Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy files based on modification date Post 302321787 by panyam on Tuesday 2nd of June 2009 06:11:24 AM
Old 06-02-2009
May not be robust but will resolve the issue. Assuming that all files are of the current year. Modify a bit to handle files created long back. Take care of the Paths , where you want to create the destination directory and all.

Code:
TESTING>cat mon.txt
Jan,01
Feb,02
Mar,03
Apr,04
May,05
Jun,06
Jul,07
Aug,08
Sep,09
Oct,10
Nov,11
Dec,12

script :

Code:
for i in `ls -l | grep "^-" |  awk '{ print $6 "," $9}'`
do
mon=`echo $i | awk -F"," '{print $1}'`
File=`echo $i | awk -F"," '{print $2}'`
moninnum=`awk -F"," -v mm=$mon '{ if ($1==mm) print $2}' mon.txt`

if [ -d "09"${moninnum} ];then
cp  -p  $File "09"${moninnum}
else
mkdir  "09"${moninnum}
cp -p $File "09"${moninnum}
fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the file or files with last modification date

hi. I need help my programing friends :p I need to list all the files with a certain name (for example FileName) by last modification date but only the one with the last date. If there are two files with the same name and same modification date it should print the both. For example in this set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KitFisto
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with sorting files according to modification date

Hi, I was very surprised to not be able to find an answer to this question despite my best efforts in Google and elsewhere. Maybe it's a good thing as it forced me to finally become a member in this great forum that i use frequently. Ok my question: I want to be able to sort files inside a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stavros
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on date

Hi all i am having so many files in my directory.Is there any option to copy files based on date. example i am having file this -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 abc -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 bnw -rwxrwxr-x 1 ram user 21122 Feb 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename old files with last modification date

Hi everyone, I have files like file1_Mod.txt, file2_Mod.txt. I want to rename the old files with the last modification date. I write the below script to rename with current date, but I donīt know how to use "date -r" to get the last modification date with the same format I have below... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list the files based on the modification time using the find command?

Hi All, I need to list the files based modification time of the files from a directory, I cannot use "ls -t" as there are lot of files, which "ls" command cannot handle. New files will land there daily. So iam looking for an alternative through "find"command. All suggestions are welcomed. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on last created date

Hi, I have a requirement to copy files from a windows network drive to a Linux server using shell script based on the last created date. Ex: FileName CreatedDate/Time F1 05-01-2012 3:00 PM F2 05-01-2012 3:15 PM F3 05-01-2012 2:00 PM When i run the shell script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lee_10
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files from one directory to another based on creation/modification date

Hi All, Really stuck up with a requirement where I need to move a file (Lets say date_Employee.txt--the date will have different date values like 20120612/20120613 etc) from one directory to another based on creation/modification dates. While visiting couple of posts, i could see we can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and copy files based on todays date and search for a particular string

Hi All, I am new to shell srcipting. Problem : I need to write a script which copy the log files from /prod/logs directory based on todays date like (Jul 17) and place it to /home/hzjnr0 directory and then search the copied logfiles for the string "@ending successfully on Thu Jul 17". If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail.chiranjit
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy log based on from-date and to-date

Hi all, i go a customer support requirement where i need to scan several files based on from/to date like 1-oct to 2-oct please help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbhiJ
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and move multiple files by modification date

Hi I have a problem, I have a large group of archive files in a folder some are later versions of the same archive, the only difference btween them is that the archiving program we use appends the name with a code for it to keep track of in its data base, and the modification date. I am starting... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
6 Replies
Calendar::Simple(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Calendar::Simple(3pm)

NAME
Calendar::Simple - Perl extension to create simple calendars SYNOPSIS
use Calendar::Simple; my @curr = calendar; # get current month my @this_sept = calendar(9); # get 9th month of current year my @sept_2002 = calendar(9, 2002); # get 9th month of 2002 my @monday = calendar(9, 2002, 1); # get 9th month of 2002, # weeks start on Monday my @span = date_span(mon => 10, # returns span of dates year => 2006, begin => 15, end => 28); DESCRIPTION
A very simple module that exports one function called "calendar". calendar This function returns a data structure representing the dates in a month. The data structure returned is an array of array references. The first level array represents the weeks in the month. The second level array contains the actual days. By default, each week starts on a Sunday and the value in the array is the date of that day. Any days at the beginning of the first week or the end of the last week that are from the previous or next month have the value "undef". If the month or year parameters are omitted then the current month or year are assumed. A third, optional parameter, start_day, allows you to set the day each week starts with, with the same values as localtime sets for wday (namely, 0 for Sunday, 1 for Monday and so on). date_span This function returns a cur-down version of a month data structure which begins and ends on dates other than the first and last dates of the month. Any weeks that fall completely outside of the date range are removed from the structure and any days within the remaining weeks that fall outside of the date range are set to "undef". As there are a number of parameters to this function, they are passed using a named parameter interface. The parameters are as follows: year The required year. Defaults to the current year if omitted. mon The required month. Defaults to the current month if omitted. begin The first day of the required span. Defaults to the first if omitted. end The last day of the required span. Defaults to the last day of the month if omitted. start_day Indicates the day of the week that each week starts with. This takes the same values as the optional third parameter to "calendar". The default is 0 (for Sunday). This function isn't exported by default, so in order to use it in your program you need to use the module like this: use Calendar::Simple 'date_span'; EXAMPLE A simple "cal" replacement would therefore look like this: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Calendar::Simple; my @months = qw(January February March April May June July August September October November December); my $mon = shift || (localtime)[4] + 1; my $yr = shift || (localtime)[5] + 1900; my @month = calendar($mon, $yr); print " $months[$mon -1] $yr "; print "Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa "; foreach (@month) { print map { $_ ? sprintf "%2d ", $_ : ' ' } @$_; print " "; } A version of this example, called "pcal", is installed when you install this module. Date Range This module will make use of DateTime.pm if it is installed. By using DateTime.pm it can use any date that DateTime can represent. If DateTime is not installed it uses Perl's built-in date handling and therefore can't deal with dates before 1970 and it will also have problems with dates after 2038 on a 32-bit machine. EXPORT "calendar" AUTHOR
Dave Cross <dave@mag-sol.com> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
With thanks to Paul Mison <cpan@husk.org> for the start day patch. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2008, Magnum Solutions Ltd. All Rights Reserved. LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, localtime, DateTime perl v5.10.1 2010-04-02 Calendar::Simple(3pm)