Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using awk to count no of records based on conditions Post 302323185 by Franklin52 on Friday 5th of June 2009 03:57:37 PM
Old 06-05-2009
To get the date of yesterday you can use the datecalc script of Perderabo.
Place this script in the same directory of your script with the name datecalc and make it executable:

https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...html#post16559

Your script should looks like:

Code:
#!/bin/ksh

dat=$(./datecalc -a $(date +"%Y %m %d") - 1)

day=$(/usr/xpg4/bin/awk -v d="$dat" 'BEGIN {split(d,a," ");day=sprintf("%s%02s%02s",a[1],a[2],a[3]);print day}')

/usr/xpg4/bin/awk -v d="$day" -v serv="BSNLSERVICE1" -v val="2128" '
$1 ~ day && $4==serv && $6==val {
  s1++;a[$14]++;b[$9]++
}
END{
  print "Filename: " FILENAME "\n"
  print serv,val, "=" s1 "\n"
  print serv,val, a["SUCCESS"]
  print serv,val, a["SYSTEM"] "\n"
  for(i in b){print i, b[i]} 
}' $day*

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count No of Records in File without counting Header and Trailer Records

I have a flat file and need to count no of records in the file less the header and the trailer record. I would appreciate any and all asistance Thanks Hadi Lalani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guiguy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record count based on a keyword in the records

Hi, Am having files with many records, i need to count and display the number of records based on the keyword in one of the column of the records. for e.g THE FILE CONTAINS TWO RECORDS LIKE. 200903031143150 0 1236060795054357lessrv1 BSNLSERVICE1 BSNLSERVICE1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to Count Records with not null

Hi, I have a pipe seperated file I want to write a code to display count of lines that have 20th field not null. nawk -F"|" '{if ($20!="") print NR,$20}' xyz..txt This displays records with 20th field also null. I would like output as: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk merging files based on 2 complex conditions

1. if the 1st row IDs of input1 (ID1/ID2.....) is equal to any IDNames of input2 print all relevant values together as defined in the output. 2. A bit tricky part is IDno in the output. All we need to do is numbering same kind of letters as 1 (aa of ID1) and different letters as 2 (ab... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruby_sgp
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract file records based on some field conditions

Hello Friends, I have a file(InputFile.csv) with the following columns(the columns are pipe-delimited): ColA|ColB|ColC|ColD|ColE|ColF Now for this file, I have to get those records which fulfil the following condition: If "ColB" is NOT NULL and "ColD" has values one of the following... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehimadri
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

count the unique records based on certain columns

Hi everyone, I have a file result.txt with records as following and another file mirna.txt with a list of miRNAs e.g. miR22, miR123, miR13 etc. Gene Transcript miRNA Gar Nm_111233 miR22 Gar Nm_123440 miR22 Gar Nm_129939 miR22 Hel Nm_233900 miR13 Hel ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: miclow
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to filter file based on seperate conditions

The below awk will filter a list of 30,000 lines in the tab-delimited file. What I am having trouble with is adding a condition to SVTYPE=CNV that will only print that line if CI= must be >.05 . The other condition to add is if SVTYPE=Fusion, then in order to print that line READ_COUNT must... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file based on 5 conditions

I am trying to use awk to update the below tab-delimited file based on 5 different rules/conditions. The final output is also tab-delimited and each line in the file will meet one of the conditions. My attemp is below as well though I am not very confident in it. Thank you :). Condition 1: The... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/sed/cut to filter out records from a file based on criteria

I have two files and would need to filter out records based on certain criteria, these column are of variable lengths, but the lengths are uniform throughout all the records of the file. I have shown a sample of three records below. Line 1-9 is the item number "0227546_1" in the case of the first... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to assign points to variables based on conditions and update specific field

I have been reading old posts and trying to come up with a solution for the below: Use a tab-delimited input file to assign point to variables that are used to update a specific field, Rank. I really couldn't find too much in the way of assigning points to variable, but made an attempt at an awk... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
rmf(1mh)																  rmf(1mh)

Name
       rmf - remove folder

Syntax
       rmf [ +folder ] [ -help ] [ -[no]interactive ]

Description
       The  command  removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself.  If there are any files within the
       folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed.

You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument.  If you do not specify a folder, and cannot find  the
       current folder, asks you whether you want to delete instead.

If the current folder is removed, it makes current.

Note that the command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution.

If  the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and tells you that this has happened.  This
       provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list  and  returning  to  the  current
       folder from which the list was extracted.

Using to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder
       itself.	If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-interactive
       -nointeractive
		 Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder.  By default, deletes a folder and its messages without asking	for  confirmation.
		 If  you  specify  the	-interactive option, asks if you are sure before deleting the folder.  You are advised to use this option,
		 since when deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably.

Examples
       This example shows how asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used:
       % rmf -interactive +test
       Remove folder "test"? y

Profile Components
       Path:   To determine the user's Mail directory

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       rmm(1mh)

rmf(1mh)