Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting get output of program within a script to a file Post 302325622 by ruchimca on Monday 15th of June 2009 07:16:26 PM
Old 06-15-2009
I tried but these commands donot help, is there a way (command etc) to get output of program runnign within to current window only, such as redirecting the output etc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture output of program to file with limited filesize

I'm working on a script that will perform a backup, save a log of said backup and send the output to me in an email. Everything is working fine so far except that I can't figure out how to specify a maximum file size for the log file. I don't want a runaway log file jamming up the server.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spectre_240sx
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directing program output to a file

When I do time tar cvf /dev/st0 /mnt/junk >> /root/benchlog, I want it to put the output of the time command into the benchlog file, but it put /mnt/junk. How do I get it to put the output of the tar command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeriryan87
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Way to save output result of a program into another new file...

Does anybody know any alternative way to save output result of a program into another new file? I got try the command below: program_used input_file > new_output_file program_used input_file >> new_output_file Unfortunately, both the ">" and ">>" is not work at this case to save the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me! Format output file using shell program

Hi, I have following input file. I want to generate output file in specific format using shell program. The input file has atleast few thousands of lines, the below are some sample lines. Input file: "ORDER NO"|"ORDER AMT"|"LINE ITEM"|"LINE AMT"|"SALES COMMISION %" ORD3456|5000|LIN345|30|25%... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsubha
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is there a way to assing variable a value that is output of a program in awk script?

Hi there is there a way to assing variable a value that is output of a program in awk script. For e.g., I did temp=(`grep "" $5 | cut -f8 -d' '`) but it does not work. Any advice??? Thanks in advance!!! :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a program-print parameters to output file-replace op file contents with max 4th col

Hi Friends, This is the only solution to my task. So, any help is highly appreciated. I have a file cat input1.bed chr1 100 200 abc chr1 120 300 def chr1 145 226 ghi chr2 567 600 unix Now, I have another file by name input2.bed (This file is a binary file not readable by the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)