Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting long process listing with /usr/ucb/ps weird behaves Post 302323561 by sreeniatbp on Monday 8th of June 2009 09:13:24 AM
Old 06-08-2009
[code]
#!/bin/ksh

for i in `/usr/ucb/ps -wwaux | grep $1 | grep -v grep |awk '{print $2}'`
do
echo $i
#kill -9 $i
done

When I run this I get two different PIDs, one for 116694 and 17002. this happens when i run the command as

$/usr/ucb/ps -wwwaux | grep myServices-Primary
tradmin 16694 0.0 1.4443536220216 ? S 12:41:05 2:18 /opt/barc/bin/engine --pid --run /opt/barc/domain/SOAMP_NTA_DEV//myServices-Primary/myServices-Primary.xyc --innerProcess

$./mytest myservice-primary

I couldnt still manage to still kill the process...as I only wnat to kill this process.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

long listing of files up to a given date

Hi I would like to a long list of files up to a given date. I've tried: ls -al > filelist but this command gives me all the files. I've also have tried the find command: find . -mtime -10 -type f -print > filelist This gives me information on active file within the past 10 days and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlh
2 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris 2.5.1 /usr/ucb/ps truncation problems

we aheva couple of old sun OS boxes, that we are trying to parse /usr/ucb/ps output. However it seems that something is occuring that is causeing th output of "/usr/ucb/ps -auxwww" to cut short the process name, whereas "ps -eaf" can display the entire process name. It will work for a while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adralph
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

date=`/usr/ucb/expr $date1 - 1`

Hi I need to subtract one day from date1=`/bin/date +%d` So I used date=`/usr/ucb/expr $date1 - 1` The only thing is if date1 is a single digit like 08, date will be 8 instead of 08. How can I avoid losing 0? Thanks for all your help!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
4 Replies

4. Solaris

/usr/bin/ps -p equivalent in ucb version

Hi, Is there an option in /usr/ucb/ps version to get a selected list of processes like in /usr/bin/ps -p"1 3 5" option? Thanks, Fredy (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredy
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh: /usr/bin/ls: arg list too long

I am using IBM AIX unix version 4.3.3.0. In a directory there are many files with different patterns. When I am trying to execute the command, ls -l with the file pattern, which have fewer files it gives the desired result. However when I am trying to execute the same command for file pattern,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitindrabappa
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem get the value of /usr/ucb/ps -guxww

Hello all im trying to get the value of: /usr/ucb/ps -guxww | grep Tomcat | grep $USER | grep -v grepinto variable , im using csh . like this : set PS="/usr/ucb/ps -guxww" set isTomcat = `cat $PS | grep Tomcat | grep $USER | grep -v grep` but im keep geting this error: cat: cannot open... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/usr/ucb/ps -auxwll

Hei, When I run the /usr/ucb/ps -auxwll with any other user except root I get nothing (Solaris 10 in global). Is a way to get the same resualt as root with my user. tnx Mehrdad (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How do I link ld in /usr/ucb/ to /usr/ccs/bin?

Hi all, below is the problem details: ora10g@CNORACLE1>which ld /usr/ucb/ld ora10g@CNORACLE1>cd /usr/ccs/bin ora10g@CNORACLE1>ln -s /usr/ucb/ld ld ln: cannot create ld: File exists ora10g@CNORACLE1> how to link it to /usr/ccs/bin? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i use /usr/ucb/ps to give the full user

Hi, on solaris I need the full ps output, and process this. With /usr/ucb/ps auxwww I get the output as wanted, but the user is cut off to 8 long. With ps -o ruser I can get the full username, but I do not have the full output. Is it possible to get long output, with the full username? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dimpie
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Listing the long groupnames

Hello, When listing the file systems (using ls -ltr) , if the group names are longer the group name is getting truncated. Can someone help with the script which would display the truncated group name? I appreciate if someone could help in this regard. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mike12
1 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)