Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading from a text file then /grep/output Post 302326353 by s3rro on Wednesday 17th of June 2009 06:00:39 PM
Old 06-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgersh99
Code:
egrep -f list.txt *.log

I tried that before but it gives me

egrep -f list.txt *.log
egrep: syntax error

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading text file

I have a text file with 50 munbers. I wanna read these numbers and append "@yahoo.com" and send emails to them using shell scripting.......... How do i read the inetegres from the text file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with reading text file

How can i have a while loop as follows while read inputline do <task> done < name_list and also store the values (delimited) on each line to temp variables so as to print them on screen as follows while read inputline do set name | cut -d "," -f1 name_list # #i know this is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bilal05
1 Replies

3. Programming

reading a text file in c++

hello all , im trying to read a text file and display its contents. While i got the code running and the output was displayed perfectly for sometime , i started getting Abort(core dump) error . Am i missing something here ? im using HP-UX. #include <iostream.h> #include <fstream.h> #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishy_85
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep reverses # output, but not text?

I have a working script to find out the IP of a hostname like this: #!/bin/bash h="www.google.com" echo $h j=`host $h | grep -o '\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}'` echo "ip: $j" output ip: 74.125.19.99 the strange thing is if I use an IP instead of a hostname for $h, it inverts the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grab Portion of Output Text (sed, grep, awk?)

Alright, here's the deal. I'm running the following ruby script (output follows): >> /Users/name/bin/acweather.rb -z 54321 -o /Users/name/bin -c Clouds AND Sun 57/33 - Mostly sunny and cool I want to just grab the "57/33" portion, but that's it. I don't want any other portion of the line. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: compulsiveguile
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep output of a text file

Hi. I have a unix script 'if' condition that greps through a file and searches for the strings ERROR and WARNING. if egrep -q 'ERROR|WARNING' myfile.txt; then When this 'if' condition is true then I want to be able to capture 10 lines before the string and 10 lines after the string. So... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading UNIX commands from file and redirecting output to a file

Hi All I have written the following script: #!/bin/ksh while read cmdline do echo `$cmdline` pid="$cmdline" done<commands.txt =========== commands.txt contains: ps -ef | grep abc | grep xyz |awk '{print $2}; My objective is to store the o/p of the command in a variable and do... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulparo
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a value from another text file

I am having a text file best = 100 genre = 75 group = 53 . . and so on I need to read those values (100,75,53,...) from my shell script. I have to do the same function for all the variables. So in my script i used for loop to do the same. for { a=best b=100 } Video tutorial on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorekumar87
3 Replies

10. Programming

How to write in other language in text/xml file by reading english text/xml file using C++?

Hello Team, I have 2 files.one contains english text and another contains Japanese. so i have to read english text and replace the text with Japanesh text in third file. Basically, I need a help to write japanese language in text/xml file.I heard wstring does this.Not sure how do i write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
ZIPGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							ZIPGREP(1)

NAME
zipgrep - search files in a ZIP archive for lines matching a pattern SYNOPSIS
zipgrep [egrep_options] pattern file[.zip] [file(s) ...] [-x xfile(s) ...] DESCRIPTION
zipgrep will search files within a ZIP archive for lines matching the given string or pattern. zipgrep is a shell script and requires egrep(1) and unzip(1) to function. Its output is identical to that of egrep(1). ARGUMENTS
pattern The pattern to be located within a ZIP archive. Any string or regular expression accepted by egrep(1) may be used. file[.zip] Path of the ZIP archive. (Wildcard expressions for the ZIP archive name are not supported.) If the literal filename is not found, the suffix .zip is appended. Note that self-extracting ZIP files are supported, as with any other ZIP archive; just specify the .exe suffix (if any) explicitly. [file(s)] An optional list of archive members to be processed, separated by spaces. If no member files are specified, all members of the ZIP archive are searched. Regular expressions (wildcards) may be used to match multiple members: * matches a sequence of 0 or more characters ? matches exactly 1 character [...] matches any single character found inside the brackets; ranges are specified by a beginning character, a hyphen, and an end- ing character. If an exclamation point or a caret (`!' or `^') follows the left bracket, then the range of characters within the brackets is complemented (that is, anything except the characters inside the brackets is considered a match). (Be sure to quote any character that might otherwise be interpreted or modified by the operating system.) [-x xfile(s)] An optional list of archive members to be excluded from processing. Since wildcard characters match directory separators (`/'), this option may be used to exclude any files that are in subdirectories. For example, ``zipgrep grumpy foo *.[ch] -x */*'' would search for the string ``grumpy'' in all C source files in the main directory of the ``foo'' archive, but none in any subdirectories. Without the -x option, all C source files in all directories within the zipfile would be searched. OPTIONS
All options prior to the ZIP archive filename are passed to egrep(1). SEE ALSO
egrep(1), unzip(1), zip(1), funzip(1), zipcloak(1), zipinfo(1), zipnote(1), zipsplit(1) URL
The Info-ZIP home page is currently at http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ or ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ . AUTHORS
zipgrep was written by Jean-loup Gailly. Info-ZIP 20 April 2009 ZIPGREP(1)