Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SFTP using korn shell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SFTP using korn shell Post 302323805 by singhald on Tuesday 9th of June 2009 03:55:56 AM
Old 06-09-2009
SFTP using korn shell

Hi All,

I am able to SFTP files using the below command in my script.

sftp -b test.bat $user@$IP << EOF

i have written the following command in the test.bat file

put /home/user1/testfile.txt /ftpdata/out/
quit

i am able to sftp the testfile.txt from one server to another. could any one suggest me how can i incorporate the test.bat file contents into main script only. acutlly i dont want to use one more file which contians the ftp command.

Thanks in Advance

Singhal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell + sftp + list files

Hello!!! I need a korn shell script in AIX that inside sftp environment, changes a remote directory, lists the files inside it, and stores in an array. I got it working before make a sftp, but after.. I can't.. The way it is, it lists the files in local path... so.. not what I want, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alienET
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command ignored after sftp - korn shell

Hi all Trying to run my korn shell script, I got no messages after the sftp. The "finished" msg is not being displayed. Any ideas? sftp $argument <<EOF quit EOF echo "finished" Thanks in advance, :O) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alienET
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

KORN Shell - Spawn new shell with commands

I want to be able to run a script on one server, that will spawn another shell which runs some commands on another server.. I have seen some code that may help - but I cant get it working as below: spawn /usr/bin/ksh send "telnet x <port_no>\r" expect "Enter command: " send "LOGIN:x:x;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert from korn shell to normal shell with this code?

well i have this code here..and it works fine in kornshell.. #!/bin/ksh home=c:/..../ input=$1 sed '1,3d' $input > $1.out line="" cat $1.out | while read a do line="$line $a" done echo $line > $1 rm $1.out however...now i want it just in normal sh mode..how to convert this?... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell

I am using korn shell but I want to have my prompt to represnent that of my C shell because I like it better. Is there anyway to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vthokiefan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to activate Korn Shell functionnalities in Bourne Shell

Hi All I have writing a Korn Shell script to execute it on many of our servers. But some servers don't have Korn Shell installed, they use Borne Shell. Some operations like calculation don't work : cat ${file1} | tail -$((${num1}-${num2})) > ${file2} Is it possible to activate Korn Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne shell & Korn shell

Could some one tell me the difference btw Bourne shell and the Kshell? Which is more flexible and reliable in terms of portability and efficiency. When i type the following command .. $ echo $SHELL yields me /bin/sh Does this tells me that I am in Bourne shell. If yes, how can i get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to capture sftp error in Korn Shell

I am not able to capture error condition in sftp in Korn Shell #!/bin/ksh sftp batch@uat >abc 2>&1 << ENDFILE cd public put /data/WELCOME_55 ENDFILE ret_val=$? if ] then print file "copied successfully" else print file "NOT copied successfully" fi return 0 Now the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to korn shell

I am new to korn shell and slowly learning. Is there a way to have a parent script prompt for input and then execute a child script and return the output then move forward and ask for more input and then execute the next child script? I think the answer is no but thought i would ask. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cptkirkh
2 Replies
libssh2_sftp_init(3)						  libssh2 manual					      libssh2_sftp_init(3)

NAME
libssh2_sftp_init - open SFTP channel for the given SSH session. SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> #include <libssh2_sftp.h> LIBSSH2_SFTP * libssh2_sftp_init(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session); DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) Open a channel and initialize the SFTP subsystem. Although the SFTP subsystem operates over the same type of channel as those exported by the Channel API, the protocol itself implements its own unique binary packet protocol which must be managed with the libssh2_sftp_*() fam- ily of functions. When an SFTP session is complete, it must be destroyed using the libssh2_sftp_shutdown(3) function. RETURN VALUE
A pointer to the newly allocated SFTP instance or NULL on failure. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_TIMEOUT - LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL - An invalid SFTP protocol response was received on the socket, or an SFTP operation caused an errorcode to be returned by the server. LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN - Marked for non-blocking I/O but the call would block. SEE ALSO
libssh2_sftp_shutdown(3) libssh2_sftp_open_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_sftp_init(3)