Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to search a date format from a file an replace with a string in PERL Post 302324604 by my_Perl on Thursday 11th of June 2009 08:01:10 AM
Old 06-11-2009
Thanks a lot. It worked.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL String to Date (Custom format yyyymmdd to dd-mon-yyyy)

Hi All, I am learning PERL for one of the projects, and in one of these scripts, I read a flat text file and print in the terminal. The problem is, the text file has a date field. The format is yyyymmdd. I need to display this as dd-mon-yyyy. Any ideas to do this? Thanks a lot for the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search a string in the file and then replace another string after that position

Hi I am looking for a particular string in a file.If the string exists, then I want to replace another string with some other text.Once replaced, search for the same text after that character position in the file. :wall: E.g: Actual File content: Hello Name: Nitin Raj Welcome to Unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format check and replace string in PERL

I have got few date format patterns like "yyyymmdd", "yy_mm_dd" etc. There can be any combination of such patterns. I have used add_delta_days to find "yyyy", "yy", "mm", "dd" for the current date and saved them to different variables like "$y1", "$y2", "$m1" etc In one line, i want to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : hhmiss - Date format check and replace

I have a filename, This can be any of any format, I want to check if the filename has hours,mins and seconds part. If it is present, i want to replace it with a " * " (star symbol) output needed: IMP: The time part can be in any pattern. How can this be done?:confused:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl- read search and replace string from the file

Dear all, I have a number of files and each file has two sections separated by a blank line. At the top section, I have lines which describes the values of the alphabetical characters, # s #; 0.123 # p #; 12.3 # d #; -2.33 # f #; 5.68 <blank line> sssssss spfdffff sdfffffff Now I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasharma
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a string in a file and replace

I have file t1.log Contents of t1.log file Number of records processed: Number of records rejected: Error : xyz .......... abc .......... aaa _] start time : end time : Please let me know how i can remove the contents highlighted in red in the t1.log file. Thanks Sam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam777
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace a string in a file with a counter.

I have a file like this : location 100 SlotNumber ..some lines inbetween location 150 SlotNumber ..some lines inbetween location 160 SlotNumber ..some lines inbetween I want to replace the SlotNumber like SlotNumber: location 100 SlotNumber1 ..some lines inbetween location 150... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naga_raj
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a string,delete the line and replace with new string in a file

Hi Everyone, I have a requirement in ksh where i have a set of files in a directory. I need to search each and every file if a particular string is present in the file, delete that line and replace that line with another string expression in the same file. I am very new to unix. Kindly help... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search partial string in a file and replace the string - UNIX

I have the below string which i need to compare with a file and replace this string in the file which matches closely. Can anyone help me on this. string(Scenario 1)- user::r--,user::ourfrd:r-- String(Scenario 2)- user::r-- File **** # file: /local/Desktop/myfile # owner: me # group:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
6 Replies
tartrc(5)						LinuxTaRT configuration file format						 tartrc(5)

NAME
.tartrc - Configuration file for LinuxTaRT DESCRIPTION
LinuxTaRT uses a configuration file called tartrc. This configuration file is searched for in the following location: ~/.tartrc PARAMETERS
CustomText1 = string Signature header or text to replace %c1 in template. CustomText2 = string Signature footer or text to replace %c2 in template. SignatureFile = /path/to/signature_file Location and name file to write the sigature to. TagLineDatabase = /path/to/tagline_database Location and name of tagline database. (defaults to /etc/tart.tags) SpecialDates = /path/to/special_dates Location and name of special date file. CustomFile = /path/to/template Location and name of layout template. The following settings may be overridden from the command line. RunQuiet = 0|1 Display information during executution. ShowDate = 0|1 Display the date in the default signature. ShowVersion = 0|1 Display the LinuxTaRT version in the default signature. CenterText = 0|1 Center the text in the default signature. UseCustomText = 0|1 Generate signature from template or use default layout. UseSpecialDates = 0|1 Check special date file for special dates. RunAsDaemon = seconds Run as a daemon and wait this many seconds between updates. FILES
~/.tartrc SEE ALSO
tart(1) tartdates(5) tart-custom(5) Mark Veinot 1.0.0 tartrc(5)