Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris creating link for a file of remote server Post 302322112 by sanjay1979 on Tuesday 2nd of June 2009 11:23:53 PM
Old 06-03-2009
jlliagre, I am using Solaris on both servers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a file on remote directory using sftp

Hi, My requirement is to sftp a file from one server to another.After the file is completely transferrred, i should be able to create a text(dummy) file on the remote directory. How could this be accomplished. Any suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borncrazy
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove the thread thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove this thread. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP:error while creating folders on remote server

Hi, I am trying to create some folders on remote server with SFTP connection. if the folder is exist then it is not executing the next commands. i.e. if temp/folder is exist then it it not executing mkdir $folder1 mkdir $folder2 commands. here is my code. sftp -b /dev/fd/0 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vgs
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a variable in remote server

Can anyone help how to create a variable in remote server using shell script. i am connecting to remote server through ssh and creating a variable and assigning the value, but nothing is displayed when i run the script Here is my script ssh hostname <<EOF a=10 echo $a EOF (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahul12341984
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file in remote server from local server?

hi, can anyone tell me how can i store the names of a file that are in remote server to a file and then get the file that contains the name in local server? there is a remote server where 5 files are present , say a.txt b.txt c.txt d.txt e.txt i want to write a script in my local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using rsync --link-dest pointing to a remote server

Ok, I'm trying to figure out how to reference a remote file using the rsync --link-dest parameter. Here is the code I have so far: # # FILESERVER INCREMENTAL BACKUP SCRIPT # # Remove previous log file rm /usr/local/bin/rsync-incremental.log # Set daily variables DAY0=`date -I`... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orionizer
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
CATDIC(1)						      General Commands Manual							 CATDIC(1)

NAME
catdic - Download a dictionary SYNOPSIS
catdic [{-cs|-cannaserver} canna-server] [-i|-u user-name] remote-dic [-l local-file] DESCRIPTION
catdic downloads a dictionary file to the current directory. The file downloaded is a dictionary file the dictionary name of which is remote-dic. It is in the user dictionary directory of the machine on which cannaserver(1M) is in operation. (Hereafter, this machine is called the remote host.) OPTIONS
-cs canna-server (or -cannaserver canna-server) Specifies the name of the server machine that contains a dictionary to be downloaded. -i Downloads the system dictionary. -u user-name Specifies the user name. Another user's dictionary can be referenced by this user name. -l local-file local-file is the dictionary file name. If it is omitted, the standard output will be assumed. EXAMPLES
% catdic test Outputs the contents of dictionary file ``test'' on the remote host, to the standard output. % catdic test -l test2.t Downloads dictionary file ``test'' on the remote host to current directory file ``test2.t''. SEE ALSO
cannaserver(1M), lsdic(1), mkdic(1) CATDIC(1)