Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting capture till first occurrence. Post 302322218 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 3rd of June 2009 06:27:06 AM
Old 06-03-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by benitdhotekar
Please read query carefully.
I did:

Quote:
Originally Posted by benitdhotekar
I want to replace "C:/India/Apple" with "D:/Test/Red_Apple" whereever the pattern "C:/India/Apple" occurs in my file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete line till certain point

Hi, I have a requirement to delete a line till a certain word. Am not sure how to do it e.g I want to delete till the bold character since start of line. Any help is higly appretiated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inq
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print lines till till a pattern is matched in loop

Dear All I have a file like this 112534554 446538656 444695656 225696966 226569744 228787874 113536566 443533535 222564552 115464656 225445345 225533234 I want to cut the file into different parts where the first two columns are '11' . The first two columns will be either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anoopvraj
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract till occurance of a string

hi , i have an xml that comes in a single, the entire xml file is read as a single line when i open in edit plus or unix. i need to amend the contents of this xml file. below is the extract from the file <rpc-reply xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print file till specified line

Hi , I want to print file till line number 33 and stdout to different file. I have used cat -n <file name> which numbers the lines including blank line. now how can i stdout the first 33 lines in to new file. Regards newaix (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the number of lines till I get line

Hi All, I have a file as below: abc.txt ****************************** * HEADER DESCRIPTION ****************************** *Supplier: Prism Customer: MNI -NIGERIA Quantity: 2 Type: PLUG-IN Profile: 70.00 *Subscription: Generic... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with loop till search is done

I need help to put a script where it runs the svn command grep'ing for the ticket# in the comments to see if the ticket was used in the latest commit. so on command line: ./test.sh ticket-1 ticket-2 ticket-3 It should be able to check if ticket-1 is used first and if not then check if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iaav
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines till a particular word

Hi Experts, I have a requirement like, I have to search between 2 words (<deviceDetails> and </deviceDetails>) and merge all lines in between into 1 line. Example: <deviceDetails><subscriberName>#UNKNOWN#</subscriberName> <customerNumber>#UNKNOWN#</customerNumber>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX help to print 50 lines after every 3rd occurrence pattern till end of file

I need help with extract/print lines till stop pattern. This needs to happen after every 3rd occurrence of start pattern and continue till end of file. Consider below is an example of the log file. my start pattern will be every 3rd occurrence of ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND and stop pattern will be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NSS
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute first occurrence of keyword if occurrence between two other keywords

Assume a string that contains one or multiple occurrences of three different keywords (abbreviated as "kw"). I would like to replace kw2 with some other string, say "qux". Specifically, I would like to replace that occurrence of kw2 that is the first one that is preceded by kw1 somewhere in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: M Gruenstaeudl
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print from last occurrence match until the end of last occurrence match

Hi, i have file file.txt with data like: START 03:11:30 a 03:11:40 b END START 03:13:30 eee 03:13:35 fff END jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj START 03:14:30 eee 03:15:30 fff END ggggggggggg iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I want the below output START (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jyotshna
13 Replies
Package::Pkg(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Package::Pkg(3pm)

NAME
Package::Pkg - Handy package munging utilities VERSION
version 0.0020 SYNOPSIS
First, import a new keyword: "pkg" use Package::Pkg; Package name formation: pkg->name( 'Xy', 'A' ) # Xy::A pkg->name( $object, qw/ Cfg / ); # (ref $object)::Cfg Subroutine installation: pkg->install( sub { ... } => 'MyPackage::myfunction' ); # myfunction in MyPackage is now useable MyPackage->myfunction( ... ); Subroutine exporting: package MyPackage; use Package::Pkg; sub this { ... } # Setup an exporter (literally sub import { ... }) for # MyPackage, exporting 'this' and 'that' pkg->export( that => sub { ... }, 'this' ); package main; use MyPackage; this( ... ); that( ... ); DESCRIPTION
Package::Pkg is a collection of useful, miscellaneous package-munging utilities. Functionality is accessed via the imported "pkg" keyword, although you can also invoke functions directly from the package ("Package::Pkg") USAGE
pkg->install( ... ) Install a subroutine, similar to Sub::Install This method takes a number of parameters and also has a two- and three-argument form (see below) # Install an anonymous subroutine as Banana::magic pkg->install( code => sub { ... } , as => 'Banana::magic' ) pkg->install( code => sub { ... } , into => 'Banana::magic' ) # Bzzzt! Throws an error! # Install the subroutine Apple::xyzzy as Banana::magic pkg->install( code => 'Apple::xyzzy', as => 'Banana::magic' ) pkg->install( code => 'Apple::xyzzy', into => 'Banana', as => 'magic' ) pkg->install( from => 'Apple', code => 'xyzzy', as => 'Banana::magic' ) pkg->install( from => 'Apple', code => 'xyzzy', into => 'Banana', as => 'magic' ) # Install the subroutine Apple::xyzzy as Banana::xyzzy pkg->install( code => 'Apple::xyzzy', as => 'Banana::xyzzy' ) pkg->install( code => 'Apple::xyzzy', into => 'Banana' ) pkg->install( from => 'Apple', code => 'xyzzy', as => 'Banana::xyzzy' ) pkg->install( from => 'Apple', code => 'xyzzy', into => 'Banana' ) With implicit "from" (via "caller()") package Apple; sub xyzzy { ... } # Install the subroutine Apple::xyzzy as Banana::xyzzy pkg->install( code => 'xyzzy', as => 'Banana::xyzzy' ) # 'from' is implicitly 'Apple' pkg->install( code => &xyzzy, as => 'Banana::xyzzy' ) Acceptable parameters are: code A subroutine reference, A package-with-name identifier, or The name of a subroutine in the calling package from (optional) A package identifier If :code is an identifier, then :from is the package where the subroutine can be found If :code is an identifier and :from is not given, then :from is assumed to be the calling package (via caller()) as The name of the subroutine to install as. Can be a simple name (when paired with :into) or a full package-with-name into (optional) A package identifier If :as is given, then the full name of the installed subroutine is (:into)::(:as) If :as is not given and we can derive a simple name from :code (It is a package-with-name identifier), then :as will be the name identifier part of :code pkg->install( $code => $as ) This is the two-argument form of subroutine installation Install $code subroutine as $as pkg->install( sub { ... } => 'Banana::xyzzy' ) pkg->install( 'Scalar::Util::blessed' => 'Banana::xyzzy' ) pkg->install( 'Scalar::Util::blessed' => 'Banana::' ) pkg->install( sub { ... } => 'Banana::' ) # Bzzzt! Throws an error! $code should be: o A CODE reference sub { ... } o A package-with-name identifier Scalar::Util::blessed o The name of a subroutine in the calling package sub xyzzy { ... } pkg->install( 'xyzzy' => ... ) $as should be: o A package-with-name identifier Acme::Xyzzy::magic o A package identifier (with a trailing ::) Acme::Xyzzy:: pkg->install( $code => $into, $as ) This is the three-argument form of subroutine installation pkg->install( sub { ... } => 'Banana', 'xyzzy' ) pkg->install( sub { ... } => 'Banana::', 'xyzzy' ) pkg->install( 'Scalar::Util::blessed' => 'Banana', 'xyzzy' ) pkg->install( 'Scalar::Util::blessed' => 'Banana::', 'xyzzy' ) $code can be the same as the two argument form $into should be: o A package identifier (trailing :: is optional) Acme::Xyzzy:: Acme::Xyzzy $as should be: o A name (the name of the subroutine) xyzzy magic $package = pkg->name( $part, [ $part, ..., $part ] ) Return a namespace composed by joining each $part with "::" Superfluous/redundant "::" are automatically cleaned up and stripped from the resulting $package If the first part leads with a "::", the the calling package will be prepended to $package pkg->name( 'Xy', 'A::', '::B' ) # Xy::A::B pkg->name( 'Xy', 'A::' ) # Xy::A:: { package Zy; pkg->name( '::', 'A::', '::B' ) # Zy::A::B pkg->name( '::Xy::A::B' ) # Zy::Xy::A::B } In addition, if any part is blessed, "name" will resolve that part to the package that the part makes reference to: my $object = bless {}, 'Xyzzy'; pkg->name( $object, qw/ Cfg / ); # Xyzzy::Cfg SEE ALSO
Sub::Install Sub::Exporter AUTHOR
Robert Krimen <robertkrimen@gmail.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Robert Krimen. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-15 Package::Pkg(3pm)