Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with scripting a simple menu Post 302323331 by Jsmith on Saturday 6th of June 2009 07:02:44 PM
Old 06-06-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyadhar85
Are you sure its not homework??SmilieSmilie
hmmm anyways
read <varname>
the <varname> will store whatever entered from Standard I/O
you can use $<varname> where ever you want
Not homework I swear! I'm 32 years old and only got my first computer ever last year. Before that the most I had ever done with one is clock in and out of my old warehouse job.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting for menu

Hi, I'm writting a script to filter a cvs log and get only the modified files to move them to a specific directory to compile. I try to filter a line and move from source to target, with no results. Could you help me? for example, in the cvs log file appears: cat log.txt U... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Menu and coding

I am very new to Unix and don't know much about it. I've been trying to create a menu and what I don't understand is how to execute a command once a user makes a selection. I have the menu set up. In fact, the following is the code that I have thus far: #! /bin/csh # This is the UNIX menu... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinjin
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting problem - when the file is not found i want it to return to the menu

when the file is not found i want it to return to the menu, however it carries out the next line when i hit a key I know its probably something simple can anyone help? here is my pause function: function pause(){ read -s -n 1 -p "Press any key to return to Menu . . ." echo } SCRIPT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alendrin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripting menu problem

Hi there, I am new to Unix and at the moment I am trying to solve my assignment that is to create a script for the program to prompt user to type three codes, from user point of view it should be done by typing codes separating them by spaces. Then program displays a menu with these three... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dannel
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl simple text menu with options

Hopefully I'm in the right place. Im new to the forums and linux! I'm looking to add a menu to my perl hangman game i have created. The menu will use user input for the desired option and then perform the operation indicated. I would like something along the lines of: Welcome to Hangman... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jahburmski
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two columns output in simple case menu?

EDIT : System used : Any Linux distribution. Hello everyone, I m having quite a headache trying to figure out why I m having a 2 columns output in the following code : #!/bin/ksh menu_rotation() { #Variables CHOIX1="Rotation 1" CHOIX2="Rotation 2" CHOIX3="Rotation 3" ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekullos
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple bash script menu

Dear Sir, May I know how do I go about adding the following feature into the script below: When user enter values other than 1,2,3,4, a) Message “Wrong entry !!! Pls select 1,2,3 or 4” is displayed b) The screen is cleared again and the menu is displayed. #!/bin/bash clear var=1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusetrips
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple calculator with menu input - Need Help

I am trying to make a calculator. The user Enters number 1, chooses and operation, enters number 2, then chooses another operation or for the answer to be displayed. eg. 1 + 1 = or 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 = Both of these should be possible. #!/bin/bash read -p "what's the first number? " n1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redshine6
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell scripting/menu

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a shell menu program that will: a. copy a file to a designated directory b. tell you if a specified user... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagst3r21
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu and case statement scripting

hi all i am trying to get help with writing a script using case statement to display menu as 1) Authentication log 2) System log 3) Messages 4) Dmesg 5) Boot log Q) Exit When selecting the menu by 1 or 2 or 3 o 4 or 5, it should display the last 10 lines of the log files, if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: renegade11
3 Replies
CLAWS-MAIL-PYTHON-PLUGIN(1)				      General Commands Manual				       CLAWS-MAIL-PYTHON-PLUGIN(1)

NAME
claws-mail-python-plugin -- Python scripting and console plugin. DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the claws-mail-python-plugin. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. claws-mail-python-plugin is a plugin (loadable module) for the Claws Mail mailer. This plugin offers a Python scripting access to Claws Mail. Also features a console for testing and scripts can be saved for later usage as new menu items under ``Tools'' menu. USAGE
Before using a plugin you must instruct Claws Mail to load it on startup. For this you must go ``Configuration'' menu on main window toolbar, open ``Plugins...'' dialog, click on the ``Load plugin...'' button and select the plugin file, named python_plugin.so, and press the ``Open'' button. SEE ALSO
claws-mail (1), claws-mail-extra-plugins (1). AUTHOR
claws-mail-python-plugin was written by Holger Berndt berndth@gmx.de This manual page was written by Ricardo Mones mones@debian.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. CLAWS-MAIL-PYTHON-PLUGIN(1)