Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Confused maybe about MySQL Dump & PHP Post 302322081 by jzacsh on Tuesday 2nd of June 2009 06:27:09 PM
Old 06-02-2009
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by otheus
1. change sql_bDir to $PWD/sql_pickup/ so we can see where at actually outputs.
2. for testing, turn off compression and skip the dd command... output directly to the file.
okay, done. didn't seem to make a difference Smilie (the file still comes out 0 B, just uncompressed)

test.php output:
Code:

# BEGINNING DATABASE BACKUP PORTION:
Checking if sql backup landing directory exists: ./sql_pickup/
Directory to receive database backup exists

The Shopping Cart's database backup will be: ./sql_pickup/SQLBackUp_Tuesday
Note: If the main backup is backing up the root directory, you do not need to separately download the database backup.

source of dbackup.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh

sql_bName=SQLBackUp_$(date +%A)
mysqldump -u jzacsh_jzacsh -p wordpres --single-transaction jzacsh_jzwp  > $PWD/sql_pickup/$sql_bName

actually... just in posting that ^ I realized I haven't checked:
echo $SHELL

...it returned
/usr/local/cpanel/bin/noshell

i'm guessing that means I can't run things properly? (I'm not sure, I obviously had a shell to output a file with and everything... I just wasn't successful in outputting a GOOD file)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux/Unix/PHP/MySQL & servers?

Hello everyone! First I would like to say that I am very glad that I found this forum, and by some of the posts I have viewed, I see that I can learn a lot from you all! Secondly, I know next to nothing about Linux/Unix (gotta learn sometime right?) and need some assistance. I am a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kolton
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PHP & Apache & MySQL install how-to ?

how do i install php & mysql with apache on suse linux ??? apache was installed and configured when i installed linux. all its files are in different folders. e.g http files in usr/local/httpd/htdocs/ and its configs are in etc/httpd/ so how do i install php and get it to work with apache and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP & MySQL: sort desending and print

How do i get php to sort the times in a table and print order desending. eg: in the table i have: 02:60.00 02:70.00 02:20.00 02:50.00 in that order in a table how do i get php & mysql to print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

restore mysql dump file in many remote servers?

Hi all, I want to restore DB file in many mysql servers, i already using script for sending the dumpfile in all servers, but it's just annoying if i have to restore the dumpfile in all servers, i want just execute 1 script, and will restore in all remote mysql servers. I make script but not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to break mysql dump sql file

Hi folks I have mysql dump which having insert queries, i want to break that file when 10 complete "INSERTS" lines so extract that line and store in 1.sql and 2.sql and for next 10 insert lines. pls guide me how can i do that. Regards, Bash (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

6. Web Development

[php] webpage with login & mysql-db

Hi all, What I was looking for before was a multi-user password manager, web-based! The offer of free or cheap tools of this kind is very pover. Or they are too complex (or too expensive) I'm not a web programmer but I now decided to set up a (php) website with login and based on this login... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibautp
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't add variable to file name in mySQL dump script

I have a script (below) which works ok, but I have tried to modify it as I want to keep the older files for a restore if needed. I have tried adding a date suffix to the newly created files (second lump of code), but it doesn't seem to work. I get the error: $SOURCEDIR/p1db_$DATEVAR.sql:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ojobson
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create mysql database with bash script - confused

Hi, i have the following: db="create database xxx;GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON xxx.* TO user@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password';FLUSH PRIVILEGES;quit;" mysql -u root -p$mysql_pass -e "$db" I don't understand why this is failing, it works fine when run from cmd but when is run in a bash script,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ktm
1 Replies
nisbackup(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     nisbackup(1M)

NAME
nisbackup - backup NIS+ directories SYNOPSIS
nisbackup [-v] backup-dir directory... nisbackup [-v] -a backup-dir DESCRIPTION
nisbackup backs up a NIS+ directory object on a NIS+ master server. Updates to the NIS+ database will be temporarily disabled while nis- backup is running. The backup-dir is a UNIX directory that must exist prior to running nisbackup. The nisbackup command can be used to backup an individual NIS+ directory object or all ( -a) of the NIS+ directory objects served by a master server. The NIS+ directory objects being backed up will be placed into subdirectories under the backup-dir directory. These subdirectories are named according to the NIS+ directory object they contain. nisbackup operates on individual NIS+ directory objects (for example, org_dir.wiz.com). This allows an administrator to selectively backup specific directories. The rpc.nisd(1M) process must be running on the master server with a stable NIS+ database for nisbackup to complete. nisbackup will not attempt to correct any corruption in the NIS+ database, so it is important that backups be done regularly as part of the NIS+ administra- tion. The first synopsis is used to backup a single NIS+ directory object or a list of NIS+ directory objects. The objects can be partially qual- ified or fully qualified. The machine on which the command is executing must be the master for the NIS+ directory objects specified. The second synopsis will backup all of the NIS+ directory objects that are served by this master. The -a option is the recommended method of backing up a master server, since it will backup all NIS+ directory objects that are served by this master. If this server is a master server for more than one domain, the backup will include NIS+ directories that belong to all of the domains served. Individual NIS+ direc- tory objects can be selected for restoring from a backup-dir created with the -a option. See nisrestore(1M). The -a option only includes directory objects for which this server is the master. It is possible, but not recommended, to configure a master server as a replica for other domains. The objects belonging to those replicated domains will not be backed up with the -a option. The backup of replicated objects must be run on the master server for those objects. Do not use the same backup-dir to backup different master servers. Each master server must have its own backup-dir. nisbackup will set the rpc.nisd(1M) to read only mode, which will disable updates to the NIS+ database. This is neccessary to ensure the consistency of the backup. For this reason, nisbackup should not be run while large numbers of updates are being applied to the NIS+ data- base. Update utilities such as nisaddent(1M) should not be run simultaneously with nisbackup. OPTIONS
-a Creates a backup of all NIS+ directory objects for which this server is a master. -v Verbose option. Additional output will be produced and sent to syslog(3C) upon execution of the command (see syslog.conf(4)). OPERANDS
backup-dir The directory into which the subdirectories containing the backed up objects are placed. This must be created prior to running nisbackup. directory The NIS+ directory object(s) being backed up. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Backup of the org_dir NIS+ directory object of the domain foo.com on a master server to a directory named /backup To backup the org_dir NIS+ directory object of the domain foo.com on a master server to a directory named /backup: master_server# nisbackup /backup org_dir.foo.com. Example 2: Backup of the entire NIS+ domain foo.com to a directory named /backup To backup the entire NIS+ domain foo.com to a directory named /backup: master_server# nisbackup /backup foo.com. org_dir.foo.com. groups_dir.foo.com. ctx_dir.foo.com. Example 3: Backup of an entire NIS+ database to a backup directory named /backup To backup an entire NIS+ database to a backup directory named /backup: master_server# nisbackup -a /backup EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. FILES
/backup-dir/backup_list This ascii file contains a list of all the objects contained in this backup-dir directory. /backup-dir/directory-object A subdirectory that is created in the backup-dir that contains the NIS+ directory-object backup. /backup-dir/directory-object/data A subdirectory that contains the data files that are part of the NIS+ directory-object backup. /backup-dir/directory-object/last.upd This data file contains timestamp information about the directory-object. /backup-dir/directory-object/data.dict A NIS+ data dictionary for all of the objects contained in the NIS+ directory-object backup. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis+(1), nisdefaults(1), nisrm(1), nisrestore(1M), rpc.nisd(1M), syslog(3C), nisfiles(4), syslog.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2001 nisbackup(1M)