Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix commands failing inside the shell script Post 302321835 by esha on Tuesday 2nd of June 2009 08:06:30 AM
Old 06-02-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyadhar85
thats because there is not enough space in
/var/tmp area as sort by default sort uses /var/tmp area
mention directory where you have more than 22GB area with sort command
Code:
sort -T directorypath -u -t "," -k1,1 a.csv > a.csv.uniq

i changed the code to

sort -T /home/esha/tmp/ -u -t "," -k1,1 a.csv > a.csv.uniq
sort -T /home/esha/tmp/ -u -t "," -k1,1 b.csv > b.csv.uniq

and I have abt 120GB free. But still the problem is occurs...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing UNIX commands inside sed

Hi, In sed, is it possible to match patterns by directly executing UNIX commands inside sed? For e.g. - sed "s/`cat file.txt | cut -d "|" -f2`/replace_string" Will the above command work? My expectation is to search for the second field in file.txt (file delimited by | ) and replace... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: devanathann
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ftp commands inside shell script? Help please

Dears, I'm new in shell scripting and i need your help, i would like to know how can i create a script to ftp to a certain unix/linux machine/server IP address and get a file for example without user intervention? How can i force the script to use a certain username and password to access this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dendany83
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Serializing script Failing for more commands

I have a reqirement to serialise various rsh scripts that hit my server from an external scheduler. No matter how many scripts come via rsh, only one should execute at a time and others should wait. I have made the scheduler make a request to my shell script with the command to be run as a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkamatam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while using sqlplus command inside 'if' condition in an unix shell script

Hi all, I am using the below given sqlplus command in my unix script to invoke a stored procedure which returns a value .It works fine. RET_CODE=$(/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0.4.CL/bin/sqlplus -S $USER/$PASSWD@$DB_NAME <<EOF EXEC MY_PKG.MY_SP (:COUNT); PRINT COUNT; commit; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shri123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help embedding Unix commands in a shell script

Hi Folks, I have a text file which may or may not have any data. I would like to email the file, via a Korn shell script, if the file is not empty. I am fiddling around with the wc -l command, but no luck so far. The pseudo code is as follows count=`wc -l test.txt` if cat test.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogers42
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File operations are failing inside the script

Hi, does any one know the environmental parameter that I have to set so as to make sure the file operations run properly within the script. right now when I am doing a cat from within the script nothing happens, same is the case when I do a grep. when I am doing awk '{print $0 }' its printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

RMAN commands inside crontab shell script

Hello I'm trying to write simple script to delete archive logs for RMAN, unfortunately it's not working, I tried two way to do that: #!/bin/ksh echo "Start ....." rman target=/ << EOF RUN { delete force noprompt archivelog until time 'sysdate-10'; } EXIT; EOF echo "END ..." echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script with mutiple steps/commands, on UNIX servers

Hi, I wrote a simple script, which will call other scripts or run commands on a UNIX server. my script has multiple steps/commands with some delay in between. I usually get some email notifications after the successful execution of each step. **My intention is to get email alerts when it is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Usage of shell commands inside a C program

Hi I have a program int main(int srgc, char *argv) { for(int i=1; i<50; i++) { system("dd if=/dev/zero of=file$i bs=1024 count=$i"); } return 0; } My doubt is how to use the "$i" value inside C code Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD