Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Select SQL Queries Option
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Select SQL Queries Option Post 302321120 by killboy on Saturday 30th of May 2009 08:43:20 AM
Old 05-30-2009
Thank you very much ,sir ....it works now Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL queries in background?

I have to query a DB2 database, and sometimes they take a long time to produce results. Can I run these queries in the background, and if so, where will the results appear? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpprial
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting select queries from script

Hi, I have a script in which a lot of sql queries are embedded ie,"Select .....;".My purpose is to document all the dml statements in the script along with the line number. I am thinking of writing a perlscript or by using awk/sed scripts for extracting all the 'select' statements/queries... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script for sql queries

Hi All, I have written 4 sql queries . Now I want to write one SHELL SCRIPTING program for all these queries... i.e 1.select * from head; 2. select * from detail; 3. delete from head; 4. delete from detail; Please let me know how to write a shell script... Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user71408
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested SQL queries within Shell script

Hi, Would someone know if I can fire nested sql queries in a shell script? Basically what I am trying to do is as follows: my_sql=$(sqlplus -s /nolog<<EOF|sed -e "s/Connected. *//g" connect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
2 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Insert data into sql queries from a file

Hello friends, I need to insert data from a file to another. I need this to form an sql query file which will consist of 50.000 INSERT INTO sentences. my sql query file will consist of 50.000 times the below line consecutively: insert into subscriber... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script (with sql queries) not working using cron

Hi all, I have script, which performing sql queries and put output into file. When I run this script manually, its working fine, but when I want to schedule it with cron I am getting errors... I defined LD_LYBRARY_PATH and ,but no result. After I defined it, I am getting error: # more... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code needed to get sql queries

Hi i need code to get sql queries through a shell script for a text file input which contain the service ids iputfile I-H-2048-10GB-M I-H-4096-12GB-M I-H-2048-p1000-M the code should contain below queries among which service_id is replacable with value from input file. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: surender reddy
4 Replies

8. AIX

Convert MS Access Queries to AIX SQL

Unix Team, I'm a recent college graduate entering in the " real world" and boy let me tell you it can quite challenging. I just got a job with a large fortune 50 company lets just say that my expectations and tasks have expanded since I first got hired. Last week I got assigned a pretty big... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: techstudent01
9 Replies

9. Programming

Join 2 SQL queries into one

Dear community, could someone help me to join 2 queries into one? Basically it's the same query with different clauses (please notice the FIELD3 filters and related counters into the subquery): SELECT A.FIELD1,A.FIELD2,A.FIELD3 FROM TABLE A INNER JOIN ( SELECT FIELD1,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies
pwd.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							      pwd.h(3HEAD)

NAME
pwd.h, pwd - password structure SYNOPSIS
#include <pwd.h> DESCRIPTION
The <pwd.h> header provides a definition for struct passwd, which includes the following members: char *pw_name user's login name uid_t pw_uid numerical user ID gid_t pw_gid numerical group ID char *pw_dir initial working di rectory char *pw_shell program to use as shell The gid_t and uid_t types are defined as described in <sys/types.h>. See types.h(3HEAD). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getpwnam(3C), types.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 pwd.h(3HEAD)