Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reallocating disk space
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reallocating disk space Post 302320345 by reborg on Wednesday 27th of May 2009 05:36:16 PM
Old 05-27-2009
You can.

Boot to single use mode ( possibly not require but depends on your memory/swap usage )
Remove the swap ( swap -d )
Resize the swap partition
Create the new partition
swap -a the swap partition and bring the server up the rest of the way.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Out of disk space?

Hi I'm trying to install gcc and the installation program tells me that I'm out of disk space! I have just installed the os (using the default settings for partitions and sizes) and have only installed apache on the machine. Can it really be out of disk space already? How do I check how much... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfabetman
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Disk space

Can someone tell me how to determine how much disk space has been allocated to me and how much of it I am using? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxh461
1 Replies

3. Programming

reallocating structures dynamically in functions

I've recently started using structures, but I am having problems in allocating the structure dynamically. In the code below if i allocate the structure in the main program it works fine, and i get the expected output. However if i use the function rper below to increase the size of the structure i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cezaryn
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

available disk space on disk device???

Hello, Can someone please tell me which command to use to determine the available disk space on a given disk device? I have to write a shell script that compresses files and stores them in a specific location but I am not sure how "conservative" I should be? Thanks in advance! Al. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Disk space?

I'm a Unix newbie running Solaris 9. After installing a fresh copy on a 40GB drive I noticed the available disk space is 2% free or approximately 200MB available. Is that possible? Did I do something wrong? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbarbuto
4 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

disk space

Hi experts i am new in unix and informix and would like to ask 2 questions 1) my server shows when using df -k fs 1024-block used available /usr 10079072 3668670 6381144 does this mean i have 10GB, and used up 3.7GB and available 6.3GB ??? is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingsto88
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

disk space

when i check /export directory of my machine gets filled up (85%) i removed some old logs. but after cleaning df -k command still shows that /export is still 85% full. Is there a way to force df to reflect actual free space without rebooting? My machine is a production one and can't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aboorkuma
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

disk space

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, and want to monitor disk space using shell script continously on server, which will shoot mail after crossing threshold limit Please suggest. Regards Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Disk Space

Hi, I am installing TAM-eb components in solaris V10.o, unfortunately am running out of space. when I -df i come across a lot of directories. i would like to know whether there is any way to free some disk space. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ichwaiznicht
10 Replies
SWAPLABEL(8)						       System Administration						      SWAPLABEL(8)

NAME
swaplabel - print or change the label or UUID of a swap area SYNOPSIS
swaplabel [-L label] [-U UUID] device DESCRIPTION
swaplabel will display or change the label or UUID of a swap partition located on device (or regular file). If the optional arguments -L and -U are not given, swaplabel will simply display the current swap-area label and UUID of device. If an optional argument is present, then swaplabel will change the appropriate value on device. These values can also be set during swap creation using mkswap(8). The swaplabel utility allows to change the label or UUID on an actively used swap device. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help text and exit. -L, --label label Specify a new label for the device. Swap partition labels can be at most 16 characters long. If label is longer than 16 charac- ters, swaplabel will truncate it and print a warning message. -U, --uuid UUID Specify a new UUID for the device. The UUID must be in the standard 8-4-4-4-12 character format, such as is output by uuidgen(1). AUTHOR
swaplabel was written by Jason Borden <jborden@bluehost.com> and Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>. AVAILABILITY
The swaplabel command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
mkswap(8), swapon(8), uuidgen(1) util-linux April 2010 SWAPLABEL(8)