Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting loop logic inside of an inline redirect? Post 302325085 by jim mcnamara on Friday 12th of June 2009 04:38:35 PM
Old 06-12-2009
Those redirects are called 'here documents' in unix. Put the filename array into a flat file
Code:
echo "
user ${MF_USER} ${MF_PASS}
$(awk '{print "rm", $0" }' filenames_file)
bye
" | /usr/bin/ftp -ivt ${MF_IP} > "${FTPLOG}.$1"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] redirect standard error and use it inside

Hi all, Maybe my question is too simple but till now i couldn't figure about a solution :( I have a bash script scheduled in cron: <cron time parameters> my_script.sh > result.log 2>&1 By this way i can have standard output and standard error in my result.log file Now i want my script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pescator
2 Replies

2. Programming

Inline function inside Classes

#include <iostream> using namespace std; class A { public: int Getvalue() { return i;} private: int i; }; int main() {} The above code compiles properly in g++ or in any other C++ compiler. BUT, the variable 'i' is used (in 'return i' statement) before it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

While Loop Logic

I would need to with making while loop logic working in shell program when I am new into the shell programing 1) I would need to try to get the file from the remote side ----need to try 15 mins apart for 4 times and terminate the program if file is not available.... I would need to know how I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sambakamba
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

inline redirect stdin

Hi: I have the next script on ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh cd $FUENTES qdesign <<-! \$/opt/cognos/ph843e/bin/qtp <<-! \$/opt/cognos/ph843e/bin/quiz <<-! ! ! ! This script is very simple, i want to nest three process quiz into qtp, and this into qdesign. When I run it , i receive the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ct2marer
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

inline redirect stdin

Hi: I have the next script on ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh cd $FUENTES qdesign <<-! \$/opt/cognos/ph843e/bin/qtp <<-! \$/opt/cognos/ph843e/bin/quiz <<-! ! ! ! This script is very simple, i want to nest three process quiz into qtp, and this into qdesign. When I run it , i receive the next... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ct2marer
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables created sequentially in a loop while still inside of the loop [bash]

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to create a set of variables that are numbered based on another variable (using eval) in a loop, and then call on it before the loop ends. As an example I've written a script called question (The fist command is to show what is the contents of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inline searc and replace inside file

Hello, I have a text file that i want to redirect into a new file , searching and replacing certain string during the opertaion. This should be done using shell script , so it should not be interactive. The script should get four parameters : source file target file source string target... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop logic

Hi, Here I am trying to query database and check a value, if the value not matches then I wants to re-query the database.Once the value matches, I want to email the reqidstatus_log.txt file. Database query produces a file reqidstatus_log.txt which contains result. But the query not working as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajsp217
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output of a command inside ftp block?

hi, i am using ftp to get files from remote server. inside the ftp i want to us ls -ltr command and send the output of it to a file. ftp -n remote_server <<_FTP quote USER username quote PASS password prompt noprompt pwd ls -ltr get s1.txt bye _FTP i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 2004 getusershell(3C)