Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux install vlc on acer aspire one linpus linux Post 302324821 by garethsays on Friday 12th of June 2009 01:27:43 AM
Old 06-12-2009
install vlc on acer aspire one linpus linux

hello friends

i have tried follwoing the instructions

efore you proceed to install VLC you may want remove the pre-installed media players.

sudo yum remove pdvdlinux mplayer\*
sed /pcmmvp/d -i $HOME/.config/xfce4/desktop/group-app.xml

To install VLC just add both repositories and use yum.

sudo rpm -Uvh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/...ble.noarch.rpm
sudo rpm -Uvh http://rpms.kwizart.net/kwizart-release-8.rpm

sudo yum install --enablerepo=kwizart-testing vlc mozilla-vlc

If you used the instructions posted here to install Firefox 3 an additional step is required.

sudo ln -fs /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libvlcplugin.so /opt/firefox/plugins

The commands below put an icon on the desktop.

sudo sed s/%U// -i /usr/share/applications/livna-vlc.desktop
dca add 12 "file='/usr/share/applications/livna-vlc.desktop'"

A reboot may be required for the changes to become effective.

However when I do the first rpm command i get depedency errors as below

Retrieving http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/...ble.noarch.rpm
warning: /var/tmp/rpm-xfer.VVDQdt: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 49c8885a
error: Failed dependencies:
system-release >= 10 is needed by rpmfusion-free-release-10-5.noar

I have no idea where to go from here and have failed to find any similar posts so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

fedora core 6 not supported for acer lcd monitor

hi all i brought a new acer 17" widescreen lcd monitor . fedora core linux 6 in not displaying on the monitor . giving a error input not supported please let me know wht i can do (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nageshrk
1 Replies

2. Linux

anyone use linpus linux?

My Acer Aspire One runs Linpus Linux, which is not a common distribution. Everything is fine and the system is fast and stable. However, I have difficulties upgrading the firefox from ver 2 to 3. The ver 3 package refused to install anything and it said the latest version has been... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laichiwang
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

What would you do with a Acer TravelMate 512DX

Hey guys, Not really sure where is best to post this so hope its under the right topic. :P I'm a first year Electronic Engineering student, so I don't know much yet, but I enjoy experimenting. I found one of my dad's old laptops, Acer TravelMate 512DX, took it apart, put the hardware back,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xethron
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux column(1) from util-linux-ng for Solaris? Which *.pkg to install?

Hi On Linux systems there is a command called "column". column - columnate lists Synopsis column -tx] -c columns] -s sep] file ...] Description The column utility formats its input into multiple columns. Rows are filled before columns. Input is taken from file operands, or,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

vlc log linux

I was reading these 2 links about vlc log files. Where is the VLC Log file? - Ubuntu Forums logging - how to get vlc logs? - Stack Overflow Is there a reason why this doesn't work? VLC -> Tools -> Preferences -> Select "ALL" -> Advanced -> Logging I created the log file location and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

6. Linux

Unable to install VLC media player or any other player in SL 6.3 distro

Hi, I am unable to install VLC or any other media players in my SL 6.3 distro. I am using yum utility to install the packages, but i am getting the below error messages, --> Processing Dependency: libpng15.so.15()(64bit) for package: vlc-core-2.0.3-1.fc18.x86_64 --> Processing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
1 Replies

7. Hardware

Problem with Broadcom BCM43225 wifi interface on an Acer Aspire laptop

Hi This is a question about Broadcom BCM43225 wifi interface on an Acer Aspire laptop I just had a fresh install of ubuntu 16.04 on my acer aspire laptop and I am having a difficult issue with my wifi connection. Every time I restart my laptop I get the wifi connection working, but after a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
0 Replies
createrepo(8)															     createrepo(8)

NAME
createrepo - Create repomd (xml-rpm-metadata) repository SYNOPSIS
createrepo [options] <directory> DESCRIPTION
createrepo is a program that creates a repomd (xml-based rpm metadata) repository from a set of rpms. OPTIONS
-u --baseurl <url> Optional base url location for all files. (not used by any clients at this time) -o --outputdir <url> Optional output directory (useful for read only media). -x --exclude <package> File globs to exclude, can be specified multiple times. -i --pkglist <filename> specify a text file which contains the complete list of files to include in the repository from the set found in the directory. File format is one package per line, no wildcards or globs. -q --quiet Run quietly. -g --groupfile <groupfile> A precreated xml filename to point to for group information. See examples section below for further explanation. -v --verbose Run verbosely. -c --cachedir <path> Specify a directory to use as a cachedir. This allows createrepo to create a cache of checksums of packages in the repository. In consecutive runs of createrepo over the same repository of files that do not have a complete change out of all packages this decreases the processing time dramatically. --update If metadata already exists in the outputdir and an rpm is unchanged (based on file size and mtime) since the metadata was generated, reuse the existing metadata rather than recalculating it. In the case of a large repository with only a few new or modified rpms this can significantly reduce I/O and processing time. -C --checkts Don't generate repo metadata, if their timestamps are newer than its rpms. This option decreases the processing time drastically again, if you happen to run it on an unmodified repo, but it is (currently) mutual exclusive with the --split option. --split Run in split media mode. Rather than pass a single directory, take a set of directories corresponding to different volumes in a media set. -p --pretty Output xml files in pretty format. -V --version Output version. -h --help Show help menu. -d --database Generate sqlite databases for use with yum. EXAMPLES
Here is an example of a repository with a groups file. Note that the groups file should be in the same directory as the rpm packages (i.e. /path/to/rpms/comps.xml). createrepo -g comps.xml /path/to/rpms FILES
repodata/filelists.xml.gz repodata/other.xml.gz repodata/primary.xml.gz repodata/repomd.xml SEE ALSO
yum (8) yum.conf (5) AUTHORS
Seth Vidal <skvidal@phy.duke.edu> BUGS
Any bugs which are found should be emailed to the mailing list: rpm-metadata@linux.duke.edu Seth Vidal 2005 Jan 2 createrepo(8)