Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read Oracle Username password SID from single file and pass it to shell Post 302324178 by jhon on Wednesday 10th of June 2009 07:19:58 AM
Old 06-10-2009
Error Read Oracle Username password SID from single file and pass it to shell

Dear All

I am trying to write one shell which will be running through Cron which contain one SQL query. But I want to draw/fetch the Username password and Instance name (required to loging to the database) from one single file to run that SQL query . Also this file contain details of multiple Database.

so How can i acheive that.
username password is diffrent for diffrent DB's .

Please anybody help me out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script to read two file at same time and print out in single file

Need shell script to read two file at same time and print output in single file Example I have two files 1) file1.txt 2) file2.txt File1.txt contains Aaa Bbb Ccc Ddd Eee Fff File2.txt contains Zzz Yyy Xxx (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreedhargouda
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to pass Username and Password in telnet session

I have created a shell script to telnet remote machine. Here is the problem I am not able to pass the login username and password to the telnet session. I have searched forum and got few other methods to achieve this. But I need to know what's wrong in the below script. username="root"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxpassion
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell program with username and password

Hi I am new to unix and I am trying to figure out how to write a shell script with a login name and password. I want to do something along the lines of if both are correct it echoes "you are logged in" and if the password is wrong it echoes "wrong password" and same with the login name. I've tried... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thedemonhunter
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop to read multiple username and password

Hello all, I am i am trying to read username password. Bassicaly, i have file called sidlist and it has my database name, username and password.... looks something like this.... db1, user1, pass1 db2, user2, pass2 db3, user3, pass4 but i dont know how to make it work, until i get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul.irfan2
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Asking username and password in the middle of the Shell/perl script

Can any body help me to find out the logic I have a script chkcomponent.pl Which give some output Like component1 userid: u1 component2 userid: u2 component3 userid: u1 . . #The no of components are different in different times run Now I want this chkcomponent.pl script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshpatra
1 Replies

6. Programming

pass value from Oracle sql to Korn shell

Hi All , I am trying to pass a value from sqlplus to korn shell . There is a table tab1 in Oracle that has a column userdate. I need to pass the userdate to the korn shell . This is what I am doing . VALUE=`sqlplus -silent username/password << END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input from file and pass it to sub shell

i have a scenario where in i have to monitor jobs which run in different servers, The job details(job name, host server, etc) are present in a dat file. I have written a script a script which reads the details from the dat file and calls a local method where the job monitoring logic is present.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abubucker0
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send Two different password in Single script, having same username..?

Hi Team, i want to input two password for single node like pass1/pass2 one of the pass1 is working some node and pass2 is working for some nodes . For nodes having pass1 i have to run different script and for nodes having pass2 i have to run different script Sooo how can put two pass... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Username & password through shell script to java code

Hi, I have a shell script (script.sh) in which we are calling java code which asks for Username: Password: for authentication purpose currently we are passing the credential manually and run the script. but I am trying echo -e "user_id\npassword" | script.sh but its not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshtomar82
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass the password to su in shell script

Hello, I am using below command but this is asking for tty c42dba {/home/oracle}: echo sersnp | su -c ggs standard in must be a tty Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
4 Replies
rlm_sql(5)							 FreeRADIUS Module							rlm_sql(5)

NAME
rlm_sql - FreeRADIUS Module DESCRIPTION
The rlm_sql module provides an SQL interface to retrieve authorization information and store accounting information. It can be used in conjunction with, or in lieu of the files and detail modules. The SQL module has drivers to support the following SQL databases: db2 iodbc mysql oracle postgresql sybase unixodbc Due to the size of the configuration variables, the sql module is usually configured in a separate file, which is included in the main radiusd.conf via an include directive. The main configuration items to be aware of are: driver This variable specifies the driver to be loaded. server login password These specify the servername, username, and password the module will use to connect to the database. radius_db The name of the database where the radius tables are stored. acct_table1 acct_table2 These specify the tables names for accounting records. acct_table1 specifies the table where Start records are stored. acct_table2 specifies the table where Stop records are stored. In most cases, this should be the same table. postauth_table The name of the table to store post-authentication data. authcheck_table authreply_table The tables where individual Check-Items and Reply-Items are stored. groupcheck_table groupreply_table The tables where group Check-Items and Reply-Items are stored. usergroup_table The table where username to group relationships are stored. deletestatlesessions This option is set to 'yes' or 'no'. If you are doing Simultaneous-Use checking, and this is set to yes, stale sessions ( defined as sessions for which a Stop record was not received ) will be cleared. logfile This option is useful for debugging sql problems. If logfile is set then all sql queries for the containing section are written to the file specified. This is useful for debugging and bulk inserts. num_sql_socks The number of sql connections to make to the database. connect_failure_retry_delay The number of seconds to wait before attempting to reconnect to a failed database connection. sql_user_name This is the definition of the SQL-User-Name attribute. This is set once, so that you can use %{SQL-User-Name} in the SQL queries, rather than the nested username substitution. This ensures that Username is parsed consistently for all SQL queries executed. default_user_profile This is the default profile name that will be applied to all users if set. This is not set by default. query_on_not_found This option is set to 'yes' or 'no'. If set to yes, then the default user profile is returned if no specific match was found for the user. authorize_check_query authorize_reply_query These queries are run during the authorization stage to extract the user authorization information from the ${authcheck_table} and ${authreply_table}. authorize_group_check_query authorize_group_reply_query These queries are run during the authorization stage to extract the group authorization information from the ${groupcheck_table} and ${groupreply_table}. accounting_onoff_query The query to be run when receiving an Accounting On or Accounting Off packet. accounting_update_query accounting_update_query_alt The query to be run when receiving an Accounting Update packet. If the primary query fails, the alt query is run. accounting_start_query accounting_start_query_alt The query to be run when receiving an Accounting Start packet. If the primary query fails, the alt query is run. accounting_stop_query accounting_stop_query_alt The query to be run when receiving an Accounting Stop packet. If the primary query fails, the alt query is run. simul_count_query The query to be run to return the number simultaneous sessions for the purposes of limiting Simultaneous Use. simul_verify_query The query to return the detail information needed to confirm that all suspected connected sessions are valid, and are not stale ses- sions. group_membership_query The query to run to check user group membership. postauth_query The query to run during the post-authentication stage. CONFIGURATION
Due to the size of the configuration for this module, it is not included in this manual page. Please review the supplied configuration files for example queries and configuration details. SECTIONS
authorization, accounting, checksimul, post-authentication FILES
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf, /etc/raddb/sql.conf, /etc/raddb/sql/<DB>/dialup.conf, /etc/raddb/sql/<DB>/schema.sql, SEE ALSO
radiusd(8), radiusd.conf(5), AUTHORS
Chris Parker, cparker@segv.org 5 February 2004 rlm_sql(5)