Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users truss: script runs without, but 'sysntax err' with it ?! Post 302320268 by Perderabo on Wednesday 27th of May 2009 01:16:09 PM
Old 05-27-2009
This is the expected behavior. The misformed #! line is causing the exec to fail. This is covered in detail here: https://www.unix.com/tips-tutorials/3...r-bin-ksh.html

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

My script runs too slow :-(...

Hello experts, I have a series issue in script that result with bad peformence and I wonder if you can assist me. For example I have two files: File-New, size 15Mb. File-Old, size 1Mb. File-New content: a b c k File-Old content: d f a b (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roybe
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script: want to insert values in database when update script runs

Hi , I am new to linux and also also to shell scripting. I have one shell script which unpacks .tgz file and install software on machine. When this script runs I want to insert id,filename,description(which will be in readme file),log(which will be in log file) and name of unpacked folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ring
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script which runs sql script

Hi all, I need a shell script which runs a sql script but I couldn't find how to finish it. This is the code that I have: #! /usr/bin/ksh export SHELL=/bin/ksh export ORACLE_SID=database export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.8 sqlplus user <<EOF @/path/path/path/scriptname.sql... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geller
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh script: std Out/err

Hello gurus, this is part of my script: ls -1 ${MyFile} >> ${dir_log}ListFile${Now}.tmp FILENUM=`cat ${dir_log}ListFile${Now}.tmp| wc -l | awk '{print $1}'`>> /dev/null if then writeError "ERRORE: no file in directory for type ${FileName}!" >> ${LogFileName} Close 1 fi... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: GERMANICO
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor for new file with ext .err and size > 0 bytes and perform a action or command

Hi All, I need to create a script to monitor a dir for new files with ext .err and also it should b a non empty files. and perform a action or command . We have a new ETL application that runs on a linux server, every times a etl fails it creates a .err file or updates the existing .err... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MAKHAN
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script only runs as a particular user

Hi guys So I've got this PERL script that for one reason or another I need to run as a user other than the user that created the script. When I su - to another user the script won't run and doesn't give me any output as to why. No permission denied or anything like that. I've chmod 777'd the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaymoney
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs in endless loop

Hi, AM very new to shell scripting and try to run a simple do while loop statement, but it ends up running endlessly. please can anyone assist, dunno what am doing wrong, any useful suggestions will be welcomed. #!/bin/ksh ### To check a running process instance #################... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayoo
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script only runs first time through crontab

Hello, I am trying to run a script through crontab and it runs the first time and then it does not run. I tried to run a simple script (as shown below) and I see the same issue. #!/bin/ksh clear echo "Good Morning, World." > /tmp/test123 Crontab Entry: 30 09 * * *... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasn318
9 Replies
syscallbypid.d(1m)						   USER COMMANDS						syscallbypid.d(1m)

NAME
syscallbypid.d - syscalls by process ID. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
syscallbypid.d DESCRIPTION
This reports the number of each type of system call made by PID. This is useful to identify which process is causing the most system calls. This is based on a script from DExplorer. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
This samples until Ctrl-C is hit. # syscallbypid.d FIELDS
PID process ID CMD process name SYSCALL system call name COUNT number of system calls made in this sample DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
syscallbypid.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
procsystime(1M), dtrace(1M), truss(1) version 1.00 Jun 28, 2005 syscallbypid.d(1m)