Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Does locate works with other commands Post 302321361 by Spoiler on Monday 1st of June 2009 01:35:16 AM
Old 06-01-2009
im trying to understamd how tu use commands, and how to combine them.
thats all.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

not able to locate SSH

In our unix environment I'm not able to locate where ssh is located. can any one guide me in finding the location of this tool. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Equivalent to locate

Does Solaris 10 have an equivalent to FreeBSD's `locate'? If not, what is the best way to search for files (allowing regexp) throughout the system? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Russell
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command locate.

Hi, I am aware of the command locate/slocate. But when I try to search the file which is located in /tmp. Its not able to get it. I tried by updating the database also with the command updatedb. Is there any consern that the command 'locate' dont check /tmp??? And I knew that locate is the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
5 Replies

4. Linux

Help to locate the files

I m new to the linux environment.Help me with ur suggestions. How can i obtain the file names alone from ls -ltr output?? And those files should have been created before three months and earlier than that.. Thanks and wishes, Rupaa. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rupaa
8 Replies

5. AIX

Locate command

Hello to all, Can I use the "locate" command on AIX 5.3 like on Linux. If yes what packages should I install and where can I find them. Thanks, Enid (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: enux
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Usage of locate

Hi The locate command searches the pattern in all the directories. How can i make it look in for a specific directory because i know the directory in which the file exists. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2002anand
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

files having Script which works behind "who" & "w" commands

Dear All, plz print the path of files which have the script of "who" & "w" commands. thnx in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC

my os details as follow bash-3.2$ cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.8 (Tikanga) I run the following and encounter the following error bash-3.2$ mysqlhotcopy -? Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP! I want to locate only dir and tar.gz

I making a script to restore apache from a configuration_backup tar. For now i want at the beginning of the script that you can make a choice to choose one of the configuration_backup tars. I use this code now: `locate /restore/configuration/configuration_backup*` But if i use this i get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dannyvdberg
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Expect scripting issue, works interactively when doing commands in cli, does not work in script

Hi; problem may be obvious, simple but I have to say it is somehow not easy to locate the issue. I am doing some word extracting from multiline text. Interacting in CLI seems to work without issues. First step is to add multiline text to a variable. expect1.1> expect1.1> set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowski
2 Replies
BOS_LISTUSERS(8)					       AFS Command Reference						  BOS_LISTUSERS(8)

NAME
bos_listusers - Lists the privileged users from the UserList file SYNOPSIS
bos listusers -server <machine name> [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] bos listu -s <machine name> [-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos listusers command lists the user names from the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the file server machine named by the -server argument. The users are authorized to issue privileged bos and vos commands. To edit the list of users, use the bos adduser and bos removeuser commands. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the server machine from which to display the UserList file. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8). For consistent performance in the cell, the output must be the same on every server machine. The bos adduser reference page explains how to keep the machines synchronized. -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output lists the user name of each user entitled to issue privileged bos and vos commands. EXAMPLES
The following example lists the users from UserList file on the machine "fs4.abc.com". % bos listusers fs4.abc.com SUsers are: pat smith jones terry PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
KeyFile(5), UserList(5), bos(8), bos_adduser(8), bos_removeuser(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_LISTUSERS(8)