Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tcl: Outputting Unix console without Buffering Post 302321985 by Phi01 on Tuesday 2nd of June 2009 01:08:46 PM
Old 06-02-2009
Tcl: Outputting Unix console without Buffering

Hi,

I'm have a tcl application using expect. The application is connecting to a unix box and is running a script. What i need my app to do is show the output of the console as the script runs in realtime. At the moment, it my app is waiting until the script finishes and then dumps what is buffered.
Can someone help me get it working in realtime.
Here is the code i have so far:

Code:
.msg.box delete 1.0 end
    .msg.box insert end "Please Wait...\n"
    spawn ssh -q user@server /home/user/Scripts/test/20R-Start
    expect eof { .msg.box insert end $expect_out(buffer) }

As you can see, it runs the script, uses expect to buffer then outputs when finished.
Is there a way to get it to output to .msg.box in realtime, maybe use stdout??

Thanks,
Phil.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Buffering during playing

Hello! Will someone out there pls help in clearifying what is really wrong with my system. I use window 98 as my operating system. I am connected to a proxy server for browsing the net. Whenever l am listening to music online l have the problem of intermitted break in which the playing will... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

2. Solaris

Question about pipes in solaris (and others) and buffering....

This is weird, so I'm hoping someone here knows solaris and how it handles pipes... OK... here goes... Theres this log file, right? I want to tail -f it, grep that, gzip that, then pipe that into more commands. Well thats easy, right? tail -f file | grep pattern | gzip | otherstuff... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sannik
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with diff and tcl scripts freaking out unix

running solaris 2.5.1 on a sparc5, with less than 12 users runnign compilers, gui's, really not a heavy load on it however, sometimes, not always, when users run diff, or sdiff or a .tcl script, the computer locks up. One time right before everything froze, I noticed in top, that the sdiff process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
2 Replies

4. Programming

Outputting a VMS quadword time in UNIX

I am writing a C program under UNIX which needs to write out a VMS quadword time for the current time (to a file) This quadword is the number of 100 nanoseconds since 1858. I know I can easily get the time in secs since 1970 in UNIX/C. The problem is how to multiply by a rather large number... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davebrown
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can perform zip or unzip at unix console

how can perfrom zip or unzip for bulk of files at unix console can anybody tell that command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmraochodisetti
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Discussion on buffering of standard I/O library

Hi, There are three type of buffering: Fully buffered,line buffered,and unbuffered. The goal of the buffering provided by the standard I/O library is to use the minimum number of read and write calls. I understand that decrease write() calls when use output function output data to a file ,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Edward114
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can we build a tool for Windows to retrieve data from UNIX servers (putty console)

Hi Friends, Is it possible to build a windows tool ( a java applet maybe? ) which can retrieve data and display after performing certain commands on unix servers ( simple grep / script output) after logging into putty console. I am on a company server so please bear that in mind. I might have... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
23 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting piped input from a program that's buffering it's stdout

The old buffering problem again, in a very specific case. On FreeBSD this time, but it's the generic line-buffered vs fully-buffered problem. I'm trying to pick an available bluetooth speaker (all named audio_N), by pinging all of them en mass and taking the first to respond. The... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha Nurmela
10 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help with AT&T UNIX SYSTEM V Version 4 Console Login

Hello I install AT&T UNIX System V Release 4 Version 2.1 (3.5) on Emulator Bochs 2.6.8 here I done with all Base .img file upload after uploading 10 the base img file System take restart and after that System ask for console Login. which is as root and password set by me. But it will NOT allow... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Nalange
7 Replies
GLSCISSOR(3G)															     GLSCISSOR(3G)

NAME
glScissor - define the scissor box C SPECIFICATION
void glScissor( GLint x, GLint y, GLsizei width, GLsizei height ) PARAMETERS
x, y Specify the lower left corner of the scissor box. Initially (0, 0). width, height Specify the width and height of the scissor box. When a GL context is first attached to a window, width and height are set to the dimensions of that window. DESCRIPTION
glScissor defines a rectangle, called the scissor box, in window coordinates. The first two arguments, x and y, specify the lower left corner of the box. width and height specify the width and height of the box. To enable and disable the scissor test, call glEnable and glDisable with argument GL_SCISSOR_TEST. The test is initially disabled. While the test is enabled, only pixels that lie within the scissor box can be modified by drawing commands. Window coordinates have integer val- ues at the shared corners of frame buffer pixels. glScissor(0,0,1,1) allows modification of only the lower left pixel in the window, and glScissor(0,0,0,0) doesn't allow modification of any pixels in the window. When the scissor test is disabled, it is as though the scissor box includes the entire window. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if either width or height is negative. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glScissor is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_SCISSOR_BOX glIsEnabled with argument GL_SCISSOR_TEST SEE ALSO
glEnable(3G), glViewport(3G) GLSCISSOR(3G)