Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers where is unix-screen-binary path location Post 302321717 by pludi on Tuesday 2nd of June 2009 01:52:08 AM
Old 06-02-2009
Which OS and version? Depending on that it could be in
  • /usr/bin
  • /usr/local/bin
  • /usr/contrib/bin
Use find/locate/... to check those locations. But since man can't find an entry for it I'd think it's not installed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Start-up file location

I would like to know where to find the start-up sequence for UNIX. I would like to find the command that starts the database up and do not know where to look and I'm sure there is a file that contains this info. Where is it??? Thanks in advance. Dave. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveo61
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix dictionary location

ne1 know where unixs built in dictionary is??? is it in this place /usr/dict/words????? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sinner
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Binary and hex in unix

not much familiar with binary and hex calculation in script programming.... explaination: binary format control the parameter turned on or off in the program stored in hex mode, the question is: how to change 39e to 19e using the binary calculation(although i don't know the command for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trynew
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync building file list/catalog path/location

Where is the file list created by rsync when it says building file list ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GNU Screen - viewing hardcopy (binary)

I generate a hardcopy (C-a h) of an ncurses screen which has some formatting on it (boxes, highlights). If I "cat" the file, i get only text. If I do a cat hardcopy.n | less , then i see a lot of control characters where the boxes are. most hardcopy.n shows me a hexdump of the file. less... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentinel
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

jre location PATH

How do you set the classpath for jre location....What are all the steps? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddhans
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix - Binary File

Hi All, I am newbie to this forum. I am also new to shell script world. I don't understand the below shell script. File Name: sendFile.sh #!/bin/bash # # This script invokes the Connect:Direct UNIX CLI # and submits a process inline to copy a file to a remote # node. # $1 is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

How to use chatr to change static library path in binary?

I have solved this but now cannot recall the syntax. I want to strip or change the hard wired library paths on binaries I download from a repository. I do not have root and just want a personal install, but would rather not build every tool. I even posted the solution here once for others, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGPickett
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to change the path location within the shell script?

Hi ALL, I am trying to find the installed tomcat version and location of the server.xml file to get the tomcat port number. Using below script to do that. #!/usr/bin/env bash var1=$(find / -name "version.sh" ! -size 0 2>&1 |egrep -v "tmp|docker") for loc1 in $var1 do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravani25
1 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh. Note that /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells may cause unexpected behavior (such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1)). FILES
/etc/shells lists shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.10 4 Jun 2001 shells(4)