Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to port a package to huge source code having its own make and compilers Post 302320943 by fpmurphy on Friday 29th of May 2009 11:16:22 AM
Old 05-29-2009
The question is understandable but very broad in its nature.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Make" source code

I'm looking for the source code for the "make" function. The reason being, I need to design my own version of it. Is there a way of viewing it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi_ted
3 Replies

2. Linux

how to make a Cent OS package.

I am using Cent OS 5.1. It has a command "yum" to install or update new packeges from a mirror or repository. i am doing installation and configuration of Sun directory server and opensso. i have made a shell script to install and configure both. but now the need is to create a Cent OS packege,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toanilsharma1
1 Replies

3. Programming

Source code for serial port

Hi, I am working with sun Solaris 5.9 and in my application,I have to communicate with Serial port(i.e /dev/term/a). So I need source code to by which I can do the following things-- 1)check the port is available or not.If it dosn't find the port,it should throw the error message(i.e. port not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
0 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - Compiling package from source? Different from pkgadd?

Hey everyone, I'm using a SPARC based Solaris 10 5/09 machine and want to install PHP support to it. I already have mysql and apache( came with OS, just started the proccess) installed, so this is the last thing before I can get to learning development :) However, there's something I'm not sure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agummad
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to compile a package in AIX when we download its source?

How to compile a package surce in AIX when we download its source? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Package creation problems with Source files

Hi, I am creating "LSOF" solaris package from solaris "source" files. I have compiled the source file and with that i created prototype file also. Then using pkgmk command i can make the package . In the package i am having (pkginfo pkgmap reloc) two file and one directory respectively But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kathirvel G
3 Replies

7. AIX

XVFB Source package for AIX

Please send me link for XVFB Source package for AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathap.g
3 Replies

8. Solaris

IPS custom package user source

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum and got a question which may be quite uncommon. I created a custom IPS package (using this How to) with some software I have to install frequently to different Solaris 11 zones (MongoDB to be precise). This software will be installed under "/opt/mongodb" and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dheitepriem
1 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question class SYNOPSIS
"use Net::DNS::Question" DESCRIPTION
A "Net::DNS::Question" object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = Net::DNS::Question->new("example.com", "MX", "IN"); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa subdomains. parse ($question, $offset) = Net::DNS::Question->parse($data, $offset); Parses a question section record at the specified location within a DNS packet. The first argument is a reference to the packet data. The second argument is the offset within the packet where the question record begins. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. Parsing is aborted if the question object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). qname, zname print "qname = ", $question->qname, " "; print "zname = ", $question->zname, " "; Returns the domain name. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zname" and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype print "qtype = ", $question->qtype, " "; print "ztype = ", $question->ztype, " "; Returns the record type. In dymamic update packets, this field is known as "ztype" and refers to the zone type (must be SOA). qclass, zclass print "qclass = ", $question->qclass, " "; print "zclass = ", $question->zclass, " "; Returns the record class. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zclass" and refers to the zone's class. print $question->print; Prints the question record on the standard output. string print $qr->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. data $qdata = $question->data($packet, $offset); Returns the question record in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet. Arguments are a "Net::DNS::Packet" object and the offset within that packet's data where the "Net::DNS::Question" record is to be stored. This information is necessary for using compressed domain names. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c) 2003,2006-2009 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Resolver, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Update, Net::DNS::Header, Net::DNS::RR, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.12.1 2009-12-30 Net::DNS::Question(3)