Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nmon problem
Operating Systems AIX nmon problem Post 302320796 by faruk on Friday 29th of May 2009 02:28:13 AM
Old 05-29-2009
are you trying to run nmon first time or all of sudden it happens?

and did you checked following files are present in /usr/lib/drivers/

nfs_kdes.ext
nfs_kdes_null.ext

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

nmon vs topas

good morning what is the better solution to examen a P570 ? because i use topas and nmon, and the results are totally different !!! with nmon, i have 80% free cpu, and with nmon, i have 90% of used cpu !!!!!! i take a shot with an intervall of 10s during 10 mn. thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

2. AIX

Another NMON

Anyone ever experienced a core dump when running NMON. I am running AIX 5.3 on an 8 CPU LPAR (P570). This has only recently started to happen. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

3. AIX

nmon

Can any one help where i can find articals about nomn I need to know how to read this tools ┌─CPU-Utilisation-Small-View───────────────────────────────────────────────────┐ │ 0----------25-----------50----------75----------100│ │CPU User% Sys% Wait% Idle%| ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

4. AIX

Nmon

HI Im new on this world. Im working with nmon and I understand that this tool generates a files that later with excel I can see the graphcial of my server. The problem is that this process is execute manualy and I need to meake automatic. How can I do That. Sorry for my english!! :o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegtoro
3 Replies

5. AIX

Nmon tool

Hi All, I have a p550 server with 4 proc. But when i run nmon analyzer in cpu_sum it show 5 processors cpu0 cpu1 cpu2 cpu3 cpu4. Why it is showing 5 processors. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
6 Replies

6. AIX

need help on NMON in AIX

HI, I have downloaded nmon 3.3c nmon analyzer, and run the command on aix ./nmon -f After that I have terminated the process and found .nmon file. when i have tried to open that file in nmon analyzer i.e in excel I am getting the error "no valid input data nmon run may have failed" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

NMON for RHEL45 WS

Hi guys, as per subject i am setting up NMON for the above OS but it is 64-bit Linux. I downloaded the 32-bit NMON for RHEL45 as it is the only one available for RHEL45. However, I ran into problem with the binary file. # ./nmon_x86_rhel45 ./nmon_x86_rhel45: error while loading shared... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
13 Replies

8. AIX

Please Help With NMON Data

Hi guys, I am an Oracle DBA and I have an account with some databases on an AIX 5.3 server. I am trying to figure out if I really need to add memory to this box or not, the account team keeps pushing me to make a decision and I don't want to waste their money if I don't need to right now, we could... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nibbsbitt
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can nmon be customized?

Hi, my name is Steve Ngai from Malaysia. This is my first post. Hope to learn more about Unix from this forum. My first question is can nmon be customized? When I run nmon, I need to manually type c to see CPU usage, then m for memory usage. Can I pass it some nmon option to automatically see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngaisteve1
2 Replies

10. AIX

Problem with nmon, actual CPU usage per process

Hi all, I am currently having trouble to get nmon to print me the actual CPU usage for an interval for a process. According to the manual, something like # time nmon -t -C cron -s 5 -c 2 -F outfile real 0m0.98s user 0m0.03s sys 0m0.04s should print out at least the process... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
15 Replies
EXTCHECK(1)						      General Commands Manual						       EXTCHECK(1)

NAME
extcheck - check hierarchical ext(5) files for global node connectivity and summarize number of fets, nodes, etc. SYNOPSIS
extcheck [ -c cthresh ] [ -p path ] [ -r rthresh ] [ -s sym=value ] [ -C ] [ -R ] [ -S symfile ] [ -T tech ] root DESCRIPTION
Extcheck will read an extracted circuit in the hierarchical ext(5) representation produced by Magic, check to ensure that all global nodes (those to which a label ending in an exclamantion point is attached) are fully connected in the layout, and then print a count of the num- ber of various items (nodes, fets, etc) encountered while flattening the circuit. The root of the tree to be processed is the file root.ext; it and all the files it references are recursively flattened. The following options are recognized: -c cthresh Set the capacitance threshold to cthresh femtofarads. Extcheck will count the number of explicit internodal capacitors greater than cthresh, the number of nodes whose capacitance is greater than cthresh, as well as the total number of nodes. (Other programs such as ext2sim(1) use this option as a threshold value below which a capacitor will not be output). The default value for cthresh is 10 femtofarads. -p path Normally, the path to search for .ext files is determined by looking for path commands in first ~cad/lib/magic/sys/.magic, then ~/.magic, then .magic in the current directory. If -p is specified, the colon-separated list of directories specified by path is used instead. Each of these directories is searched in turn for the .ext files in a design. -r rthresh Set the resistance threshold to rthresh ohms. Similar in function to -c, but for resistances. The default value for rthresh is 10 ohms. -s sym=value It's possible to use special attributes attached to transistor gates to control the length and width of transistors explicitly, rather than allowing them to be determined by the extractor. These attributes are of the form ext:w=width^ or ext:l=length^, where width or length can either be numeric, or textual. (The trailing ``^'' indicates that these are transistor gate attributes). If textual, they are treated as symbols which can be assigned a numeric value at the time ext2sim is run. The -s flag is used to assign numeric values to symbols. If a textual symbol appears in one of the above attributes, but isn't given a numeric value via -s (or -S below), then it is ignored; otherwise, the transistor's length or width is set to the numeric value defined for that sym- bol. (This option is not currently used by extcheck, but it is common to ext2sim(1) and other tools that are written using the extflat(3) library) -C Set the capacitance threshold to infinity. Because this avoids any internodal capacitance processing, all tools will run faster when this flag is given. -R Set the resistance threshold to infinity. -S symfile Each line in the file symfile is of the form sym=value, just like the argument to the -s flag above; the lines are interpreted in the same fashion. (This option is not currently used by extcheck, but it is common to ext2sim et. al.) -T tech Set the technology in the output .sim file to tech. This overrides any technology specified in the root .ext file. SEE ALSO
ext2dlys(1), ext2sim(1), ext2spice(1), magic(1), rsim(1), sim2spice(1), ext(5), sim(5) AUTHOR
Walter Scott BUGS
The -s mechanism is incomplete; it should allow quantities other than transistor lengths and widths to be specified. EXTCHECK(1)