arrays listing filename information. +-------------+-------------------------------------------------+ | | | | filename | | | | | | | Path to the temporary file name created | | | | | | | |origfilename | | | | | | | The original filename, for uuencoded parts only | | | | +-------------+-------------------------------------------------+ The first filename entry is the message body. The next entries are the decoded uuencoded files. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mailparse_uudecode_all(3) example <?php $text = <<<EOD To: fred@example.com hello, this is some text hello. blah blah blah. begin 644 test.txt /=&AI<R!I<R!A('1E<W0* ` end EOD; $fp = tmpfile(); fwrite($fp, $text); $data = mailparse_uudecode_all($fp); echo "BODY "; readfile($data[0]["filename"]); echo "UUE ({$data[1]['origfilename']}) "; readfile($data[1]["filename"]); // Clean up unlink($data[0]["filename"]); unlink($data[1]["filename"]); ?> The above example will output: BODY To: fred@example.com hello, this is some text hello. blah blah blah. UUE (test.txt) this is a test PHP Documentation Group MAILPARSE_UUDECODE_ALL(3)