Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Python script - control flow statements Post 302321362 by ghostdog74 on Monday 1st of June 2009 01:42:36 AM
Old 06-01-2009
put your Python code in code tags, not quote tags.
Code:
for line in open("file"):
    oline=line.strip()
    if j =="+" and i=="+":
        k,l,i,m,n,j=oline.split(",")
        if k<m and  l<m:
            print oline,",good"
        elif .....

if you are a beginner, you should go read the documentation. Read the tutorial and get familiarize with Python. From the way you write the code, i believe you haven't even look at the basics. (there is no need for open and close brackets in Python, except for functions/tuples)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to assign correct control flow?

how can i create a script with a correct control flow/loop(?) to provide output from 3 files? file1 one two three file2 yellow red orange file3 banana apples cantaloupes output file: one (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apalex
1 Replies

2. Programming

dilemma in control flow

hello im facing a queer problem when i execute the foll code in unix # include <stdio.h> # include <unistd.h> main(int argc,char *argv) { FILE *fp = fopen("/ras/chirag/fifotest/file.fifo","a"); int i=1; fprintf(fp,argv); printf("I SLEEP"); system("date"); for (i=0;i<50;i++)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tej.buch
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Disabling 802.3x flow control

I have a server I would like to disable 802.3x flow control on. The host is Linux (CentOS 4.4 x86_64 w/ 2.6.9-42.0.3.EL kernel,) and I'm using the ns83820 driver for the ethernet interface in question. I've tried looking at the driver parameters (modinfo ns83820) and using ethtool (ethtool -a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script should flow after ftp --Urgent

Hi everyone, The script actually does the ftp and gets the file to the local system. I want to do some manipulations for that file , But after doing ftp , script is not proceding and just a prompt is displayed . .... ftp code here...... .................... ............... echo "FTP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaakrishna
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with make sure shell script execute instruction in flow

Hi, I want to write a shell script to make sure all the instruction is executive in flow. eg. I want my shell script to run finish this two progress first: ./program input_file_1.txt > input_file_1.txt.out & ./program input_file_2.txt > input_file_2.txt.out & After then, only run the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edge_diners
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flow Control in CSH

hi , I am new to scripting, i have a doubt can any one pls solve it for me the code is not working set users = (user1 user2 user3) echo The users are echo $users echo Enter the USER NAME set USER_NAME = $< set i = 1; for ( i = 1; i <= $#users; i++ ) if ( $USER_NAME == $users )... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manju87
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup script using Korn Flow Control

I am wiping off the dust to my shell scipting days and had this question: I have this script that I have created, and cannot figure out where my flow control issue is within this script. #!/bin/ksh #Basic script to backup server #Home directories to the external ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with control flow in a Bash script

In my bash script I want to say "if argument 2 is anything except x, y or z, than echo this" (x y and z being words). So my script looks like this: if ] then echo "unrecognized input: $2" fi This usually works but than I also want to say "if argument 2 IS x, y, or z, but argument 4 is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jrodicon
4 Replies

9. Programming

Python Conditional Statements Based on Success of Last Command

In shell scripting, I can create a conditional statement based on the success or failure (exit status)of a command such as: pinger() { ping -c 2 $remote_host >/dev/null 2>&1 ping_stat=$? } pinger if ]; then echo "blahblahblah" exit 0 fi how is this done using Python using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Flow control state changed in server logs

Hi, We observe below logs from switch - the database servers rebooted becaause they couldn't do I/O on vfiler -Any pointers looking at below logs please? Switch logs: 2016 Apr 30 07:41:16.729 EAG-ECOM-POD111GPU-SWF1 %ETHPORT-5-IF_DOWN_LINK_FAILURE: Interface Ethernet152/1/8 is down (Link... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
0 Replies
PYTHON-CONFIG(1)					      General Commands Manual						  PYTHON-CONFIG(1)

NAME
python-config - output build options for python C/C++ extensions or embedding SYNOPSIS
python-config [ --prefix ] [ --exec-prefix ] [ --includes ] [ --libs ] [ --cflags ] [ --ldflags ] [ --help ] DESCRIPTION
python-config helps compiling and linking programs, which embed the Python interpreter, or extension modules that can be loaded dynamically (at run time) into the interpreter. OPTIONS
--cflags print the C compiler flags. --ldflags print the flags that should be passed to the linker. --includes similar to --cflags but only with -I options (path to python header files). --libs similar to --ldflags but only with -l options (used libraries). --prefix prints the prefix (base directory) under which python can be found. --exec-prefix print the prefix used for executable program directories (such as bin, sbin, etc). --help print the usage message. EXAMPLES
To build the singe-file c program prog against the python library, use gcc $(python-config --cflags --ldflags) progr.cpp -o progr.cpp The same in a makefile: CFLAGS+=$(shell python-config --cflags) LDFLAGS+=$(shell python-config --ldflags) all: progr To build a dynamically loadable python module, use gcc $(python-config --cflags --ldflags) -shared -fPIC progr.cpp -o progr.so SEE ALSO
python (1) http://docs.python.org/extending/extending.html /usr/share/doc/python/faq/extending.html AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Johann Felix Soden <johfel@gmx.de> for the Debian project (and may be used by others). November 27, 2011 PYTHON-CONFIG(1)