Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how linux get install on intel as well as other processors. Post 302324966 by fpmurphy on Friday 12th of June 2009 10:14:54 AM
Old 06-12-2009
Quote:
Is OS dependent on hardware()? i guess yes. then how linux get install on intel as well as other processors?
Yes, you are correct. Linux has to be ported to each type of processor.
Quote:
Is there any unix os for intel processors?
SCO UNIX is one. Another is Solaris.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

oracle db on linux on intel 200

hi all, i wanted to have a linux box. And then an oracle db running on it all on a intel 200mhz. the purpose is so that i can have real experience in administering the database and linux as well.. the main thought is that its fine if i crashed it as it will not hamper any business... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
5 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Intel Benchmark Test: Linux Goes to 600,000

For story: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=75&ncid=738&e=9&u=/nf/20030606/tc_nf/21680 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Linux Benchmarks

Dual Intel Xeon 2.4Ghz - Linux 2.4.26 SMP

System: CPU/Speed: Dual Intel Xeon 2.4Ghz Ram: 2 GB DDR 266 SDRAM Motherboard: SuperMicro X5DE8-GG Bus: 533MHz/400MHz system bus - Cache: 512KB HD Controller: EIDE Serverworks™ GC-SL Chipset Extra GCC compiler flags: -s... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris 10 cd install(intel)

just need help with loading solaris 10 from cds that i bought from sun. i have a dell box that had solaris 8 on it, wiped it and stuck in the cd1 for solaris 10. selected "solaris" for install. went through a few minutes then comes up with"sunOS Release 5.10 version generic_137138-09 32-bit,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flir11
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Red Hat and Intel: Smart processors, virtualization boost efficiency and performance

On Monday March 30, Intel announced the availability of their much anticipated new line of processors, the Intel® Xeon® Processor 5500 series–nicknamed Nehalem. Red Hat, a long-time partner of the market-leading chip maker , collaborated on the chip’s debut, testing and optimizing the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

6. SCO

install NIC driver for Intel Pro 1000

hi I have a fresh installation of SCO 5.0.6 and I have download a NIC driver for Intel Pro 1000: ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/openserver5/507/drivers/eeG_5.0.7g/VOL.000.000 Howto install it using floppy? ---------- Post updated at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:18 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix/linux on HP(INTEL INSIDE) LAPTOP.

Please inform me on how to install unix/Linus on hp(Intel inside) lap top computer, with windows xp inside. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: princektwo
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Has anyone ever compiled Linux soley using the intel compilers

A while ago I heard that a group of people did this, but the internet changes, and I can no longer find the relevant sources or hearsay. Is this even possible? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surrealdeal
2 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)