Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Do You Sleep With Battery Powered Devices? Post 302321205 by Neo on Sunday 31st of May 2009 03:16:34 AM
Old 05-31-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
I have a clock that displays the time on the ceiling. It is also a pink noise generator and I usually program it for "rainstorm". It plugs into the wall so I guess that disqualifies it. Also, it stays on the nightstand, as would a remote control if I had one. Must the device literally share my bed to qualify?
Sleeping next to devices on the nightstand qualifies Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passthrough devices vs. named devices

I am having trouble understanding the difference between a passthrough device and a named device and when you would use one or the other to access equipment. As an example, we have a tape library and giving the command "camcontrol devlist" gives the following output: akx# camcontrol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thumper
1 Replies

2. SCO

COuld not telnet but server powered

Hi We are running SCO unixware 7.1.1. I am new to unix so hope someone can help. This morning no one could log into the unix server by ssh. Server could not be pinged but the server was powered. We could not also view the screen. We have to manually power it down and it came back up. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjsingh
0 Replies

3. Programming

SQL Powered Awk (SPAWK)

If anyone is interesting in using awk with MySQL databases, then I have some good news: I've developed a (shared) library, namely libspawk.so, using MySQL C API and GNU awk's extension feature. If you are using MySQL and you like awk, then you'll find very useful to use SPAWK module. Please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Panos1962
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping 'sleep' with my 'resleep' function (Resettable sleep)

This is a very crude attempt in Bash at something that I needed but didn't seem to find in the 'sleep' command. However, I would like to be able to do it without the need for the temp file. Please go easy on me if this is already possible in some other way: How many times have you used the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies
csx_Parse_CISTPL_BATTERY(9F)				   Kernel Functions for Drivers 			      csx_Parse_CISTPL_BATTERY(9F)

NAME
csx_Parse_CISTPL_BATTERY - parse the Battery Replacement Date tuple SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/pccard.h> int32_t csx_Parse_CISTPL_BATTERY(client_handle_t ch, tuple_t *tu, cistpl_battery_t *cb); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI Specific (Solaris DDI) PARAMETERS
ch Client handle returned from csx_RegisterClient(9F). tu Pointer to a tuple_t structure (see tuple(9S)) returned by a call to csx_GetFirstTuple(9F) or csx_GetNextTuple(9F). cb Pointer to a cistpl_battery_t structure which contains the parsed CISTPL_BATTERY tuple information upon return from this function. DESCRIPTION
This function parses the Battery Replacement Date tuple, CISTPL_BATTERY, into a form usable by PC Card drivers. The CISTPL_BATTERY tuple is an optional tuple which shall be present only in PC Cards with battery-backed storage. It indicates the date on which the battery was replaced, and the date on which the battery is expected to need replacement. Only one CISTPL_BATTERY tuple is allowed per PC Card. STRUCTURE MEMBERS
The structure members of cistpl_battery_t are: uint32_t rday; /* date battery last replaced */ uint32_t xday; /* date battery due for replacement */ The fields are defined as follows: rday This field indicates the date on which the battery was last replaced. xday This field indicates the date on which the battery should be replaced. RETURN VALUES
CS_SUCCESS Successful operation. CS_BAD_HANDLE Client handle is invalid. CS_UNKNOWN_TUPLE Parser does not know how to parse tuple. CS_NO_CARD No PC Card in socket. CS_NO_CIS No Card Information Structure (CIS) on PC Card. CS_UNSUPPORTED_FUNCTION No PCMCIA hardware installed. CONTEXT
This function may be called from user or kernel context. SEE ALSO
csx_GetFirstTuple(9F), csx_GetTupleData(9F), csx_RegisterClient(9F), csx_ValidateCIS(9F), tuple(9S) PC Card 95 Standard, PCMCIA/JEIDA SunOS 5.10 20 Dec 1996 csx_Parse_CISTPL_BATTERY(9F)