Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Porting OSE to Linux
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Porting OSE to Linux Post 302325878 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 16th of June 2009 10:54:21 AM
Old 06-16-2009
Are you talking about Irix EFS (Extent File System)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX to linux porting

Hi all, i wanted to port some HP-UX code to linux. can anybody point to some documents or resources that would help me in doing the porting.. thanks in advance Arun Prakash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunprakash
0 Replies

2. Programming

Porting From Linux To Hpux

Gents, i'm a senior applications developer and need to port a Linux server application ( no additional / special libraries or unique header files ) to a HPUX enviroment. Any chance to compile it on the Linux using flags to create an HPUX binary with gcc? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anak0nda
8 Replies

3. Linux

when porting from HP-UX to Linux

helo, i m porting HP-UX socket application to Linux SSL-socket application. I have use htonl() in HP-UX. so when i use it in Linux, data transf is not done and application become soem time crashed. now when i remove htonl() in linux, then i got data but it will not proper order or some data may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

4. Linux

Porting DHCP from Linux to VxWorks

Hello All, I have a code of DHCP which is implemented on Linux. During porting this code from Linux to VxWorks, I come up with following errors:- jects\freedom\ap\udhcp\socket.c C:\projects\freedom\ap\udhcp\socket.c: In function `read_interface': C:\projects\freedom\ap\udhcp\socket.c:79:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunny Shivam
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Porting DHCP from Linux to VxWorks

DHCP Porting (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunny Shivam
2 Replies

6. Programming

Nucleus to Linux porting

I am new to Linux programming and my work involves changing an abstraction layer which made Nucleus calls, to Linux calls. In Case of Events Nucleus has calls like NU_Set_Events() NU_Retrieve_Events() Can I use the POSIX thread conditional variables for Linux? Can I use the System V calls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: taklubaba
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Porting a Linux Driver to Solaris

Hi all, Has anyone experience with proting a Linux driver (C-code) to Solaris 10? I have a Sunix SATA card with a inicio1622 chipset, but no driver available. From the website of inicio I downloaded the drivercode for Linux 2.4. Having done some investigation I found a Solaris driver... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: longwave
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Porting from Solaris to Linux

Can any one please help the use of "cu command in Solaris" and as well as in Linux :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabee.prakash
1 Replies

9. Programming

Porting Rogue Wave to Linux

I am challenged with porting an old application from Solaris to Red Hat. The application uses Rogue Wave and I am searching for a Red Hat implementation. Your help is appreciated! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FunkyWinkerbean
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Porting script from Solaris to Linux

I have a script which has commands that are located in different paths on my Linux o/s than on Solaris. For example, to make uname work, I need to do it this way in Solaris: my $host= `/usr/bin/uname -n` But in Linux it is: my $host = `/bin/uname -n`I have this issue with at least 5... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
8 Replies
gfsi(5) 							File Formats Manual							   gfsi(5)

Name
       gfsi - The Generic File System Interface

Description
       The  Generic  File  System  Interface (GFSI) is the interface between the kernel and specific file system implementations such as the local
       ULTRIX file system and the Network File System.	The Generic File System Interface has many performance improvements, along with a complete
       reorganization  of  the	file  system code.  The GFS interface has been accomplished with modifications to both the mount table, and to the
       inode, which under the GFS interface implementation is referred to as the gnode.  The gnode is defined in the and

The GFS interface allows superusers to and file systems on local and remote machines.  Changes to the file allow any type of mount to occur
       automatically  at  boot	time  in the files and Other than mounting and unmounting file systems, users should not see any difference in the
       local file system.

The GFS interface requires two system calls: and The system call handles generic mounted file system data.  The system call handles generic
       directory entries from any file system.

See Also
       getdirentries(2), getmnt(2), mount(2), fstab(5), nfs(5nfs), ufs(5), fsck(8), mount(8)

gfsi(5)