Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How do I know to which storage I am connected Post 302322037 by nivaspIND on Tuesday 2nd of June 2009 03:45:49 PM
Old 06-02-2009
How do I know to which storage I am connected

Hello everyone.

We have a environment where we have DS8K storage and ES800 storage, the way to check to which storage the box is connected is using the LUN ID I get frm " pcmpath query device " command.

for ex:

75CXX - DS8K storage
26860 - ES 800 Storage

I was told to check this way to find onto which storage u r connected, my question is there a command which gives us the info onto which type of storage we are connected to.... In my case its IBM storage all the way what if the storage is Hitachi or Brocade or EMC ...etc..how do I knw...

Rgds,
nivas

acl_init(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       acl_init(3)

NAME
acl_init - Allocate and initialize ACL internal working storage LIBRARY
Security Library (libpacl.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/acl.h> acl_t acl_init( const size_t size); PARAMETERS
Specifies the size of the working storage in bytes. DESCRIPTION
NOTE: This function is based on Draft 13 of the POSIX P1003.6 standard. The acl_init() function allocates and initializes working storage for an ACL of at least size bytes. A pointer to the working storage is returned. When the area is first allocated, it contains a ACL that has no ACL entries. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the acl_init() function returns a pointer to the working storage. Otherwise, a NULL pointer is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If any of the following conditions occur, the acl_init() function returns a value of NULL and sets errno to the corresponding value: The acl_t to be returned requires more memory than allowed by the hardware or system-imposed memory management constraints. The function is not supported by the implementation. RELATED INFORMATION
acl_add_perm(3), acl_clear_perm(3), acl_create_entry(3), acl_free(3) Security delim off acl_init(3)