Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sending info to a webservice
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending info to a webservice Post 302325880 by EddiRae on Tuesday 16th of June 2009 11:01:24 AM
Old 06-16-2009
Sending info to a webservice

Hello,
I am new to UNIX and this is my first project with it.
I am trying to determine the best way to send information from a UNIX PHP website into a webservice.

I will have 4 variables to pass to it in an XML format.

I am not sure what exactly this would entail. If you could point me to an article or a document that explains this, that would be great.

I have a Windows PC that I am testing on. I have installed Apache and I think PHP is installed. I am not sure how to make sure that this is up and running.

Thanks!!
Eddi Rae

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Webservice

Hi all! Whats the best way to implement webservices for HPUX 11? Are there any way to use the WSDL Standart? Thank you in advance! Greetigs Mario (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coredump2003
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SU info

from the man page of su: EXAMPLES Example 1: Becoming User bin While Retaining Your Previously Exported Environment To become user bin while retaining your previously exported environment, execute: example% su bin Example 2: Becoming User bin and ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afflack
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet and get info

Hello all, probably this is a very stupid question but I'm a beginner in the arts of scripting... :confused: I'm trying to do a script that logs in to several equipments, switchs etc, and make them show their version and save all the output to a file. I managed to do the login,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmpx
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Info

Hi, I'm a oracle DBA with little knowledge of Unix. I wanted to write some shell scripts which will be helpful for DBA's regular activity. As i'm a new to oracle with unix can any plese tell me what are all the activities can be done throgh Unix Shell Scripts also suggest me how to learn... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msgobinathan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Some Info.

Hiya all ... i am a newbie to UNIX, Just want to knwo what this command does: /sbin/ifconfig eth0 | grep 'inet addr:' | cut -d: -f2 | awk '{ print $1}' I think, 'grep shows the line with 'inet addr' (which is the 2nd line, displaying the IP Address, Broadcast Address and Subnet Mask) ... Is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad4m88
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting LV Info

I have this working ksh, and it returns like below: LOGICAL VOLUME: prod_2048_005 VOLUME GROUP: prod1vg TYPE: raw WRITE VERIFY: off PHYSICAL VOLUME: hdisk108 VOLUME GROUP: prod1vg TOTAL PPs: 1023 (130944 megabytes) VG DESCRIPTORS: 1 USED PPs: 904 (115712 megabytes) MAX REQUEST: 1 megabyte... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke webservice from unix shell

How do i invoke a SOAP based web service from a shell script. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rponugoti
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a webservice and pass a client certificate

Hi, I am trying to call a http soap webservice using curl command , I have tried the below option but I am getting a failure . curl -H "Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8" -H SOAPAction:" -d @Request.xml -X POST... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A webservice running on multiple servers. A patch has been deployed to them and it got successful o

A webservice running on multiple servers. A patch has been deployed to them and it got successful only in some set of servers. The change is in format of "logontime" from "dd.mm.yyyy hh24:mi:ss" to "dd/mm/yyyy hh24:mi:ss". A script has already generated the output from all servers with request and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chandan_Bose
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling webservice from shell script

Hi , i am invoking webservice from shell script and it is getting hitting server but unable to get the param values. here my script like this: s is variable s=test curl --data "param=$s" url now hittng server , but param is empty. just i want param value as string even I want for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kk123
0 Replies
alias(1)						      General Commands Manual							  alias(1)

NAME
alias - Defines or displays aliases SYNOPSIS
alias [-tx] [alias-name[=string...]] Note The C shell has a built-in version of the alias command. If you are using the C shell, and want to guarantee that you are using the com- mand described here, you must specify the full path /usr/bin/alias. See the csh(1) reference page for a description of the built-in com- mand. STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: alias: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
[Tru64 UNIX] Sets or lists tracked aliases. [Tru64 UNIX] Sets or lists exported aliases. Note See the ksh(1) reference page for a description of tracked and exported aliases. OPERANDS
Prints the alias definition on standard output. Assigns the value of string to the alias alias-name. If no options and no operands are specified, all alias definitions are printed on standard output. DESCRIPTION
The alias utility creates or redefines alias definitions or writes the values of existing alias definitions to standard output. An alias definition provides a string value that replaces a command name when it is encountered. An alias definition affects the current shell execution environment and the execution environments of the subshells of the current shell. When used as described, the alias definition will not affect the parent process of the current shell nor any utility environment invoked by the shell. NOTES
[Tru64 UNIX] This reference page describes the creation and maintenance of aliases. See the Command Aliasing section of the ksh(1) or sh(1p) reference pages for the description of alias substitution. RESTRICTIONS
[Tru64 UNIX] If you use either the -t option or the -x option, you must use at least one alias-name or alias-name=string operand. [Tru64 UNIX] Aliasing is performed when scripts are read, not while they are executed. Therefore, for an alias to take effect, the alias definition command has to be executed before the command that references the alias is read. [Tru64 UNIX] Aliases can be used to redefine special built-in commands but cannot be used to redefine the reserved words listed in the ksh(1) reference page. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Successful completion. One of the name operands specified did not have an alias definition, or an error occurred. EXAMPLES
Change ls to give annotated output in columns: alias ls="ls -CF" Create a simple redo command to repeat previous entries in the command history file: alias r='fc -s' Cause du to use 1K units instead of the default 512-bytes: alias du=du -k Set up nohup so that it can deal with an argument that is itself an alias name: alias nohup="nohup " ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of alias: Provides a default value for the internationalization variables that are unset or null. If LANG is unset or null, the corresponding value from the default locale is used. If any of the internationalization vari- ables contain an invalid setting, the utility behaves as if none of the variables had been defined. If set to a non-empty string value, override the values of all the other internationalization variables. Determines the locale for the interpretation of sequences of bytes of text data as characters (for example, single-byte as opposed to multibyte characters in arguments). Determines the locale for the format and contents of diagnostic messages written to standard error. Determines the location of message catalogues for the processing of LC_MES- SAGES. SEE ALSO
Commands: csh(1), ksh(1), Bourne shell sh(1b), POSIX shell sh(1p), unalias(1) Standards: standards(5) alias(1)