Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Plz help me in understanding SUDO !! Post 302326118 by Perderabo on Wednesday 17th of June 2009 06:27:50 AM
Old 06-17-2009
sudo does not set secondary groups, only the primary group. You can change which group it uses with the -g option. Getting all the groups is tough. Maybe this will do it...
sudo -u app su - app -c /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin/sqlplus

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

am a newbie to unix. plz help in understanding this code.

hi everybody. please help me in understanding this code. echo "************* starting job on `date +\"%d/%m/%Y at %T\"` **************" # scriptdir=`dirname $0` . ${scriptdir}/env_params.sh # SHLIB_PATH=${ORACLE_HOME}/lib: export SHLIB_PATH export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokulj
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

sudo /bin/sh or sudo su -

we are looking at changing the way we get root on our network. in our current system if an admin needs root access he just gets the root password and uses an su. some of our staff have decided that a sudo to "/bin/sh" will be easer. some of our staff think a sudo to "su -" will be better. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help understanding 'exec' command plz

plz someone explain me what does -exec ls -Fd do? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: Thanks in advance !! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sears
3 Replies

6. AIX

sudo log and sudo auditing

Sudo In AIX, how to find out what commands have been run after a user sudo to another user? for example, user sam run 'sudo -u robert ksh' then run some commands, how can I (as root) find what commands have been run? sudo.log only contains sudo event, no activity logging. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalite19
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Hi All, I running a unix command using sudo option inside shell script. Its working well. But in crontab the same command is not working and its throwing "sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo". I do not have root permission to add or change settings for my userid. I can not even ask... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apple1221
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Hi, Have a need to run the below command as a "karuser" from a java class which will is running as "root" user. When we are trying to run the below command from java code getting the below error. Command: sudo -u karuser -s /bin/bash /bank/karunix/bin/build_cycles.sh Error: sudo: sorry,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
8 Replies
TNTNET-CONFIG(1)					      General Commands Manual						  TNTNET-CONFIG(1)

NAME
tntnet-config - output compiler flags for tntnet usage SYNOPSIS
tntnet-config [--libs] [--cxxflags] [--config[=app]] [--makefile[=app]] [--project=app] [--autoproject=app] [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the tntnet-config command. OPTIONS
This program's options start with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --libs Output linker flags. --cxxflags Output C++ preprocessor and compiler flags. --config[=app] Print default configuration file. --makefile[=app] Print a simple makefile for an ecpp project. --project=app Create a simple ecpp project directory. --autoproject=app Create a autotools based ecpp project. --help Show summary of options. --version Show version of program. AUTHOR
tntnet was written by Tommi Makitalo <tommi@tntnet.org>. This manual page was written by Kari Pahula <kaol@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
tntnet(8), ecppc(1), ecppl(1), ecppll(1). More documentation can be found in /usr/share/doc/tntnet-doc/. July 3, 2006 TNTNET-CONFIG(1)