Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print column that match reg expr Post 302320744 by research3 on Thursday 28th of May 2009 08:25:42 PM
Old 05-28-2009
I will try to create the loop!

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text replace by position instead of reg expr.

Can we replace the contents the of the rows of file, from one position to another position by mentioning, some start position & the width? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

var substitution in a reg expr ?

In a shell script, how I can achieve substitution of shell script var to a regular expression, as shown below. var=`head -1 file1` awk '$0!~/$var/ {print $0}' file1 > file2 In the case above $var value literally considered for non-exists criteria. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scipt dividing strings /reg expr

Hello! I've got txt-file containing lots of data in sentences like this: ;;BA;00:00:03:00;COM;CLOQUET-LAFOLLYE;SIMON; but sometime more than on in a line like this: ;;BA;00:00:03:00;COM;CLOQUET-LAFOLLYE;SIMON;;;BA;00:00:03:00;REA;RTL9;;;;BAC;:00;TIT;SEMAINE SPECIALE ~SSLOGAN~T DVD;; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maco_home
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Simple reg expr validate 6 digits number

Hi there! I'm trying to validate a simple 6 digits number with reg expr. I ONLY want 6 digits so when i type 7 digits the script should no validate the number. I've write this code: #!/usr/bin/perl while(<STDIN>){ if($_=~/\d{6}/){ print "Bingo!\n"; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BufferExploder
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: reg.expr: combine starting and ending removal in one exprecion

Hello, I am new in perl and in regular exprecion; so I am looking for help (or an experienced advise.) The target is a triming spaces from a string: i.e., remove spases from begining and from end of a string. One of main point of a searched solution is performance: for current task it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match and print particular column

Hi All, I am in need of help. I want to match a value of each row in “file 1” with the value of first row in “file 2” and print out only the columns that match. How can I do it in awk? Any help is greatly appreciated. for example, I have two files: Cat “File 1” ID 3 8 15 Cat “File... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newpro
2 Replies

7. Programming

How to prevent incorrect string using reg expr in Java?

Hi All, I need your input on how to mask out / ignore a string that does not match a working regular expression (continually refining) pattern in Java. Below is the code snippet which is picking up all the lines with the correct regular expression string except one known so far: public... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjackson123
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

print when column match with other file

Hello all, please help. There are two file like this: file1: 1197510.0 294777.7 9666973.0 21.6 1839.8 1197510.0 294777.7 9666973.0 413.2 2075.9 1197510.0 294777.7 9666973.0 689.3 2260.0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: attila
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk strings search + print next column after match

Hi, I have a file filled with search strings which have a blank in between and look like this: S. g. Ehr. o. Jg. v. d. Chijs g. Ehr. Now i would like to search for the strings and it also shall return the next column after the match. awk -v FILE="search_strings.txt" 'BEGIN {... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Print New Column For Every Two Lines and Match On Multiple Column Values to print another column

Hi, My input files is like this axis1 0 1 10 axis2 0 1 5 axis1 1 2 -4 axis2 2 3 -3 axis1 3 4 5 axis2 3 4 -1 axis1 4 5 -6 axis2 4 5 1 Now, these are my following tasks 1. Print a first column for every two rows that has the same value followed by a string. 2. Match on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies
foreach(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							foreach(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
foreach - Iterate over all elements in one or more lists SYNOPSIS
foreach varname list body foreach varlist1 list1 ?varlist2 list2 ...? body _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The foreach command implements a loop where the loop variable(s) take on values from one or more lists. In the simplest case there is one loop variable, varname, and one list, list, that is a list of values to assign to varname. The body argument is a Tcl script. For each element of list (in order from first to last), foreach assigns the contents of the element to varname as if the lindex command had been used to extract the element, then calls the Tcl interpreter to execute body. In the general case there can be more than one value list (e.g., list1 and list2), and each value list can be associated with a list of loop variables (e.g., varlist1 and varlist2). During each iteration of the loop the variables of each varlist are assigned consecutive values from the corresponding list. Values in each list are used in order from first to last, and each value is used exactly once. The total number of loop iterations is large enough to use up all the values from all the value lists. If a value list does not contain enough elements for each of its loop variables in each iteration, empty values are used for the missing elements. The break and continue statements may be invoked inside body, with the same effect as in the for command. Foreach returns an empty string. EXAMPLES
This loop prints every value in a list together with the square and cube of the value: set values {1 3 5 7 2 4 6 8} ;# Odd numbers first, for fun! puts "Value Square Cube" ;# Neat-looking header foreach x $values { ;# Now loop and print... puts " $x [expr {$x**2}] [expr {$x**3}]" } The following loop uses i and j as loop variables to iterate over pairs of elements of a single list. set x {} foreach {i j} {a b c d e f} { lappend x $j $i } # The value of x is "b a d c f e" # There are 3 iterations of the loop. The next loop uses i and j to iterate over two lists in parallel. set x {} foreach i {a b c} j {d e f g} { lappend x $i $j } # The value of x is "a d b e c f {} g" # There are 4 iterations of the loop. The two forms are combined in the following example. set x {} foreach i {a b c} {j k} {d e f g} { lappend x $i $j $k } # The value of x is "a d e b f g c {} {}" # There are 3 iterations of the loop. SEE ALSO
for(n), while(n), break(n), continue(n) KEYWORDS
foreach, iteration, list, looping Tcl foreach(n)