Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C++ application halts at popen system call Post 302323330 by Amiya Rath on Saturday 6th of June 2009 06:13:50 PM
Old 06-06-2009
Hi achenle,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please let me know in details what I need to do to overcome this deadlock? Do you mean to say there is some issue with the application code. The application is running fine with same binaries in other sun boxes.

Regards,
Amy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Formatted piping popen() system call

Facingproblem in writing a c code that sorts a given string using piping popen() system call.. the question reads write a c program inclusive of all error conditions that sorts the given string of arrays as{"bravo","sit","class"}using formatted piping popen() system call (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toughguy2handle
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to differentiate system call from library call

Hi, Ho do I differentiate system call from library call? for example if I am using chmod , how do I find out if it is a system call or library call? Thanks Muru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muru
2 Replies

3. Programming

c system call

How the c compiler differentiates the system calls and function calls? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rangaswamy
1 Replies

4. AIX

system() in a c++ program halts in AIX 5.3

system() in a c++ program halts in AIX 5.3, though the corresponding binary working fine in AIX 5.2 and lower version. I am executing a script using system in a c++ program. the script has the execute permission by all. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amiya Rath
0 Replies

5. Programming

C:system call

Hi I'm studing the system call. I've written a small program that return the time spent in doing some operations. Now I'd like to write one that return the time spent in user mode of a process. I'm reading that i should use the tms struct: clock_t times(struct tms *buf); struct tms {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
2 Replies

6. Programming

socket system call can not succedd right after application crash.

hello all, I have developed a server application in C for ulinux kernel 2.6.It works very fine; creating a socket, binding it to a port, listening for incoming sockets and accepting them ,all finish without any error. But there is a problem regarding application crash.After an intentionally... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sedighzadeh
1 Replies

7. Programming

question about system and popen in C

in man system it talks about SIGCHLD will be blocked, and SIGINT and SIGQUIT will be ignored. Does this signal stuff also happen in popen command? (even though man popen says nothing about signals) also if I am not using wait(&status) and I am using waitpid(pid, NULL, 0) how would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

8. Programming

need help with system call

hi everyone i wrote a system call and compiled the kernel succesfully... my system call is in a file in the kernel folder named my_syscall1.c (kernel/my_syscall1.c) the header file for this system call i added it in the folder include like this include/my_syscall1/my_syscall1.h my problem is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: demis87
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

system call

Trying to figure out a load issue with a webserver. I have traced a php script and noticed the following connect(4, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(3306), sin_addr=inet_addr("XX.XX.XX.XX")}, 16) = -1 EINPROGRESS (Operation now in progress) <0.000035> poll(, 1, 2000) = 1 () <0.000120>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan007
5 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Applescript application call problem...

Hi all... I am trying to create a shell project purely for this Macbook Pro. I do NOT want to use SOX as the sampling _source_ but Quicktime instead, the idea being that NO third party installs will be needed. The code below works fine except the commented out Applescript line does not do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
FRACPLANET(1)							    Fracplanet							     FRACPLANET(1)

NAME
fracplanet - Create and view random fractal terrain and planets. SYNOPSIS
fracplanet [ <QtOptions> ] [ --help ] [ --verbose ] [ --display-list ] [ --invert-mouse-y ] [ --wireframe ] DESCRIPTION
Fracplanet generates random planets and terrain with oceans, mountains, icecaps and rivers. Parameters are specified interactively and the results displayed using OpenGL. The generated objects can be exported for Pov-Ray or Blender. A document fully describing usage via the application's GUI is accessible from the application's "About" menu once it is running. GENERAL OPTIONS
<QtOptions> Standard options recognised by the Qt toolkit (for example -geometry <width>x<height> Note that these use the single-dash option style. ). --help, -h Display a list of recognised arguments. --verbose, -v Display information about fracplanet and the GL graphics system it's running on. RENDERING OPTIONS
These affect the initial settings on the render controls tab, which controls the OpenGL display. --display-list, -d Start up the application with rendering in display list mode by default (c.f immediate mode). This is particularly use- ful when the application is running remotely as the generated meshes are then only sent to the local OpenGL display hardware once. --invert-mouse-y, -y Start application with mouse in non-joystick mode for flight. --wireframe, -w Start application with rendering set to wireframe mode. SEE ALSO
blender povray AUTHOR
fracplanet was written by Tim Day (www.timday.com) and is released under the conditions of the GNU General Public License. For further details see the application's "About" dialog or the file LICENSE supplied with the source code. www.timday.com 26 Apr 2006 FRACPLANET(1)