Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting validation against special characters Post 302322909 by Ygor on Thursday 4th of June 2009 11:42:40 PM
Old 06-05-2009
Try using case to check in input. Also, OPTARG is a shell built-in, so you might want use a different name.
Code:
$ read reply
123-456(

$ case "$reply" in [0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]) echo good;; *) echo bad;; esac
bad

$ read reply
12345-67890

$ case "$reply" in [0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]) echo good;; *) echo bad;; esac
good

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

special characters

I have one file which is named ^? ( the DEL character ) I'd like to know how to rename or copy the file by using its i-node number TYIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nawnaw
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substitue 'Special Characters' in VI

Hi All, I am using LATEX and need to delete all the lines in a file matching: \begin{work} I know there are several ways to do this, but I am trying to do it with the substitute command in VI. The problem is I can't get substitute to recognize the character '\'! How do I do it? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special characters

When I open a file in vi, I see the following characters: \302\240 Can someone explain what these characters mean. Is it ASCII format? I need to trim those characters from a file. I am doing the following: tr -d '\302\240' ---------- Post updated at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sid1982
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove special characters

hello all I am writing a perl code and i wish to remove the special characters for text. I wish to remove all extended ascii characters. If the list of special characters is huge, how can i do this using substitute command s/specialcharacters/null/g I really want to code like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to see special characters?

Hi all, I was wondering how can i see the special characters like \t, \n or anything else in a file by using Nano or any other linux command like less, more etc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escaping special characters

I'm attempting a little hack to get grep to highlight (change foreground color to red) a found string. Assuming a target file "test" consisting of the word "albert": My executable "algrep" consists of this: grep $1 $2 | sed "s/$1/\\\033 And when run: algrep al test Produces this:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiggyboo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters

Hey guys, I'm trying to replace "]Facebook" from the text but sed 's/]Facebook/Johan/g' is not working could you please help me with that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Protection and special characters

I am learning from the class how to protect the special characters and the script that I wrote here does not work when I am trying to pick up a single quote. It would complaint about parentheses problem. Please, someone could enlighten me. Thanks in advance, Scopiop Input file Hi, * ?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scopiop
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to escape all special characters?

I have an application which I am integrating with that accepts the password via a CLI. I am running in to issues with passwords that contain special characters. I tried to escape them all, but I ran in to an issue where I cannot escape the characters ' ] My attempt is as follows: $... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AMG1978
2 Replies
IPSEC_IKEPING(8)						Executable programs						  IPSEC_IKEPING(8)

NAME
ipsec_ikeping - send/receive ISAKMP/IKE echo requests/replies SYNOPSIS
ipsec ikeping [--listen] [--verbose] [--wait time] [--exchangenum num] [--ikeport localport] [--ikeaddress address] [--inet] [--inet6] destaddr [/dstport...] DESCRIPTION
Ikeping sends and receives ISAKMP/IKE echo request and echo reply packets. These packets are intended for diagnostics purposes, in a manner similar to ping(8) does for ICMP echo request/reply packets. At the time of this writing, the ISAKMP echo request/reply exchange is still an internet-draft (draft-richardson-ipsec-ikeping-00), and is therefore completely non-standard. The Libreswan IKE daemon pluto does implement this draft, so ikeping can be used to test connectivity to an libreswan ipsec server. Ikeping will bind to the local address given by --ikeaddress and the port number given by --ikeport defaulting to the wildcard address and the ISAKMP port 500. An ISAKMP exchange of type 244 (a private use number) is sent to each of the address/ports listed on the command line. The exchange number may be overridden by the --exchangenum option. Ikeping then listens for replies, printing them as they are received. Replies are of exchange type 245 or the specified exchange number plus 1. Ikeping will keep listening until it either receives as many echo responses as it sent, or until the timeout period (5 seconds) has been reached. Receipt of a packet will reset the timer. The --wait option can be used to specify a different timeout period. If the --listen option is given, then ikeping will not send any packets. Instead, it will listen for them and reply to each request received. If the --natt option is given, then ikeping will set the socket to permit UDP encapsulated ESP packets. This is only useful in listen mode. FILES
no external files SEE ALSO
ping(8), ipsec_pluto(8) HISTORY
Written for the Linux FreeS/WAN project <http://www.freeswan.org> by Michael Richardson. AUTHOR
Paul Wouters placeholder to suppress warning libreswan 12/16/2012 IPSEC_IKEPING(8)