Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MYSQL Install on AIX
Operating Systems AIX MYSQL Install on AIX Post 302320970 by rmnv on Friday 29th of May 2009 12:39:46 PM
Old 05-29-2009
MYSQL Install on AIX

Hello All:

I've been asked to install mysql on AIX box and I have very little experience in UNIX. Does anybody have any step by step directions on installing MYSQL?

Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX - MySQL installation help

Hi, I'm facing troubles in installing MySQL on AIX 5.3. After I run make it's getting errors and exiting, few of the errors are pasted below. Please help me to install it succesfully. ld: 0711-235 WARNING: Archive member ../mysys/libmysys.a is not an object file or an import list.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishi
2 Replies

2. AIX

Install MySQL connector without local SQL database

Hello UNIX gurus, I need to install the mysql odbc connector with unixODBC on my AIX 5.3 machine. I have a mySQL database running on another server (Ubuntu 7.04). The SQL database works fine. The problem I am having is when trying to run ./configure for mysql-connector-odbc it seems to be looking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

3. Linux

make command problem with MySql install

Hi, hopefully someone can help me. I am trying to set up LAMP on Fedora 11 starting with MySql. I downloaded the mysql-5.1.40.tar.gz tarball and unpacked it all. This created the mysql-5.1.40 directory. Next I ran the ./configure command. Following this I ran the make command to compile but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patcom
2 Replies

4. AIX

Lots of page faults on AIX mySQL lpar

Hi, OS = AIX 5.3 Large number of page faults recently start to occure on AIX 5.3 lpar with mysql database installed. I need help in setting AIX OS parameter to solve the paging problem and some guidance on interpreting my stats t Code: # vmstat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crosys
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

I want to install/compile php with mysql.

I have removed php-5.1.6-27.el5 from our system. Because I installed it without mysql before. How can I install php together with mysql. # rpm -qa | grep mysql* libdbi-dbd-mysql-0.8.1a-1.2.2 mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_4.2 mysql-server-5.0.77-4.el5_4.2 mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.26r1127-1.el5 ##... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
5 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Not able to install mysql in ubuntu11.10

where should i download mysql-server package from? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinathk
2 Replies

7. Linux

How To Install and configure Mysql for CRM with PHP

Hi , I have tired several times and tried a lot to install CRM in Centos Linux i686 but while im opening in browser for installing it shows database error as Unable to connect to database Server. Invalid mySQL Connection Parameters specified This may be due to the following reasons:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
0 Replies

8. AIX

MySQL 5.5.28 compile on AIX 7.1

Hi, I have an AIX 7.1 lpar with cmake, gmp, libmpc, mpfr on it and a gcc 4.6.2 compiler that was made with the no-dependency flag. I am trying to complile MySql5.5.28 from Oracle. Cmake runs fine. Then when I run make, I get the following: <nyissz> Scanning dependencies of target strings ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ismeret Tenger
12 Replies

9. Web Development

Can't Install MySQL with PHP

Hi, I'm on a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian Wheezy. I urgently need to get MySQL running with PHP, but I get an error. For example: $con=mysql_connect("127.0.0.1","root","******","ids"); gives PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() So, I found I needed to install some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FreddoT
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

How to install Mysql on HP-UX?

Gd afternoon I am trying to run my website made in php-mysql on a HP-UX system but dont know how to install and run services of Mysql. Kindly provide appropriate solution for installing mysql on HP-UX system. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar.ashishcs
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLMAN(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLMAN(1)

NAME
dh_installman - install man pages into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installman [debhelperoptions] [manpage...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installman is a debhelper program that handles installing man pages into the correct locations in package build directories. In compat 10 and earlier, this program was primarily for when upstream's build system does not properly install them as a part of its install step (or it does not have an install step). In compat 11 and later, it supports the same features of dh_install(1) and has the advantage that it respects the nodoc build profile (unlike dh_install(1)). Even if you prefer to use dh_install(1) for installing the manpages, dh_installman can still be useful for converting the manpage encoding to UTF-8 and for converting .so links (as described below). However, that part happens automatically without any explicit configuration. You tell dh_installman what man pages go in your packages, and it figures out where to install them based on the section field in their .TH or .Dt line. If you have a properly formatted .TH or .Dt line, your man page will be installed into the right directory, with the right name (this includes proper handling of pages with a subsection, like 3perl, which are placed in man3, and given an extension of .3perl). If your .TH or .Dt line is incorrect or missing, the program may guess wrong based on the file extension. It also supports translated man pages, by looking for extensions like .ll.8 and .ll_LL.8, or by use of the --language switch. If dh_installman seems to install a man page into the wrong section or with the wrong extension, this is because the man page has the wrong section listed in its .TH or .Dt line. Edit the man page and correct the section, and dh_installman will follow suit. See man(7) for details about the .TH section, and mdoc(7) for the .Dt section. If dh_installman seems to install a man page into a directory like /usr/share/man/pl/man1/, that is because your program has a name like foo.pl, and dh_installman assumes that means it is translated into Polish. Use --language=C to avoid this. After the man page installation step, dh_installman will check to see if any of the man pages in the temporary directories of any of the packages it is acting on contain .so links. If so, it changes them to symlinks. Also, dh_installman will use man to guess the character encoding of each manual page and convert it to UTF-8. If the guesswork fails for some reason, you can override it using an encoding declaration. See manconv(1) for details. From debhelper compatibility level 11 on, dh_install will fall back to looking in debian/tmp for files, if it does not find them in the current directory (or wherever you've told it to look using --sourcedir). FILES
debian/package.manpages Lists man pages to be installed. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. --language=ll Use this to specify that the man pages being acted on are written in the specified language. --sourcedir=dir Look in the specified directory for files to be installed. This option requires compat 11 or later (it is silently ignored in compat 10 or earlier). Note that this is not the same as the --sourcedirectory option used by the dh_auto_* commands. You rarely need to use this option, since dh_installman automatically looks for files in debian/tmp in debhelper compatibility level 11 and above. manpage ... Install these man pages into the first package acted on. (Or in all packages if -A is specified). EXAMPLES
An example debian/manpages file could look like this: doc/man/foo.1 # Translations doc/man/foo.da.1 doc/man/foo.de.1 doc/man/foo.fr.1 # NB: The following line is considered a polish translation # of "foo.1" (and not a manpage written in perl called "foo.pl") doc/man/foo.pl.1 # ... NOTES
An older version of this program, dh_installmanpages(1), is still used by some packages, and so is still included in debhelper. It is, however, deprecated, due to its counterintuitive and inconsistent interface. Use this program instead. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLMAN(1)