Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To call many scripts from mother one simultaneously Post 302323678 by wpeckham on Monday 8th of June 2009 05:23:02 PM
Old 06-08-2009
Simple loop to start them all

#!/bin/ksh
# the one-ring script
# to start them all

# a variable to hold all of the script names
SCRIPTLIST="script1
script2
script3
script20"

# start all child scripts in background
for foo in $SCRIPTLIST ; do
${foo} &
done

# only continue when they all finish
wait

# rest of master script

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call C functions in shell scripts?

How can i call dynamic C functions in shell scripts? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwal
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to call two programs simultaneously

Hi, i want to call two programs simultaneously from a currently running program so as to distribute the job and fasten the speed. As of now I call the programs one after the other within the main program. e.g. `perl A.pl`; `perl B.pl`; how can I run the two paralelly? urgent ... please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipinccmb
1 Replies

3. Linux

Call scripts in Rpm's: %pre %post sectino

Hi, In the rpm SPEC file there is %pre section for preinstall scripts. We can write any think in the "sh" format here. I want to call a script here. How can i do this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Multiple Scripts With Similar Name

I have a lot of scripts in one directory I was just wondering if there was a single command that could call each script. Example: There are scripts, "stopThisService.sh", "stopThatService.sh", "stopAnotherService.sh", and "stopYetAnotherService.sh". I'd like to be able to call them all by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Behavior of Unix in calling 2 scripts simultaneously

Hi, I wanted to know the exact behavior of the shell scripts in the below scenario. I have 2 scripts - a.ksh and b.ksh Both these scripts call a 3rd script xyz.ksh. What will happen if both a.ksh and b.ksh run at the same time? What will happen if a.ksh starts 2-3 seconds before b.ksh?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aster007
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call different scripts?

I have 3 different scripts with 3 different functions, I would like to merge these 3 and make a master script. The following are my ideas: - ask user to pick which script he needs - after choosing, point it to the right script or... depending on the inputs provided by the user, all three... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priyanka.premra
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run 2 shell scripts simultaneously from one script

i Run 2 scripts on all of around 50 nodes every day. 1.Mod_1.sh 2.Mod_2.sh eg.. i run file with specific node no like Mod_1.sh NODE_(node number) Mod_2.sh NODE_(node number) I want to run both file by using single script with unique node number. Eg.. Mod_new.sh NODE_(node... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call functions from other scripts

i have a file that contains functions and i want the functions to be available in another script. of course, the ideal situation here would be to put the functions in the same script, but i dont own these scripts. so I have to call the functions file from a different script. how do i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
NAUTILUS-SCRIPTS-MANAGER(1)				      General Commands Manual				       NAUTILUS-SCRIPTS-MANAGER(1)

NAME
nautilus-scripts-manager - easy tool for nautilus scripts management SYNOPSIS
nautilus-scripts-manager [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nautilus-scripts-manager command. nautilus-scripts-manager is a program that allows any user to easily manage installed Nautilus scripts. GENERAL OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. COMMANDS
One (and only one) of the following commands can be passed: -e, --enable=ENABLE Enable script ENABLE. -d, --disable=DISABLE Disable script DISABLE. -l, --list-enabled List enabled scripts. -a, --list-available List available scripts. If no command is provided, the graphical interface is started. OPTIONS
-e, --position=POSITION In conjunction with -e or -d: establish the position of the script (can be just a name, or a path with slashes - quote it if it con- tains spaces). SEE ALSO
nautilus(1), AUTHOR
nautilus-scripts-manager and this manual page were written by Pietro Battiston <me@pietrobattiston.it>. This manual page was written for the Debian project (but may be used by others). July 14, 2009 NAUTILUS-SCRIPTS-MANAGER(1)