Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with ksh shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with ksh shell script Post 302325728 by tenderfoot on Tuesday 16th of June 2009 03:38:46 AM
Old 06-16-2009
Help with ksh shell script

I am using /usr/bin/ksh in AIX

I am reading the values of $dbname, $dbatmpdir/dbdir.$$, and $scope from a different file
All I have to do is check if $dbname exists in file $dbatmpdir/dbdir.$$ and
$scope should have a value either 'TABLE' or 'SCHEMA'.
When I execute the following code. I am getting the below error.

Also please explain about the trick involved in using a single '[' or '[[' with if loop.

Code:
if [ `grep $dbname $dbatmpdir/dbdir.$$` && $scope == 'TABLE' || $scope == 'SCHEMA' ]; then
         echo "valid"
         else
         echo "invalid"
         fi

ksh: test: 0403-021 A ] character is missing.
ksh: TABLE: not found.
invalid

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx in shell script (KSH)

Greetings all, I'm pretty new to the use of mailx, having been using mutt most of the time. I'm interested to know how I can use mailx within a shell script to send out a formatted email with the following criterion: 1. My recipient's address is abcdef1000@gmail.com 2. The message body is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh into a shell script (KSH)

Hi all, Just like to ask if it is possible to do the following: 1. Have a shell script that calls ssh username@destinationhost 2. Upon successful verification, we ssh into the destination host and automatically use ksh to run a shell script that resides in the destination host. (Hopefully no... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk in ksh shell script - help

Hello, Im a beginner. Im writing a ksh script with awk. Is it possible to assign the output of the awk to a shell variable? Like, shell_variable= awk '$1 == "shell" {abc= $2 }' /tmp/cust_det echo $shell_variable Please excuse my ignorance. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nic_writes
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

what does this ksh shell script do?

Can someone tell me when the script is called, what does it do? I can't see it is going to run anything. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dp100022
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute another shell from my ksh script?

I am newbie in UNIX, so please excuse me for the stupid question.:) Here is a problem: I created ksh script where the part of the functionality include an opening of a second session with another shell process "runrep"(runrep is a custom reporting shell designed by Advent Geneva). When I run my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexstar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in Ksh Shell script

hi team, i have a file, which contains only variable and its value param.ksh --------- export A=123 export B=345 export C=567 export D=OPLI export E=OL89PO From shell script, i am invoking this file and use the value of this variable. Now there are 5 variable in above file. Before i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ksh shell script

Anyone know how to check a filename that contains a date and compare whiich file is older using a ksh shell script? The filename looks like aaaaa_20110615 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bperl1967
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i lock a ksh shell script?

Hi, I have a ksh shell script that accesses databases to drop and create tables and the script also creates text files. This shell script is accessed thru a java application that i would like to turn multi-user, but the only way that i can do that is if I can figure out a way to lock the shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndedhia1
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with KSH Shell Script

From a shell script I'm trying to remove the first two files of whats returned from the head -2 command so I tried piping it to xargs rm -f but I can't get it to work. How do I remove the files from the head command? ls -al *clit* *servr* |sort -t_ -nk2 | head -2 |xargs rm -f (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ksh Shell Script

My goal is to create a script that will check if in a test or production environment. I wrote this script to check $host variable to check which server I'm on but this script does not work. if then BASE=/home/fmtest; export BASE else BASE=/home/fmprod; export BASE fi ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies
CREATE 
SCHEMA(7) SQL Commands CREATE SCHEMA(7) NAME
CREATE SCHEMA - define a new schema SYNOPSIS
CREATE SCHEMA schemaname [ AUTHORIZATION username ] [ schema_element [ ... ] ] CREATE SCHEMA AUTHORIZATION username [ schema_element [ ... ] ] INPUTS schemaname The name of a schema to be created. If this is omitted, the user name is used as the schema name. username The name of the user who will own the schema. If omitted, defaults to the user executing the command. Only superusers may create schemas owned by users other than themselves. schema_element An SQL statement defining an object to be created within the schema. Currently, only CREATE TABLE, CREATE VIEW, and GRANT are accepted as clauses within CREATE SCHEMA. Other kinds of objects may be created in separate commands after the schema is created. OUTPUTS CREATE SCHEMA Message returned if the command is successful. ERROR: namespace "schemaname" already exists If the schema specified already exists. DESCRIPTION
CREATE SCHEMA will enter a new schema into the current database. The schema name must be distinct from the name of any existing schema in the current database. A schema is essentially a namespace: it contains named objects (tables, data types, functions, and operators) whose names may duplicate those of other objects existing in other schemas. Named objects are accessed either by ``qualifying'' their names with the schema name as a prefix, or by setting a search path that includes the desired schema(s). Optionally, CREATE SCHEMA can include subcommands to create objects within the new schema. The subcommands are treated essentially the same as separate commands issued after creating the schema, except that if the AUTHORIZATION clause is used, all the created objects will be owned by that user. NOTES To create a schema, the invoking user must have CREATE privilege for the current database. (Of course, superusers bypass this check.) Use DROP SCHEMA to remove a schema. EXAMPLES
Create a schema: CREATE SCHEMA myschema; Create a schema for user joe --- the schema will also be named joe: CREATE SCHEMA AUTHORIZATION joe; Create a schema and create a table and view within it: CREATE SCHEMA hollywood CREATE TABLE films (title text, release date, awards text[]) CREATE VIEW winners AS SELECT title, release FROM films WHERE awards IS NOT NULL; Notice that the individual subcommands do not end with semicolons. The following is an equivalent way of accomplishing the same result: CREATE SCHEMA hollywood; CREATE TABLE hollywood.films (title text, release date, awards text[]); CREATE VIEW hollywood.winners AS SELECT title, release FROM hollywood.films WHERE awards IS NOT NULL; COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 SQL92 allows a DEFAULT CHARACTER SET clause in CREATE SCHEMA, as well as more subcommand types than are presently accepted by PostgreSQL. SQL92 specifies that the subcommands in CREATE SCHEMA may appear in any order. The present PostgreSQL implementation does not handle all cases of forward references in subcommands; it may sometimes be necessary to reorder the subcommands to avoid forward references. In SQL92, the owner of a schema always owns all objects within it. PostgreSQL allows schemas to contain objects owned by users other than the schema owner. This can happen only if the schema owner grants CREATE rights on his schema to someone else. SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 CREATE SCHEMA(7)