Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting lsnrctl start script for Oracle on Solaris Post 302325261 by radoulov on Sunday 14th of June 2009 05:33:38 AM
Old 06-14-2009
Sorry for not being clear, listener.sh should contain only the code below:

Code:
exec >/dev/null 2>&1
lsnrctl status || lsnrctl start

It will produce no output.

P.S. It should be definitely better to leave STDOUT/ERR.
So your script should contain only the line below
and you should redirect its STDOUT/ERR to a logfile:

Code:
lsnrctl status || lsnrctl start

Last edited by radoulov; 06-14-2009 at 07:03 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Start application after Oracle has started

Who can tell me how I can see to it that a application doesn't try to start it's processes untill Oracle has completely started. Thanx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Piet
3 Replies

2. Solaris

How to start Oracle database automatically

How to start Oracle database automatically when after SunSolaris is being re-booted? TIA, Greg (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greg0320
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how do I start a script in run level 3 in solaris?

Hi, how do I start a script in run level 3 in solaris? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to drop oracle DB users on HP, LINUX, SOLARIS

Hi everybody, i need help from all of you. I have many users who are no more work in our Company. Some who get objects are Locked. There Many users and many Database Servers. And it'll take long for me to finished this job. That's why i need your help to provide me anyone Scripts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sonson
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris+Perl script to get process start date

Hi all, after reading the post: * https://www.unix.com/solaris/101653-how-get-process-start-date-time-solaris.html I wrote my perl script and it worked like a charm. This script is called every 5 minutes by the monitoring server crontab and is executed on the remote network elements via ssh (the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle DB Start shutdown scripts

Hi, We have a requirement wherein we do not want to share the Oracle DB sys and system passwords to be shared with the support desk. But they will be responsible for starting/shuting down the Database. Is it possible to write a shell script which will read the sys and system passwords from a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Stop/start script problem on Solaris-10

I have Big brother script, which start/stop Big Brother processes. Something got change on server and now I am not able to start/stop it. There is no change in script, as I compared it from other server. This service is being managed by bb user (group is also bb). root@tsazdq04:/#... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Script(3pm)