Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl 09-06-11 to 11062009, simple one line Post 302326256 by vidyadhar85 on Wednesday 17th of June 2009 12:17:31 PM
Old 06-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_y
Hi Frank, not sure how to run this command. please advice
i run
"awk -F- '{print $3 $2 "20" $1} 09-06-11"?
"awk -09-06-11- '{print $3 $2 "20" $1}"?

Thanks
try it this way
Code:
echo "09-06-11"|awk -F- '{print $3 $2 "20" $1}'

or this sed will do
Code:
echo "09-06-11"|sed 's/\(.*\)-\(.*\)-\(.*\)/\3\220\1/g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a simple perl

not sure if i should post here or "shell programming" anyway, i am just start learning perl. 1 #!/usr/local/bin/perl 2 3 $test1="Iam"; 4 if ($test1=="anything") 5 { 6 print "show me\n"; 7 } when i run the program, it display "show me" all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
3 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Perl/Python Script

I have the following problem, which I need done in Perl/ or Python using Unix/linux filters... 1. You have a very large file, named 'ColCheckMe', tab-delmited, that you are asked to process. You are told that each line in 'ColCheckMe' has 7 columns, and that the values... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnilsagarwal
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple perl question

I am totally new to perl. I am modifying someone else's script. I have the following output: # ./some-perlscript A B C D E B - E, is generated through the print command that I put in the script. I want to remove A, it seems it is generated automatically by a custom OS it is querying when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Perl Topic

Hi, I am practicing a very simple perl programming, what i want to do is reverse the string what is wrong with the following Thanks $string = "abcdef"; @array = split(//, $string); $length =length @array for ( i=1;i< $length+1;i++) { print "$_\n"; } (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccp
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Perl error

Hello All, I'm trying to run a simple perl script and have the below error. Tried to google it but could not get a precise solution. Could you please help me out. Can't locate object method "are" via package "equal" (perhaps you forgot to load "equal"?) at ./equal.pl line 9, <STDIN> line 2. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple perl help - converting numbers

Hi friends, I'm very new to perl and got some requirement. I've input numbers which has size of 17 characters like below: -22500.0000000000 58750.00000000000 4944.000000000000 -900.000000000000 272.0000000000000 I need to convert these numbers from negative to positive and positive... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can Help me in simple perl code

Hi all i want a program have input file .txt and process it then got output Ex: input: King Saud University say hi Mr.Ahmed Cena have a car perl is good ! Dr.john is good! output: KSU say hi Mr.AC have a car perl is good! Dr.John is good! so the process take the String has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulelah252
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Perl question

Hello, I'm completely new to Perl and I'm just looking for a quick answer to some code I'm trying to come up with. I'm trying to access a website, part of the URL I want the user to be able to define via standard input. As you can see below I'm still trying to get the syntax. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wxornot
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert bash to simple perl

please delete! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
0 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)