Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX OS bit info
Operating Systems AIX AIX OS bit info Post 302324595 by tenderfoot on Thursday 11th of June 2009 07:31:23 AM
Old 06-11-2009
Thank you for quick and detailed response.

Here are few commands I summarised.
Code:
getconf HARDWARE_BITMODE - for hard ware
getconf KERNEL_BITMODE - for kernel
/usr/sbin/prtconf -c
bootinfo -k or -y

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 5.3 , gensyms command, translate 32 bit addr to 64 bit addr

I am trying to map the information from the gensyms command, Its gives information about the various symbols info like symbol type, addr offset, and the main libraries addr starting point. My problem is , how do I map this 32 bit addr to a 64 bit addr, I am trying to extract Segment # information... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmeswani
0 Replies

2. AIX

pthread library on AIX 5.3 64 bit

Hi, I am running my application on two AIX 5.3 64 bit boxes. In one of the boxes it is running fine without any problems. But on the other box it fails as soon as it is started and it core dumps. When I was analysing the core I was able to find the below two lines in addition to other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: allthanksquery
4 Replies

3. Programming

AIX 5.3 64-bit program crashes with AIX 5.1

I have an AIX 64-bit program which uses following from AIX5.3 /usr/lib/libc.a(shr_64.o) /usr/lib/libpthread.a(shr_xpg5_64.o) /home/jeet_xp/export/power/usr/lib/libsarpc.a(shr.o) /unix /usr/lib/libcrypt.a(shr_64.o) /usr/lib/libc_r.a(shr_64.o) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeet_xp
3 Replies

4. AIX

porting an application on 64-bit AIX version 5

Hi all, I am facing problem in porting to 64 bit AIX especially with compiling options to compile and run under 64 bit kernel.Can any one put some light on the issue thanks in advance vishal (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalzone2002
14 Replies

5. AIX

Segmentation fault in nsgetcinfo in aix 64-bit c code

Hello, I am running on a AIX5.2 server with Oracle 10g and 9i. My code compiles and works fine in 32-bit mode. The same code compiles in 64-bit and runs good. The program catches CNTRL-C signal to terminate. Only on 64-bit code when i hit CNTRL-C, the program exits with segmentation... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh0710
0 Replies

6. AIX

Unix 64-bit AIX V6.1 Standard Edition

Unix 64bit AIX v6.1 standard edition what do you mean ? function ? pls, help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khanhphv
1 Replies

7. AIX

Checking AIX 6.1 edition info

Hi folks, Will you help me getting the edition (standard, express, enterprise) of AIX 6.1 installed. Is there any straight method to find out. i have tried uname oslevel, but no luck, Regards, gjarms (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjarms
2 Replies

8. AIX

32 bit app on aix 6.1

We have our in house developed software running on AIX 6.1 (6100-06-06-1140). The application is a 32 bit application and the operating system is 64 bit. We are running this application without any issue on AIX 5.3 32-bit on P5. We are facing issue with this application after moving on P7 with aix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
4 Replies

9. AIX

New to AIX and IBM Hardware. Need some info

Hello all. I'm new to AIX and IBM hardware and I have a question around the configuration of the service processor on the power series. I need to know: 1) How do I get into the service processor from the serial console when AIX is up and running. I come from the Sun world and I tried all I know.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glenc2004
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Java 32 bit installation fails on an AIX platform

Hello. It is my first to deal with Java installation on an AIX platform. I am now trying to install Java 32bit using installp command. However, it throws back the message that the installation media cannot be found. I need to install Java 32bit to proceed with an installation of Oracle JD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EJ2019
0 Replies
GETCONF(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						GETCONF(1)

NAME
getconf -- retrieve standard configuration variables SYNOPSIS
getconf [-v environment] path_var file getconf [-v environment] system_var DESCRIPTION
The getconf utility prints the value of a POSIX or X/Open path or system configuration variable to the standard output. If the specified variable is undefined, the string ``undefined'' is output. The first form of the command, with two mandatory arguments, retrieves file- and file system-specific configuration variables using pathconf(2). The second form, with a single argument, retrieves system configuration variables using confstr(3) and sysconf(3), depending on the type of variable. As an extension, the second form can also be used to query static limits from <limits.h>. All sysconf(3) and pathconf(2) variables use the same name as the manifest constants defined in the relevant standard C-language bindings, including any leading underscore or prefix. That is to say, system_var might be ARG_MAX or _POSIX_VERSION, as opposed to the sysconf(3) names _SC_ARG_MAX or _SC_POSIX_VERSION. Variables retrieved from confstr(3) have the leading '_CS_' stripped off; thus, _CS_PATH is queried by a system_var of ``PATH''. Programming Environments The -v environment option specifies a IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1'') programming environment under which the values are to be queried. This option currently does nothing, but may in the future be used to select between 32-bit and 64-bit execution environments on platforms which support both. Specifying an environment which is not supported on the current execution platform gives undefined results. The standard programming environments are as follows: POSIX_V6_ILP32_OFF32 Exactly 32-bit integer, long, pointer, and file offset. Supported platforms: None. POSIX_V6_ILP32_OFFBIG Exactly 32-bit integer, long, and pointer; at least 64-bit file offset. Supported platforms: IA32, PowerPC. POSIX_V6_LP64_OFF64 Exactly 32-bit integer; exactly 64-bit long, pointer, and file offset. Supported platforms: Alpha, SPARC64. POSIX_V6_LPBIG_OFFBIG At least 32-bit integer; at least 64-bit long, pointer, and file offset. Supported platforms: None. The command: getconf POSIX_V6_WIDTH_RESTRICTED_ENVS returns a newline-separated list of environments in which the width of certain fundamental types is no greater than the width of the native C type long. At present, all programming environments supported by FreeBSD have this property. Several of the confstr(3) variables provide information on the necessary compiler and linker flags to use the standard programming environments described above. EXIT STATUS
The getconf utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The command: getconf PATH will display the system default setting for the PATH environment variable. The command: getconf NAME_MAX /tmp will display the maximum length of a filename in the /tmp directory. The command: getconf -v POSIX_V6_LPBIG_OFFBIG LONG_MAX will display the maximum value of the C type long in the POSIX_V6_LPBIG_OFFBIG programming environment, if the system supports that environ- ment. DIAGNOSTICS
Use of a system_var or path_var which is completely unrecognized is considered an error, causing a diagnostic message to be written to stan- dard error. One which is known but merely undefined does not result in an error indication. The getconf utility recognizes all of the vari- ables defined for IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''), including those which are not currently implemented. SEE ALSO
pathconf(2), confstr(3), sysconf(3) STANDARDS
The getconf utility is expected to be compliant with IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The getconf utility first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
Garrett A. Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu> BSD
September 18, 2002 BSD