Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk Array doesnt match for substring Post 302322385 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 3rd of June 2009 02:49:02 PM
Old 06-03-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle
'cluster3int' is not in file1 but i want the code to match with substring.

cluster3 exists in file2 which is substring of cluster3int from file1 .
I want to match cluster3 from file2 with 'cluster3int' which exists in file1

Appreciate help

Thanks
Also, 'cluster2' exists in file2. And 'cluster2' is a 'substring' of 'cluster2' and 'xyz.cluster2' from file1.
What's the algorithm?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare two files if doesnt match then display error message

hi , i have one file ,i need to search particular word from this file and if content is matched then echo MATCHED else NOT MATCHED file contains : mr x planned to score 75% in exam but end up with 74%. word to be searched id 75% please help me out . waiting for reply thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atl@mav
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk should output if one input file doesnt have matching key

nawk -F, 'FNR==NR{a= $3 ;next} $2 in a{print $1, 'Person',$2, a}' OFS=, filea fileb Input filea Input fileb output i am getting : (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring match

Hi, I want to find a file / directory with the name xxxxCELLxxx in the given path. The CELL is can be either in a UPPER or lower case. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: youknowme
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match elements in an AWK multi-dimensional array

Hello, I have two files in the following format; file1: A B C D E F G H I J K L file2: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 I have read them both in to multi-dimensional arrays. I need a file that has column 2 of the first file printed out for each column 3 of the second file ie... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cold_Que
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : Sort substring occurrences in array of strings

Hi, My developer is on vacation and I am not sure if there is something which is easier for this. I have an array of strings. Each string in the array has "%" characters in it. I have to get the string(s) which have the least number of "%" in them. I know how I can get occurrences : ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinpeak
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

array and awk match function in SunOS 5.10

Hi Experts, Need help in writing a shell script in SunOS 5.10. I want to use array but it is not running in SunOs where as it is running in unix. pls help Want to print the alue store in array as below but it is giving error. p=1 p=6 p=15 p=20 for i in 1 2 3 4 do echo ${p} done ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forroughuse
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting files based on Substring match

In folder there are files (eg ABS_18APR2012_XYZ.csv DSE_17APR2012_ABE.csv) . My requirement is to delete all the files except today's timestamp I tried doing this to list all the files not having today's date timestamp #!/bin/ksh DATE=`date +"%d%h%Y"` DIR=/data/rfs/... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manushi88
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Count the number of files to delete doesnt match

Good evening, need your help please Need to delete certain files before octobre 1 2016, so need to know how many files im going to delete, for instance ls -lrt file_20160*.lis!wc -l but using grep -c to another file called bplist which contains the list of all files backed up doesn match... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the longest match substring

Hello gurus, I have a database of possible primary signal strings pp22 pt22dx pp22dx jty2234 Also I have a list of scrambled signals which has a shorter string and a longer string separated by // (double slash ). Always the shorter string of a scrambled signal will have the primary... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match substring from a column of the second file

I want to merge the lines by matching substring of the first file with first column of the second file. file1: S00739A_ACAGTG_L001_R1.fq.gz S00739A_ACAGTG_L001_R2.fq.gz S00739B_GCCAAT_L001_R1.fq.gz S00739B_GCCAAT_L001_R2.fq.gz S00739D_GTGAAA_L001_R1.fq.gz S00739D_GTGAAA_L001_R2.fq.gz... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
14 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp or diff. If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported com- pression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncom- pressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp or diff is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2009-07-05 XZDIFF(1)