Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can't launch firefox
Operating Systems Linux Can't launch firefox Post 302326299 by jxh461 on Wednesday 17th of June 2009 02:29:58 PM
Old 06-17-2009
This is what i get:

[root@jhlinux ~]# /usr/bin/firefox &
[1] 15059
[root@jhlinux ~]#
(Gecko:15082): Pango-WARNING **: No builtin or dynamically
loaded modules were found. Pango will not work correctly.
This probably means there was an error in the creation of:
'/usr/evolution28/etc/pango/pango.modules'
You should create this file by running pango-querymodules.

(Gecko:15082): Pango-WARNING **: pango_shape called with bad font, expect ugly output

(Gecko:15082): Pango-WARNING **: pango_font_get_glyph_extents called with bad font, expect ugly output

(Gecko:15082): Pango-WARNING **: pango_shape called with bad shape_engine, expect ugly output

(Gecko:15082): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_get_qdata: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(Gecko:15082): Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_font_describe: assertion `font != NULL' failed
/usr/lib/firefox-3.0.1/run-mozilla.sh: line 131: 15082 Segmentation fault "$prog" ${1+"$@"}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Eclipse launch question

I just bought my first Ultra 20 (Solaris 10) and I would like to know the step by step directions to launch eclipse please. I have unzipped the eclipse folder in my temp directory I am having really hard time launching eclipse from my desktop. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saif
7 Replies

2. Programming

launch an executable from a C++ program

Hi everybody! Could you please tell me how can I launch an executable from a C++ (on unix) program? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadiamihu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

launch a command only if

Hi! I would launch this command: tar -cvvf logswitch.tar `find *.log* -mtime +5` --remove-files only if find *.log* -mtime +5 find some files. Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Launch veritas netbackup

Hello - I already have Veritas netbackup installed on Mac OS. But I am not able to find the daemon name for running the backup. Does anyone know How to run netbackup? Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
3 Replies

5. Programming

How to launch a new process

Hi, I have a situation where a C main program needs to call another C main program, my background is mostly Windows and I'm new to UNIX programming. I've read about system(), fork(), and exec() and I'm a little confused as to what the sequence of steps should be to launch another process. By the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hr94131
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to launch Eclipse in Solaris 10

Hi people, i just installed Eclipse on my Solaris terminal and i can't seem to run it. Currently i am using the SSH Client software to go to my Unix console.I tried to run the command "eclipse -vm <path of java hre>" as directed however i still can't run the application. My Command prompt is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsontan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launch Script

Hi all! I just got done writing a script. The problem Im running into is I have to lanuch the script with: sh SCRIPT.sh Is there a way to launch it with by just entering SCIPT into the shell? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Launch application in background

Hi, I would launch a script in background. I've tried in this way: But it doesn't work. The sh launch a java application. How can I solve? Thanks, bye bye. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdujaparov
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to launch results of a pipe?

Good afternoon, I have just messed up and deleted some directories on my UNIX machine. I would now want to know which packages are impacted by this. Therefore I have a look in the file "/var/sadm/install/contents" (which contains the filenames/directory names for each installation package). After... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scampsd
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install + launch java

Hi I want to write a very short bash script for doing the following action (on Ubuntu): First, install java Second, launch at a specific time (e.g. 4.30 pm) a java ANT program. How can I do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Helveticus
3 Replies
pango-querymodules(1)						   User Commands					     pango-querymodules(1)

NAME
pango-querymodules - list the language modules available to the pango layout engine SYNOPSIS
pango-querymodules [--help] [--version] [module...] DESCRIPTION
pango-querymodules collects information about loadable modules for Pango and writes it to stdout. If called without arguments, it looks for language modules in the Pango module path. If called with arguments, it looks for the specified modules. The arguments may be absolute or relative paths. The Pango module path is specified by the key Pango/ModulesPath in the Pango config database, which is read from /etc/pango/pangorc, ~/.pangorc, and the file specified in the environment variable PANGO_RC_FILE. If the output is redirected to /etc/pango/pango.modules, this will cause the specified modules to be loaded as default modules. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --help Displays help and usage information. --version Displays version information for pango-querymodules. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: module List the language modules stored in the specified custom location. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Getting the default list of modules example% pango-querymodules ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of pango-querymodules: NLSPATH. PANGO_RC_FILE Used to specify configuration database file. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/pango-querymodules The command-line executable for the application. /etc/pango/pangorc Pango system configuration database ~/.pangorc Pango user configuration database /etc/pango/pango.modules Pango modules file /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/pango Location of developer documentation ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-base-libs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. libpango-1.0(3), attributes(5), environ(5), gnome-interfaces(5) NOTES
Written by Erwann Chenede, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 09 Nov 2007 pango-querymodules(1)