Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: `for' unmatched
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting `for' unmatched Post 302325954 by in2nix4life on Tuesday 16th of June 2009 02:56:40 PM
Old 06-16-2009
Looks like you're missing the done to end the for loop:

for
do
code
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

else unmatched

I'm getting an else unmatched error on the script below.. For info : SYDB is the database name entered as a param on the command line. #Check the DB name HBDB=`sql $SYDB <<_END_ | grep '^|' | grep -v dbase | sed 's/|//g' | sed 's/ //g' set autocommit on; \p\g set lockmode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.hamilton
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

list of unmatched columns

Hi , I have two files want to compare and list of column values and postion which are not matched between two files,I can use diff but it will return rows from two files which are matched and unmatched columns.I wrote the below script but not working. f1=$1 f2=$2 for i in 1 do file1=`cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

input file unmatched

Hello guys, I am trying to run an installer through my script. Whatever yes/no or values required during the installation is provided by an answer file (answ.txt) ./install < /var/answ.txt Now, during the installation, it asks for: 1) press return to continue 2) press 3 and hit enter 3)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaix14
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

done' unexpected and do' unmatched

Good morning, I have been teaching myself shell scripting and seem to be stuck here. I am sure I am just blind and not seeing it so I thought maybe some fresh eyes would help. With the script below I keep getting.... "syntax error at line 248 : `done' unexpected" I am not seeing why this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove unmatched values

Below is my requirement : unmatched values should get deleted from file1 file1 A-1 B-1 C-1 D-2 E-3 F-4 file2 D C F output C-1 D-2 F-4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavnayas
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unknown error - ``' unmatched

Hi Guys, I get the error while running below commands. Earlier the command used to execute, but after enclosing them in a function, the error is occuring backupPath=`echo $folderName | sed -e 's,/vobs/dte/itgClient/client/RegressionTestLibPostOHS/,,'` check_event=`cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Unmatched name from given lists..

i have two lists, list1 => abc jones oracle smith ssm tty list2 => abc jones lmn smith ssm xyz now i want to print only those names which are present in list2 and want to remove names from list2 which presents in list1. so i want OUTPUT => lmn xyz because "abc jones smith ssm" from list2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Killer420
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmatched <<

Hi, I am running sinple ksh script . From some reason it failed on the following error: ./ogg_status.sh: syntax error at line 16 : `<<' unmatched Please advise. #!/usr/bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/software/oracle/DB10gR2 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/software/oracle/DB10gR2/lib:/usr/lib... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement with unmatched condition

Hi Gurus, I'm facing some issues with multiple conditions in my if statement. if (!($InputLine=~/^Date/)) && (!($fields eq "VEN")) { Above is the line troughing some syntax errors. I am trying to avoid the below creteria lines to process in my logic. Records starting with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi.villinda
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

<< unmatched error

Hi all, I want to call a plsql package that does not return any value. I am using the following script to do so: sqlplus $UserNamePwd <<EOF set head off begin test_pkg.procedure('$DebugFlag'); end; exit EOF if then log_message "procedure failed." exit 1 fi exit $? I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reshma15193
2 Replies
RE_COMP(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						RE_COMP(3)

NAME
re_comp, re_exec -- regular expression handler LIBRARY
Compatibility Library (libcompat, -lcompat) SYNOPSIS
#include <re_comp.h> char * re_comp(const char *s); int re_exec(const char *s); DESCRIPTION
This interface is made obsolete by regex(3). It is available from the compatibility library, libcompat. The re_comp() function compiles a string into an internal form suitable for pattern matching. The re_exec() function checks the argument string against the last string passed to re_comp(). The re_comp() function returns 0 if the string s was compiled successfully; otherwise a string containing an error message is returned. If re_comp() is passed 0 or a null string, it returns without changing the currently compiled regular expression. The re_exec() function returns 1 if the string s matches the last compiled regular expression, 0 if the string s failed to match the last compiled regular expression, and -1 if the compiled regular expression was invalid (indicating an internal error). The strings passed to both re_comp() and re_exec() may have trailing or embedded newline characters; they are terminated by NULs. The regu- lar expressions recognized are described in the manual entry for ed(1), given the above difference. DIAGNOSTICS
The re_exec() function returns -1 for an internal error. The re_comp() function returns one of the following strings if an error occurs: No previous regular expression, Regular expression too long, unmatched (, missing ], too many () pairs, unmatched ). SEE ALSO
ed(1), egrep(1), ex(1), fgrep(1), grep(1), regex(3) HISTORY
The re_comp() and re_exec() functions appeared in 4.0BSD. BSD
June 4, 1993 BSD