Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris BigAdmin RSS Configuring Systems for High Bandwidth I/O Post 302325112 by Linux Bot on Friday 12th of June 2009 06:00:04 PM
Old 06-12-2009
Configuring Systems for High Bandwidth I/O

This Sun BluePrints article (registration required) describes a recipe for configuring systems to support the very high bandwidth I/O capabilities needed by data-intensive applications which have extreme performance requirements.

More...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Bandwidth Regulation

Hello, I was wondering how one would go about regulating bandwidth of a server running RH Linux 8.0 and Apache. I am running a webserver, and want only one person to be able to download one file at a time. So, they can't click about 10 files and soak up lots of bandwidth. Plus, I would like to cap... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun: High kernel usage & very high load averages

Hi, I am seeing very high kernel usage and very high load averages on my system (Although we are not loading much data to our database). Here is the output of top...does anyone know what i should be looking at? Thanks, Lorraine last pid: 13144; load averages: 22.32, 19.81, 16.78 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorrainenineill
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

bandwidth

Hi, 1-What is bandewidth ? 2-How to calculate ? 3-How to measure ? Any free software to measure it ? Many thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

bandwidth utilisation high after implementing firewall

hi, we have one unix server which sends multicast packets in the network, recently we have implemented firewall in between unix server and clients.After implementing firewall we found our lease line utilisation has been increased dramatically. Is this because of firewall or else...please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

From Systems Admin to Systems Eng.

I have been wondering how do Systems Administrators do the jump into Systems Engineering? Is it only a matter of time and experience or could I actually help myself get there? Opinions? Books I could read? Thanks a lot for your help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svalenciatech
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

apache high cpu load on high traffic

i have a Intel Quad Core Xeon X3440 (4 x 2.53GHz, 8MB Cache, Hyper Threaded) with 16gig and 1tb harddrive with a 1gb port and my apache is causing my cpu to go up to 100% on all four cores heres my http.config <IfModule prefork.c> StartServers 10 MinSpareServers 10 MaxSpareServers 15... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

8. IP Networking

Configuring static ip address on several systems

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }a:link { } Hello, I'm have an interesting issue with some Raspberry Pi's which I have on my home network. The pi's are on 192.168.1.102, 192.168.1.103, 192.168.1.104 Something very strange is happening on my network. The pi on 192.168.1.104 is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeOnaMac
2 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)